Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Possible sign of .22's returning

Boolit Grand Master

Possible sign of .22's returning

I was in the local Walmart tonight and thought I would look to see if there was any .22LR. (I have only seen it here about five times in the past four years).

I was shocked to see a whole shelf devoted to .22's, with new tags for prices. No ammo yet and still a sign stating a limit of one box for .22's, but it is progress.

Robert

Boolit Master
    good luck the tags are allways at my local wallmart but not ammo.i think the limit and we are out of 22lr signs are permanent.But the Local gun shop has some 22lr but is a bit hi on price

Boolit Master
    My Walmart put them tags up about 3 weeks ago. Just seen some .22 shorts twice in that time.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Lots of price tags on empty shelves always!

I have found 7 500 bricks in the past couple months by just being there for other OTC stuff and strolling by the sporting area! No real sign of anything changing that I can ever see. LGS's have lots of 22LR's but at "don't-touch-'em" prices.

Good luck with your shelf tags!

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    there are 22LR at good prices over the Internet almost every day. You just need to keep watch and purchase immediately. Yesterday, Brownells had Winchester M-22 for $59.99 per box of 1000 with no limit. The sale lasted less than 5 minutes.
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I prefer $21.95/500 at Walmart!

Boolit Bub
    Academy Sports always had .22 during the "shortage" at reasonable prices, and still does. I'm buying Federal Match HV at 4.99 a box of 50 now. About as cheap as shooting the .38.

They had Aguila for awhile, and it was sorta ok, but not too good in the sub sonic stuff. Dirty, and left chunks of lead in my cylinder (revolver). But now it's Federal, and times are good

Boolit Master

Dick's advertised the 325 rd. Federal automatch stuff for $19+ in today's Sunday flyer. Usually they fly away, but I did not go by until after lunch and still got 3 bricks. Little over six cents a pop, but guess that's the new normal.

Boolit Master

Was in Dick's today (Field and stream 1871). The .22 rimfire was stacked like cordwood! I got 300 mini mags. for $29.99 - yea that's a little high, but they shoot really well in 2 of my .22's.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master
    I noticed that Bass Pro, Cabelas and Academy all had .22LR's in stock. Cabelas had lots of .22's too. Bulk packs even. Bass Pro only had a few bulk packs left though. Cabelas had several different brands of bulk packs at the time. Academy even had some bulk packs. But Academy kept all of their .22's behind the counter, you had to ask for them. But all of the stores had the 50 and 100 count boxes of .22's in many different brands and types.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 06-12-2016 at 10:38 PM. Reason: typo correction

Boolit Man
    After seeing this post, I went to my local Walmart, and I saw there was a shelve for 22 ammo with price labels. Although there was no .22 ammo the shelve is a sign of hope.

Boolit Grand Master
    I haven't seen any actual ammo yet, but they do have half of the next shelf labeled for .22 Mag. They have also had some of the near unobtainium .17WSSM ammo here for a while.

Robert

Cabela's has plenty. I was told to stock up though. Another shortage coming. Could of been a sales pitch. Anyway, I still have about 10 bricks I bought when they were $7 to $15 a brick. That will do me the rest of my shooting days. S&B primers are $21.95 until the 19th. Bought some IMR powder for $29.95. A little here and a little there keeps me stocked.

Boolit Master

Employee at Dick's in Cool Springs (S. of Nashville) said they had a pile of 22, the Federal was 20 bucks/325.

I bought some because, though I am not low on moderately accurate 22 ammo, I am short on fairly accurate ammo and am hoping this will fill the void until Aguilla I want is available,
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    I haven't bought any 22lr in ~3 months since my last bucket of rem "gold" bullets. I haven't seen any in walmarts but it has been behind the counter at Academy every time I go. Maybe not the bulk packs each time, but there has been a solid selection of decently priced 50ct.

Banned

After the shooting in FL I'm sure the little we see now is going to disappear again and for a good long time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    After the shooting in FL I'm sure the little we see now is going to disappear again and for a good long time.
    I'm sure you are right, but I'm running out of space to stockpile anymore .

Boolit Buddy

I was in Field and Stream in Kalamazoo, MI last night. There were many .22 for sale and on sale. Thunderbolt 500 rnd bricks were on sale for 29.98 a box. And there was a lot.

Boolit Master

Plenty .22lr available here in western NY, I didn't look at the price cause I've no need for anymore.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

If only I lived in the land of the "free", down under I was quoted yesterday,

$AU620 per case Winchester T22 (5000) and $AU78/1000 for Federal SP primers
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast