RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Sadness is...

Sadness is...

...being offered lino at $0.75/lb, but you must take all 4000 pounds.

Any casters in the Windsor, Ontario area need any?

All I ask is a fifty pound finders fee.

Banned

Had a situation similar to that here a few years ago. A young man was closing out his dad's estate who had run a print shop for years. Wish I had bought more of it, he spent a good while selling it off on Ebay.

Go to the bank and take out a loan. You could easily sell off what you don't need and get a return on your investment.

Good idea on the Bank loan...only your going to need a little extra to purchase another 8,000 lbs. of lead to go with and blend into 12,000 lbs. of some excellent boolit metal. 12.5 BHN great tin content...then start selling to the rest of us.
    Or...keep it to your self and cast about 420,000-200 grain boolits...that will keep you busy for a while.
    Oh...but, then theres cases, primers and power for those nice boolits you just made...heck you just created a business for yourself...
    "Retumbo Reloads"
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master

I would borrow from the Beer budget and buy it. That would last a long time, maybe all of your life.

Boolit Buddy
    Boy I'm glad I'm not a high volume shooter! I used to do all my shooting on public property into dirt backstop. Last thing I did before leaving was to mine my lead back out of the backstop. A pound of lead goes a long way like that. I bought lino type many many years ago but no idea where to get it any more. Back then I paid I think, $.25 a pound. I've got about a lifetime supply of lead and never paid for the first once!

I wish I could go to the bank...just finishing off putting hardwood and tile floor down in half the house.

Boolit Master
    Can't bear to buy lead goes against the grain .I do buy lead free solder though just for the tin.

Great deal! I am out West in Sask. not in Windsor so that part is out, and it seems about 3950 pounds over what I might need as well. Other than that though...

Have to say $3000 is a bit steep for my wallet. Very understanding wife but pretty sure lead purchase that costs more than my last car would not be make for harmony. She doesn't like the car enough to have it in the garage so getting the 4k lbs. of lead in there would be an even bigger stretch.

From Canada not even sure the USPS flat rate boxes would allow shipping to the US market for reasonable price.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I'm just north of Detroit across the river... at $0.75/pound I'd be in for 500 bucks (call it 620 pounds, covering your 50# if my juice makes it worth the squeeze).

Seems it would likely take a couple guys more than me to tempt you into it given the 3 grand in question... but let me know!

I'd meet you near the bridge (Sarnia or Windsor, on the US side) for it... still haven't gotten my passport or "passport-ID" either since the terrorists made it necessary I humbly admit. I have a pretty good stash of lino here, but as far as I'm concerned it's gold. Hard to believe it could depreciate much at this point...

I miss visiting Ontario actually. Nice place. Not enough to get off my backside and get a passport, but still

Edit: I have plenty of softer lead, a mean casting addiction (when schedule allows) and I'm 36. Little goes a long way, but I'd hate to surprisingly live till 80 and not have lino to use and/or mix with LOL
    Last edited by depoloni; 06-14-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Damn you Retumbo.. I'm in the area.... sigh.. I don't really need that much (have about 2000 lbs of good stuff now)....

By the way, I shoot at the ATS (Amherstburg Target Sports) club (just ask for Kevin). Everyone knows me (trap, pistol, rifle etc). I'll see what I can come up with (funny, had literally tons of lino 25 years ago and sold tons off LOL)...

Will look around (been trying to get others into casting also) - they love shooting my ammo since it barely costs anything compared to theirs.

Damn... so tempting (but pricey). I would take 1000 - 2000 maybe, but 4000 is alot.

peace

I'm actually near Niagara Falls...tried to get a bunch of guys together but it fell through.

If you want to try and get a smaller amount I can pm you the contact information

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinkd View Post
    Damn you Retumbo.. I'm in the area.... sigh.. I don't really need that much (have about 2000 lbs of good stuff now)....

By the way, I shoot at the ATS (Amherstburg Target Sports) club (just ask for Kevin). Everyone knows me (trap, pistol, rifle etc). I'll see what I can come up with (funny, had literally tons of lino 25 years ago and sold tons off LOL)...

Will look around (been trying to get others into casting also) - they love shooting my ammo since it barely costs anything compared to theirs.

Damn... so tempting (but pricey). I would take 1000 - 2000 maybe, but 4000 is alot.

peace

Moderator Emeritus

I would talk to the bank... tell them it is a short term business loan for inventory. You can turn it around on ebay for $2 a pound!!!(or more!)

Boolit Master

Sounds like a good reason to beat up a credit card if no loan- certainly should have no problem selling it , even if the first couple months only brings in enough to make CC payments. Gotta spend money to make money !