RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Physical healing in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Perm-Banned

Physical healing in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

share with us any experiences in physical healings in the name of the Lord jesus Christ or your thoughts on it. thanks before hand.

Ever hear of Reiki? Essentially discovered by a Japanese Monk.

Would love to have a conversation with you, but I would prefer not to have it quite this out in the open.

As to what you are asking, I have 2 I can relate. One with proof, one without.

10 years ago wife came home from her yearly checkup, severely subdued.
    Big spot on mamogram in her left breast. Was pretty quiet until the night before her appointment to have a biopsy done.
    She was panicking. Now I did not use the Lords name out loud, but I reached up and made a connection, told him the facts, asked for help. Told him I wanted it gone. Now they had marked the spot on her breast with indelible ink to mark the spot. But they kept her there for an hour and a half looking for a lump that did not exist. Even reran the mamogram. No lump, no where.

My wife comes home, shouting "WHAT DID YOU DO? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DID TO ME FOR NEAR 2 HOURS?

Sorry dear, those are my toys, no one takes them away from me.

The other was about 3 years ago, my wife being overweight bought yet another piece of exercise gear, she goes down and gets on it, suddenly is falling off it. I was afraid that I knew what it was. Cholesterol plugged up artery's. I helped her into a chair, while doing so made the connection to my creator, blew the plug, and then was horrified when I figured out what would happen when that plug hit her brain.

All of a sudden it was like I could see it, a big jam of fatty yellow white. In a moment of inspiration I clapped my hands together and commanded "snowstorm" and the plug broke up into a zillion little tiny flakes to small to hurt anything.

For this one I have no proof, but my wife gained health, stamina, and managed to get dedicated enough to lose 50 lbs.

Both of her brothers have had multiple bypass or stints. 5 and 5 I believe. My wife just turned 60 and is still doing fine.
    So, no proof, but do I believe? LOL man wouldn't you?

I do think there are sometimes limits, and some things that just are not supposed to be healed.

Last, when I am asking for healing, as with most of my prayers I add, " Not my will, but thine be done Lord"
    Last edited by GhostHawk; 05-11-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Boolit Master
    Interesting thanks for sharing.

Banned
    I would attribute that to a faulty X-ray. This happens all the time.

Perm-Banned
    Ghost Hawk, thank you for your input. it was brave of you to post it all as it is a subject that is going to get pros and cons. i believe you and have no doubt at what you say. you have displayed what is called active faith, you dont sit on your faith, you use it. remember Nepoleon said, mankind will believe anything except if you say its from the bible.

Moderator Emeritus

I hear claims often and just have to take them at face value. I'm hooked on believing reason and rationality, even though I know the supernatural does NOT have to follow that all the time. I never affirm what I can't nor deny what I hear just because I don't understand it. Some things, I think we just have to take under advisement, and those brave enough to speak of these things have my thanks. If nothing else, it's another reminder that the supernatural CAN work in whatever way it wishes to. What makes it credible is the fact that God may have required him to DO something himself in order for a miracle to have been performed. I think He often does this to us, and wants US to have some sort of part in achieving what we ask for, rather than always handing everything to us on a silver platter. Why not a simple clap of the hands, as an act of faith?

The whole truth about miracles are that they're things that rationally just can't happen, but nevertheless DO. Those of us who had no part in it may have rational doubt, but we need to understand the infinite ability of the immortal as well, if we're to keep a balanced and valid perspective. That's my view, anyway.

Moderator Emeritus

In answer to the OP, my kidneys failed, and I nearly died. Caught me totally by surprise. A very good local kidney doc saved my life, but I was on dialysis for a few months, and had resigned myself to live off the machines for the rest of my life. But after a few weeks of dialysis, my head dialysis nurse said she was going to get my kidneys working again! I'd been asking the Lord to release me from those machines, so this hit me like a 2x4 between the eyes. And sure enough, they did in fact get my kidneys working again. I did exactly what they told me to, and had at least 5 churches praying for me and a crowd of individuals, and I've been off dialysis for several years now. Prayer works. I've seen it too often.

