Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Anyone use Eezox?

Boolit Master

Anyone use Eezox?

Any you guys use Eezox cleaner/rust preventative?
    Their add makes it sound like its the next best thing to sliced bread.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    I just recently started using it, but it hasn't been long enough to have formed an opinion yet. I started due to the results of a couple of informal tests done by members of other boards where Eezox far surpassed anything else in rust prevention.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    10-x: I'm on my 2nd quart of Eezox and feel that it is the best cleaner - lube - rust preventive that I have used ... and I've tried them all.

I'm a BPCR shooter and clean my rifles religiously. First time I used it, the first patch was black on what I believed was a clean bore

Plus, letting the product soak in the bore for 10 minutes or so ... any lead lifts right out with a tight patch

Here's a test that I am doing ... http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?...98738&hl=eezox
    As of today, there is still no rust on the steel wool ... Honest Indian!

And it is non-petroleum

Downside: Wear nitrile gloves when using it and watch the vapors. Here's the MSDS sheet on it ... http://www.eezox.info/msds.html
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

John Boy,
    Thanks for the info, especially the MSDS.
    Whats the best place to buy Eezox? $35.00 +$12.00 shipping a qt online seems high.......but you get what you pay for.(most of the time)
    Friend in our gun collectors club swears by it, says he has a piece of clean steel treated with it sitting outside(Florida) for a few months........no rust ./
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Man

I have used it

It works but I can't see the expence beeing worth it. J.Michael

Boolit Grand Master
    10x,
    Have used it. Love it. There seems to be two top shelf rust preventer types out there. Eezox and Corrosion-X. Of all the claims you will get here, you just have to try them yourself. Both superior products.

10X, I just ordered a quart of Eezox at Midsouth for $25.49. This is a special price during their Memorial Day sale, which lasts all weekend. I would imagine all on line customers got their e-mail ad.
    Morgan