MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: 218 bee brass ?

Boolit Buddy

218 bee brass ?

I am looking for new or once fired 218 BEE brass. Winchester has it in their product list but no one in this area is able to obtain any of it.. Anyone have a possible source ??

Thanks

Ron

Boolit Grand Master
    I have seen it at gunshows for $1/case, but its few and far between.

Boolit Master
    Last I read, Winchester has discontinued manufacturing 218 bee and 25-20 brass.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc-okc View Post
    I am looking for new or once fired 218 BEE brass. Winchester has it in their product list but no one in this area is able to obtain any of it.. Anyone have a possible source ??

Thanks

Ron
    It's a case that if you want it your gonna have to make it...
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Master

You might get lucky in asking, but a bunch of guys here have already been beating the bushes for 218 Bee brass - me included.

It is near unobtainable through normal channels as it has not been made in many years. If you are serious about keeping a .218 Bee rifle fed, your best option is to make your own. I got a great instruction over on another forum, and assembled the stuff to make my own. This is all you need - the only dies you use in the reloading die sets are the full length sizing dies. Your second step will give you a perfect 25-20 case, so there is your excuse to get another rifle. If you decide to go this route I can post up the instructions...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	163198614.7SWVfPsI.P5110177.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	168017

Boolit Master

Get your forming dies from Midway and your brass from Starline and follow these instructions and you'll have all the brass you need. Scrap rate is low, I run about four per hundred. I do fire form mine but they will chamber and fire just fine.
    Good luck

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/32...-easy-way.html
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    It has been out of production a good while. I sold the last I had for over a $1 each and have seen it higher at auctions.
    Just make it from 32-20 brass.
    EDG

Boolit Bub
    I might have some I will have to look and I will let you know

In Remembrance
    When making 218Bee from 32-20 brass it's a multi-step procedure. I did it some time ago for just a few folks, had a fair share of collapsed necks and the end results creates a case that's .030 under spec for the case length....
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

218 Bee is like hen's teeth these days... but it's out there, I have come across it for reasonable prices here and there. Just keep looking.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for that info GRUMPA. I can see myself doing this in the distant future. .030 under is quite a bit for that little case.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Thanks for that info GRUMPA. I can see myself doing this in the distant future. .030 under is quite a bit for that little case.
    Mine are coming out .020 under, but thankfully they headspace off the rim and not the case mouth or shoulder, so being a little short is not having any effect whatsoever. The 25-20 brass I converted come out .008 under...

Boolit Master
    I have all three of the cases mentioned but I also have a beautiful little Martini Cadet rifle which I have been planning on making a .218 for the last 20 years. I once had a cadet so chambered but stupidly let it get away. It would be a shame to see the great little cartridge disappear.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    I better start thinking about putting in an order for brass from Starline. Sure wish they would consider tooling up to make necked down/shouldered cases.

- Thomas Jefferson

In Remembrance
    I wrote Starline some time ago asking if it was possible to leave there 32-20 brass .030 longer. Although they did reply, there minimum order was something like 100K cases at a higher price, pretty much trying to scare you off. Here I thought it would be such a simple request, something like just don't trim to length, but I guess not..

Annealing Services

Boolit Master
    They have a formula and business plan that has worked for them for many years. Although I wish they'd reconsider that decision and their apparent decision not to tool up and manufacture necked/shouldered cases, I do understand their reluctance.

- Thomas Jefferson