One other incident that fits here well is when my wife's grandpa was in the hospital, a smaller county hospital with little life-saving machinery. "Doc" as her grandad was called, was in his 80's, and weak, and was bleeding internally, and the doctors couldn't get it stopped, so they called the family in and told us all there didn't appear to be any chance Doc was going to survive, and he might go at any time. The preacher at the relatively tiny little country church was an old man who didn't have quite a full high school education, but was a man of as great a Faith as I have ever known. He took Auby, Doc's son and my FIL aside, and told him that he could stop the bleeding, but he'd have to be in the room with Doc alone for a few minutes. Auby agreed, and arranged it. The preacher went in, and when he came out, he declared with all the off the cuff surety of saying Doc was still in the room, he said, "He'll be OK now."

And sure enough, only a bare few minutes after that, the nurses called the docs to the room and found the bleeding HAD stopped! Was it something the doctors did? Or was it the prayer? Rationalists will say it was natural. I saw the preacher tell Auby that it was going to be OK, and there was something not quite natural about the way he said it that I noted at the time, and just dismissed until I was told about the conversation Auby and the preacher had had some time later. That's when the feeling I got when the preacher came out and said "He'll be OK now," made sense. I believe we can FEEL the Holy Spirit when it's in our presence. I've seen other instances of this nature. If we're open to feeling it, I think it simply can't be missed. It's something other than what we normally experience in this realm, I know THAT for SURE.

Miracles do indeed still happen. Whether we are open to recognizing them is the only thing that varies. Even the most obvious of miracles, like Christ raising the dead, and arising himself, are denied quite regularly. And at the same time, some seem to think everything that happens is a miracle. I think miracles are exceptions to the general rules of our universe, but they DO indeed happen. I've seen them too many times to have missed them all. That a man like me can have seen as many as I have is very humbling, but I've always tried to notice everything I could, whether I understood it right then or not. Sometimes things have to take a while to seep into my brain, so I've long come to just notice things that most take for granted, and let them sink in as they may.

But mostly, it's that eerie feeling that you get, like when the preacher came out and stated affirmatively and confidently, "He'll be OK now," that makes me believe in many of the miracles I've seen. It's as though we sense what's really happening without fully understanding it. It's scary the first few times one experiences it, or allows ourselves to, but it becomes much more poignant as things progress. If there's a supernatural, how could it NOT cause effects within and upon us that we can't explain, and can only sense?

Perm-Banned
    thanks

6bg6ga Ok, we each have the choice, the free will to believe as we choose.

But let me ask you this question.

If it was your wifes breast, and you could feel the lump. (small grape sized)
    And you felt something out of the ordinary, and the lump which you plainly felt one day was not there the next. Do you still think you would blame the x-ray?

I am a big believer in the power of prayer, I have seen it work both on me and on others.

If you want to think I'm tetched, crazy, moonstruck, or however you choose to put it that is fine. Your life, your choice. You won't hear me put you down for it.

It is indeed a sensitive subject, and I would like to thank Johnson1942 for posting it.
    My lord has been after me to "tell the story" and this is one way of doing so.

To God be the glory!

Banned
    I'm sorry but I am a doubter. I worked along side a lady years ago that had the belief that her car started one time without a battery just because she prayed. Logic would dictate that the starter isn't going to turn without a battery. You simply are not going to pull 12 volts and 300CCA out of thin air. She firmly believed the car started on its own and upon arriving at her location her husband opened the hood only to find no battery there. The logical answer is that her battery was there and simply fell out. If it gives you comfort then believe with all your heart but I will continue to believe in simple logic and that would tell me if there was a lump it isn't going to go away in an instant.

