Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillon Precision customer service

Dillon Precision customer service

Just want to say that I was absolutely impressed with these guys attitude and professionalism. I called to order some parts for my 550B and the customer service guy professionalism was beyond any of my expectations.
    I just couldn't believe the way I was treated and respected for my business. WOW, it looks like Dillon just got a customer for life.
    Dillon stands behind their products 100% and that speaks volumes. It gives me a feeling of relief knowing that any problem I have will be answered without hesitation and I won't be pushed around like I've been by other "big names"(I won't name them coz it's not worth it).

I just wanted to share this with you guys.

Boolit Master
    I feel the same way! Dillon has taken great care of me too. They have my business!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Banned

ive got a better story then most. I lost all my loading gear in a fire. 4 square deals and a 550. I called dillion jokingly and asked if they were covered under warrantee. the guy said let me get back to you in a hour or so. He called back about 5 minutes later and said they were sending me a brand new 550 for free. It even came with a strong mount and a couple spare tool heads. What other company you've ever delt with would do that!!!

I've always had exemplary customer service from them. Great company!
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

I recently had a very different experience after purchasing a 1050 with multiple tool heads, trimmers, and accessories. If it wasn't for the capabilities of the 1050, I would not do business with them.

Weber, please tell us more about your experience with the problems of the newly purchased 1050
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Weber, please tell us more about your experience with the problems of the newly purchased 1050
    I had a bad shell plate, Dillon did not want to believe the plate was out of spec and told me I didn't have the pins in. Each time I called for help it was like I was annoying them and no one wanted to help. I eventually got a new shell plate and everything is working fine, but with no help from Dillon.

I found online there were shell plate issues, dillon refuse to acknowledge that or to offer another solution.

Banned
    I had a bad shell plate on a conversion caliber change I had ordered and called Dillon. The service person didn't waste any time telling me he would be sending me out a new plate and bolt and asked if I would mind sending them back the bad pieces. I find it extremely hard to believe that Dillon didn't jump on the wagon and take care of the situation. Sometimes you can cause problems if your not capable of running a complex machine.

Boolit Master
    Weber, I do not want to discount what happened to you as anything more that what it sounds like it was, bad service.

My only comment to it would be the topic of their no-BS warranty which is not offered on the 1050. From what I've read, they don't offer the warranty on that model as it's considered a true manufacturing machine rather than a consumer machine. I wonder if that's why your experience is not up to what the rest of us have had?

I know I've brought this up on other threads but my dad has a 1989 RL550 and it sat from about 1994 to 2007 being unused. My wife and I wanted to do some reloading and so we cracked it out with Dad. Soon after starting some of the parts of the primer assembly snapped. We were able to clear it and keep working but wasn't as easy going. When my dad got around to calling Dillon they stuck by the No-BS and sent him not only the parts he needed but the entire assembly as they had upgraded that design over the years and these brought his machine to the current design. To me that's phenomenal customer service and I have had nothing less than that from them. After that experience, wife insisted I a Dillon but we opted for a 650 only because the 1050 didn't have the warranty and I like the idea of equipment that will outlast me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I have sent them a second hand press for service and they repaired it no questions asked.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Banned
    A little simple logic here......Dillon has too much to lose not to take care of their customers. If and I repeat if they didn't care for people with 1050's the word would soon spread and Dillon would lose a lot of business fast. One should not play down the power of these little forums we frequent when it comes to customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction. If Dillon is smart they would have employees frequenting these little forums looking for threads on customer satisfaction. The people I know of with 1050's have commented to me that Dillon has taken care of any problems that have come up. Dillon seems to be very conscious to customer satisfaction and customer feedback. It is possible that you may have gotten a service rep that was less than perfect. I would have asked to speak to a person in charge if a situation like this ever happened to me. I get favorable results most of the time.

