RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data

Thread: Best way to sell an air rifle

Boolit Master

Best way to sell an air rifle

So I have a Gamo bone collector that I am trying to sell but the only places I know to sell it in the local area won't let me. I tried to post an add on Craigslist but apparently it's considered a weapon so that's a banned item, oops. So I tried to sell it on eBay for local pickup and eBay tells me that only specialty sellers can sell air rifles. Whiskey tango foxtrot where can I go to sell this thing!?!? I mean it's a good air rifle but I would really like to have a similar one in .22 but I don't need both. Also I don't want to lose my butt off on shipping cuz I know that won't be cheap. Any ideas other than a $50 add in the local paper.

Boolit Master
    Try Armslist.com

Boolit Master
    Most of those guns won't bring much used, I went to trade something similar for a nice gun and the shop didn't want my gun even for free!

Moderator Emeritus

UPS Shipping will probably only be about $30.

I really hate craigslist for selling, but it's OK for buying.

One thing to check out in your area is facebook. While they are anti-gun and you may get flagged. There are closed "garage sale" groups on FB. I sell all kinds of junk locally through that venue. I see people offering guns and ammo in those 'closed groups' all the time and it's never flagged/pulled.

If fact, I just sold a cement water fountain on FB, the buyer is coming over tonight to haul it away.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    I've sold air pistols on eBay within the last few months no problem if that means anything. Just be careful with bidders from unfree states like NJ/IL possibly MI.

Vendor Sponsor

Try the GTA forum. They have a good member classified section there.

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned
    Gamo airguns are a very hard one to sell.Ive picked them up at pawn shops for $75 and can't get $50 when I'm done.

Boolit Buddy
    There's also www.backpage.com which is classifieds among other things, you'll find your city and you can place an add for free, you can't bump it when it gets old you just delete it and place a new one, when the item sells don't forget to delete the add, some people will put their phone number on there but remember this is like writing your number in a public wall and you don't know who will be calling, I use their method of secure e-mail contact.
    Make sure you meet at a public location prefebly with parking lot cameras and be careful, there are people out there that will try to rip you off.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

http://texasguntrader.com/
    See if Washington has a website like this.

Boolit Master

Thanks for all the advice guys, this forum is the best. I used armslist and have a buyer 2 days after posting.