Perm-Banned
    6b6g6ga, i respect your train of thought, however i and others have seen and witnessed things that cant be explained by logic. we are not forcing these things we have seen and witnessed on anyone. we are just reporting them. i have had countless experiences in things like this, too many to put down here. when one accepts christ as their savior that is truly blind faith and trust. after that it is all living faith. if it wasnt living active faith it would hard to stay a christian as blind faith goes just so far. ever since i was 16 years old i have seen and witnessed things that are beyond logic and reason of this world. im not a wierd cultist, im a christian who practices his faith but not in a intrusive way. im 73 years old and had two different careers in my life. also a lot of college. the one constant thing in my life has been God and his Son. with out them i wouldnt be here now. ive had bullets go by my ears, between my legs, hit the vehicle i was in. if it wasnt for God and his Son i wouldnt be here. all seven of my children respect God and His son and have active faiths, not blind faiths. you do not have to be sorry for being a doubter, if you saw what ive seen and others you wouldnt be. you never know. seeking is one of the answers to all this. as for the story of the no battery, i could tell ones that were real more unbeliveable than that one. we are not out to hurt anyone here, just shareing.

Boolit Master

Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow. He changes not. All things are possible with God.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

When God directly intervenes in a situation it is called a miracle, do they happen, yes, do I believe in them , yes, did Jesus preform them routinely at will, yes, no reason to think they can't happen as they do all the time. We are going to listen to a youth pastor tomorrow that was rendered sterile by chemo years ago, the sperm they froze was not properly handled and was unviable , while he and his wife were looking into adoption she became pregnant, the child is his, they had twins last year also his, I know this man's uncle, he is a long time family friend, my grandmother was his Sunday school teacher my grandfather his choir teacher, I've been on the inside of this story for a long time, 100%true.
    I have also seen my grandmother, a women of Job like faith pray a storm away, in an instant, not blow over not a just a quick storm, but the clouds literally burst, the wind died the rain stopped, right now, .
    As for skeptics and frauds, I never bash the skeptical mind, unfortunately frauds, fakes, charlatans, and liars abound, we have a cousin, scam artist extordinare whom claims to heal with laying of his hand and hearing the voice of God and being a very very holy man.....we call him the leper messiah, I won't be around nor have anything to do with him....it's funny another man we know whom lies cheats and steals, he'd done all three to us and others we know, thinks our cousin is a walking talking John the Baptist, funny that, people seem to find their own level don't they?

Banned
    I can respect what your saying. You believe you have either been a part of a miracle or witnessed one. Maybe I would believe also its just that I requre a little more proof scientific proof before I'm ready to clap my hands together and shout Hallelujah.

Moderator Emeritus

I also respect your view 6bg, but if you want proof that the universe we live in is not strictly deterministic, check into quantum physics. In that study, there are many unexplainable and contradictory things observed literally thousands of times. Check out Gerald Schroeder's book, "The Science of God." I just got through reading it, and it presents a lot of reasons to believe in God, and if there's a God, then why couldn't or shouldn't He intervene in His creation at times? Toward the back, he gets into just what you have questions about - whether our universe is strictly deterministic (based on cause and effect) or whether there's more to it than just strictly that. He at least opens the door, if you care to enter it, to the very real and objective possibility that things CAN transcend anything we can identify as reasonable and logical, and in fact, gives rise to great and legitimate question as to whether our universe is strictly deterministic or not. It simply isn't, at least at all levels. Sure, most of our world is based on cause and effect, but not ALL of it, and it's demonstrable. Get the book and give it a good read. I read it slowly so it'd sink in, and went back often and re-read many parts until I felt I understood it, and occasionally just to fix it in my mind because it was so poignant and illustrative. It's an easy, pleasant read, too. He keeps things on a level that most laymen with a decent understanding of the basic sciences can understand all the points he makes. Even the ones we may not quite "get" fully, he makes pretty clear at least at the level of principle. I think it might open the door for you.

Science has, over the last 30-40 years, been making discoveries and conducting proofs of many things that tend VERY strongly to indicate that there MUST be a real and legitimate and loving God that had a very strong hand in Creation from the Big Bang onward. And it KEEPS progressing toward that. I sometimes wonder, given the unrest and disbelief and abandonment of good and genuinely Christian and moral principles that seems to pervade our world today, whether all this is being given to us so that even the most devout disbeliever might come to the light, before it is all closed down. It's worth a look for you, I think, at the very least. If our world is indeed based on cause and effect, at the very least, we all need to know what portions of it is NOT so based, and where these anomalies are, and if possible, what they seem to mean or where they indicate the ultimate causes really lie. It's VERY interesting once you get into it.