Yeah the 1050 doesn't have the same warranty so shipping free parts out doesn't happen as easily, but it was on 2 weeks old. I really was just looking for help and solving/preventing the problem and they just seemed really annoyed that I wasn't accepting the answer of the pins not being installed.

The new plate fixed the problem and I have thousands of rounds through it now with no problems, but have a very bad opinion of Dillon's customer support. I will say in the past on other product issues they were good to work with.

Banned
    Being that your not happy I would fire off a letter to Dillon explaining both the problems and your customer service experience. I would have done this prior to commenting on a running thread. By doing this the information you would have received in an answer would have been extremely helpful to those here contemplating a 1050 purchase. There is a lot of power in communication that can be used to recitify faulty situations. Nothing goes unread and believe me there is always an action as a result of a bad experience letter.

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    A little simple logic here......Dillon has too much to lose not to take care of their customers. If and I repeat if they didn't care for people with 1050's the word would soon spread and Dillon would lose a lot of business fast. One should not play down the power of these little forums we frequent when it comes to customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction. If Dillon is smart they would have employees frequenting these little forums looking for threads on customer satisfaction. The people I know of with 1050's have commented to me that Dillon has taken care of any problems that have come up. Dillon seems to be very conscious to customer satisfaction and customer feedback. It is possible that you may have gotten a service rep that was less than perfect. I would have asked to speak to a person in charge if a situation like this ever happened to me. I get favorable results most of the time.
    I did, the manager was worse then the second rep. The second guy at least listened to me and offered some help but could not offer a real solution. The first time I called I was badically told I was a liar because the "only" thing that could cause my issue was not having the pins installed, which they were.

Plain and simple the shell plate was out of specs, and was not securing the brass properly. A new one solved the issue.

Being that your not happy I would fire off a letter to Dillon explaining both the problems and your customer service experience. I would have done this prior to commenting on a running thread. By doing this the information you would have received in an answer would have been extremely helpful to those here contemplating a 1050 purchase. There is a lot of power in communication that can be used to recitify faulty situations. Nothing goes unread and believe me there is always an action as a result of a bad experience letter.
    Have you ever sent Dillon an email? They take a month to respond.

They ask for you to call for quicker service. I recieved the managers direct email, sent him pictures showing the failures with no response.

The point of my post (not thread) is not to bash Dillon, as their products are great. But to point out that my experience was different than that of the op.

Banned
    I don't think its too late to fire off a letter. I believe Dillon logs their service calls most companies do in this age. Let them know that your upset in the way you were treated and you vow never to purchase another product from them and you feel the 1050 purchase was a mistake. List your name, address, and phone number. You will hear from them.

Banned
    I think you have a duty to yourself and possibly others not to let this go unchallenged or unchecked.

I don't think its too late to fire off a letter. I believe Dillon logs their service calls most companies do in this age. Let them know that your upset in the way you were treated and you vow never to purchase another product from them and you feel the 1050 purchase was a mistake. List your name, address, and phone number. You will hear from them.
    I don't feel that way, I'm unhappy with the customer service I recieved but I will still buy their products because they have that market locked down. The 1050 is a piece of art, I just had a bit of bad luck with a shell plate.

I hope to buy another 1050 in a year or so. Even when I recieved the bad service I ordered another $500-$800 worth of products, because I needed them.

Boolit Master
    I bought my 550B in about 04. Always seemed to have issues with the shell plate for 308/45 acp. Primers would be difficult on one slot then good on another. I assumed it was a primer pocket or primer issue. I finally realized about 2 years ago that the shell plate wasn't spacing right. Gave them a call and they wanted me to return the old one and they sent me a brand new one. Solve the primer problem that I always thought was me. No telling how many rounds I have loaded on the 550b, and so far, that is the only issue I have ever had.

Boolit Grand Master
    Note: the case feeder motors are not covered. Well....at least mine was not.

I am am still a Dillon fan. The only one I did not like was their shot shell loader. I have owned 7 of their machines. Down to two now.