MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: home cast 9mm. in springfield xds

Boolit Mold

home cast 9mm. in springfield xds

Does anyone have experience shooting home cast 9mm boolits in Springfield XDS ? /

Boolit Grand Master

A friend of mine has one. The only problem is the chamber has very little throat. Rounds that fit my WWII era Walther P38 , which has a generous throat, would jamb into his rifling before fully chambering. I have used the Lee 358-105-SWC , Lee 356-120-TC , Lee 356-125-2R and the NOE 358-124-TC GC. All worked well once we had the boolits seated deep enough to pass the plunk test in his chamber. My P38 chambers anything because it has a longer throat. All bullets were sized .357.
    For some reason my friend likes the Lee 125 grain round nose . I prefer the truncated cone designs, both Lee and NOE. The Lee 105 grain SWC works, after getting the seating depth right. Not bad for light loads for my old P38 but in the Springfield , function and feeding is better with a heavier bullet.
    No leading problems with loads in the 950 to 1000 fps range. Was trying for reliable feeding and accuracy not maximum fps +P loads and was successful . The gas checked NOE bullet might get use in some warmer loads with a softer alloy , just to see how they work.
    Gary

Boolit Master
    My XD9 likes truncated cone designs as well. Short throat as said above. Elco boolit works well also. Its a pretty good shooter with cast. Comfortable with reliable feeding and extraction. Sized 358, it slugged 356. Slug it and the plunk it till it seats and spins.

Boolit Bub
    Seem to shoot my 125 cone bullets just fine but I haven't tried the 124 Gr. HP.

Boolit Buddy
    My XDM and my buddies keyhole .355/.356 boolits.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pardini View Post
    My XDM and my buddies keyhole .355/.356 boolits.
    For cast .357 seems to work better and the Lee Tumble Lube designs might give problems in 9 mm. Some guns will shoot them, others wont. All my moulds are conventional lube groove design and I have seen no keyholes.

Boolit Master

I have an aftermarket 9mm barrel for my XD Subcompact Mod.2 40. I've not had any problems with it running PC'ed 120TC Lee boolits. I size to .357.

Boolit Grand Master
    Try this mold.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/294...truncated-cone

See if some one can send you a few to try first.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy
    my xd 9 subcompact seems to really like the lee 125 2r powder coated and sized to .356 . it shoots them much more accurately than the 120 gr tc bullet .

Quote Originally Posted by sandman228 View Post
    my xd 9 subcompact seems to really like the lee 125 2r powder coated and sized to .356 . it shoots them much more accurately than the 120 gr tc bullet .
    I also use that bullet
    XD Mod.2 9mm subcompact
    sized .356 after PC
    1.075 OAL

My mold is a dog though, and getting worse (sticks, seams, sprue plate problems, line groove cut wrong...) I may try a TC in the future or buy a new one of the same and roll the bones.