One other thing I've noticed is that most folks come to belief more or less by intuition, or that simple sense we seem to have to "feel" God's presence, even though we can't understand it. But give those same people some real and concrete and concretely demonstrable REASONS to believe, and their Faith grows exponentially. It quickly becomes a real and valid conviction rather than a mere sense or belief. Once we KNOW that there really ARE good and valid REASONS to believe, it simply solidifies all that we've previously sensed and felt. But in the end, it's always got to be simple Faith that carries us across the threshold into real belief. But science can take us, if we but investigate it sincerely, right up to the threshold of the door of belief. All we have to do is simply let it in. It's not something we can reach out and grab just because we want to, nor a simple willful self-delusion, but Faith HAS to be based on a very real, if not always explainable, EXPERIENCE. And knowledge is, in a way, experience. It's like a snowplow making a path to us for belief in a very snowy world, stacked deep with the snow of all sorts of rationales for dis-belief.

We're not separated by believers and dis-believers so much as we are by those who accept and those who turn away. We live in a world that is MUCH more complex and astonishing than the deniers will allow us to accept, but it's a very real world that's literally full of reasons to believe, if we're but simply open to seeing what's really there, and not toward denying everything we can. That's my take on it all, anyway. Hope you get and enjoy the book. It's one of those that pretty well has to change one's view of science and belief, and that's a powerful and significant thing for all of us, believers and non-believers alike. The only caution I'd give is you have to be open to what he'll give you. Folks who read it like it was a target to throw all sorts of questions at will obviously not get much out of it, but that's simply because they never wanted to to start with. The old "self fulfilling prophesy" coming into play. But it's too enjoyable and interesting not to give it an honest read. I believe that at the very least, you'll be glad you read it. Plus, it's pretty cheap as books go these days, too, which is always nice.

Perm-Banned
    i have to share one of the many i saw and partisapated in. about 12 years ago as a home health nurse on pine ridge reservation i was going to a very remote part of the rez to visit some patients. when i was going past wounded knee a strange thing happened. a tornado appeared off to the north west and it was big and strong and on the ground and coming down the wounded knee valley toward all of us. no body moved and we all were nervous and wondering what to do. it hailed hard also but fine soft hail so no car damage. well i kept looking at that funnel and finally when it was still coming i said this father, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ by the finger of your right hand get rid of that thing. the very split second i said that thing the funnel exploded like their was a mega bomb in it and it was instantly gone. seeing was believing. i saw it, prayed and God took care of it. also one more off many. i was working er when a cardiac arrest came in. i and a little female nurse got him out of his pickup and i still dont know how we got him on the gurney as he was 6 foot 6 and weighted about 325 or 350. a very big rich rancher. his wallet was so thick with money it must have hurt to sit on it. we started a code with the best dr. in the hosp. in charge. he got all done to him that needed to bring him back but it wasnt working. the dr. is very stubborn and hates to lose anyone. finally we knew we were all going to have to quit as we zapped him more than required to declare him dead. as the paddles were getting ready for the last time and their was no hope i said under by breath, satan, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ take your hand off of this man. the paddles when to his chest, bonk they went, and instantly he sat up and said in a loud voice, dont ever do that again, that really hurts. we all about fainted. he went upstairs and was released the next day. he was so big of a man another husky built male nurse had to stand at the end of the gurney and put one leg on each shoulder so the big patient could stay on the gurney. i know God took over and satan left, and the man lived. christians can take over with prayer in the Name of the Lord jesus Christ and it is real and it is true. if this keeps going in a positive way i will share more of these kind of things, ive seen many and experienced many. God is real, and he cares.

Boolit Master

I had an embolism that nearly put me under but by the grace of God and a lot of prayers we made it through the worst of it.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Moderator Emeritus

I know many will doubt you, Johnson, but I don't. I have no particular insight, but I've seen enough to kind'a at least, suspect that it's often how truly and deeply earnest and completely that we pray that may, at least at times, determine whether God grants us our prayers. That's a question, not a real answer, but it's one worthy of consideration, I think. God isn't limited to responding to only one thing on our parts, I'm sure, but this one seems to, over time, be something that I've noticed through many years of just trying to keep being observant, even if not always understanding what I see.

