Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mec bushings

Boolit Master
    I use masking tape inside the bushing to adjust for powder weight.
    I just wrap it around and round and then try the bushing.
    A little tedious but it works.
    Last edited by Alferd Packer; 09-06-2021 at 09:03 AM.

If you use the Universal Charge Bar, work it until you are absolutely sure it's dropping the correct weight of powder.

One of the guys in our SASS group loaded up a bunch of shells that had either no powder or very little powder. It was pretty funny watching his loads go "pffffft."

I asked him what happened. He told me he had just recently installed the Adjustable Charge Bar and something went very wrong.

I'd recommend practice drops of both powder and shot before actually loading shells.

I'm sure it will work -- no way Mec would be selling a failure -- but there must be a trick to adjusting it or mating it with your press. (I don't own an adjustable bar -- just passing on a friend's experience/excuse.)

Boolit Master
    I’ve got over a dozen MEC loaders both progressive and single stage . The 20 gauge 9000 I have I bought used and cam with a Universal bar . Personally I prefer separate bars and powder bushings . I question whether I’ll get the adjustments back the same each time snd more importantly in a quick fashion . With charge bars and bushings it’s a no brainer .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty1776 View Post
    I'm sure it will work -- no way Mec would be selling a failure -- but there must be a trick to adjusting it or mating it with your press. (I don't own an adjustable bar -- just passing on a friend's experience/excuse.)
    Most of the Universal charge bars I’ve seen were not manufactured by MEC . The one that came on my 20gauge wasn’t manufactured by them .
    Last edited by 6pt-sika; 09-11-2021 at 07:31 PM.
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

I've been using a universal charge bar on my Mec Grabber for probably 25 years. Love it & will never go back to bushings.

Boolit Master
    the universal charge bars were not made by mec, and they are no longer being made from what I understand that's what drove prices for them crazy on places like eBay . but just like any other loaded and powder measure you need to weigh a few thrown charges to be sure of what is going through powder measure.
    I use both mec bushings and universal charge bars the newer universal bars with the dog bone inserts seem to be more consistent and slide back and forth easier than the older original ones that didn't have the inserts.

Boolit Master
    I have what is known as a Bushing Sickness. That is that I collect them even if I don't need them. If someone's giving them away, I take them. If they're at a garage sale for a buck apiece, I buy them. So one would think that I've got a #20 for Herco in a 28 gage. Nope, don't have that size. But I'll get one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA120031.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	288625
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.

I have a lathe, I just make my own bushings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12