I've long noticed that there are times when we seem, for whatever reason or combination of reasons, really truly dig deep down inside ourselves when we render what may be a very simple prayer.

Once when I was pretty young, I think it was when I was in elementary school, Dad was having a hard time, and was very concerned and it was weighing heavily on him. We were at some sort of carnival or event, and there was a drawing for some door prizes. One of them was something (I forget what it even was now) that I knew Dad would like to get. I simply and silently prayed that God would let Dad win the thing, and just seconds later, they drew his name. It caught him very much by surprise since he'd said moments before, "Ah, I never win anything." And it did, in fact, brighten his attitude considerably, even though it wasn't a very big deal. I think he took it as a sign from God. And I think it was.

How God goes about electing who he'll do these things for I can't know, but I know we always have the right and opportunity to ask for His blessing and even a miracle. And I do know that miracles really do happen, too, and it's not just because I WANT to believe, it's because I've seen too much too many times to think or believe otherwise. We "moderns" have grown very callous, and don't really pay attention very well, in the hustle and bustle of our everyday "modern" lives, but if and when we do, it's not difficult at all to see many, many things that we've been missing for years, if not lifetimes.

Miracles are real. And the reasons they're not more common is because, I think, God very generally prefers to work within the rules He set up for us at the Creation. But he WILL do things in defiance thereof if and when we can find it in us to be truly devout when we ask, sincere to the marrow of our bones, and righteous in our reasons and motivations for asking. His power will never be limited to or by only what He's created here. That just seems to be obvious, though may WANT to deny it, and do. But it's FAR from irrational to believe in miracles once you've seen a genuine one. Things like the car starting without a battery really challenge and stretch our ability to comprehend things of this nature, but impossible? Not for God. He's proved his power too many times for too many people in too many ways. If He can raise people and himself from the dead, starting an engine without a battery would probably be child's play for Him, even if it DOES strain our little brains to try to accept such things. And there ARE "crazy people" who DO bandy about wild claims. But that doesn't mean real miracles don't occur. We know sleight of hand can produce "magic" for magicians, but real miracles have ZERO trickery in them. They're simply answers to our genuine, devout prayers. And we don't get everything we pray for. That would make God some "big Sugar Daddy in the Sky," and that's never been what He was or ever intended to be. He's our Father. He loves us, and wants us to prosper and be happy, and if we'd just take His advice, and do His will, we'd actually BE happy and prosperous. We just all too often take another path, and THAT is what almost always leads us to UNhappiness, whenever we go our own way instead of following what we know good and well we OUGHT to be the way we SHOULD go.

It's really pretty simple: Follow God and be happy, no matter what comes or goes, or follow our own will and likely as not, Satan's, and we wind up confused, frustrated in all our efforts, and UNhappy no matter what kind of material goods we might acquire. And examples of this are all around us. All we have to do is just pay attention. And if we really pay attention, we WILL, almost certainly, see many miracles - more than we'd ever imagine before seeing the number that happen. It's as though scales were literally lifted from our eyes, and we're ABLE to see things that before, we'd have missed entirely. Yet more evidence, I think, of the True Power of God. But I I don't think there's any direction we COULD look and not see miracles and proofs of God and Christ. It's really just a matter of whether we'll ALLOW ourselves to see it, or whether we lasso it, and rein it in lest we also come to belief. One has to, I think, be genuinely antagonistic toward belief to NOT come to the light. That's just what it looks like from here, with my perspective, anyway. I am so humbled by it all that .... well, it almost scares me sometimes, if I weren't so glad to be granted the simple ability and blessing of seeing these things. When one truly comes to understand, or at least have some concept of just how big and great and powerful and Holy God truly is, it's something one can NEVER forget. NEVER.

Banned
    Gentlemen I guess I am prayed out. At one time I had faith but have lost it watching my wife battle something that the Dr's don't seem to be able to give us a straight answer on. She woke up one morning with 1/2 her body numb. They did MRI'S to the tune of thousands of dollars out of pocket and we have no answers.

Perm-Banned
    let some one else do the praying. find some one or members here can do it.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast