RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: What is the last gun you bought?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Two Stevens' and a dirty, rusty, fine shootin' Remington Model 30. All three are 1930/32 production barn guns.

Attachment 288524

Attachment 288525
    That remington looks a lot like one I am working on that was my great grandpa's. Sat in my Grandpa's garage for as long as I can remember. Broken extractor. I think mine is circa 1939

Banned
    Iksmith, it could be, this one is dirty and a bit rusty, but the bore is excellent. My one trip to the range showed it is capable of some fine shooting, far more accurate than I can see the sights.

Ken

I picked this up yesterday at a sportsman's swap meet, 1984 vintage Ruger M-77 in .308 Winchester. I love the irons and don't plan on scoping it, (at least for now, and if I do, I'll scope it with a set of Alaska Arms Q.D. rings and a Burris 4-12X Mini.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E8FYdKEl.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	288568

Name:	sciTtjCl.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	288565

Name:	6zql5Okl.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	288566

Name:	gP87DPVl.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	288567
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zGqcayol.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Those old Rugers are nice. I have a 300WM (sans sights unfortunately), which will plonk the first three shot of anything I feed it into a group where the three rounds are touching.
    It was a rifle I didn't want, but took to clear a debt. It sat in the safe for several years before someone gave me ammo for it. I fitted a spare scope and took it to the range. It performs so well, I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

They are a classic in their own right, what Winchester should have done with the M-70. To borrow a phrase from, Down Under, a walkabout rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I couldn't resist another 4 lb. .410 folder.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Great choice ! They are still one of the real bargains still out there. If I had a Academy store near me I would buy a few more myself.

Jedman

Attachment 289227I check online every couple of days to see if their is any new used guns listed for a local gun store that I seem to buy a lot of guns from. Last night I see they had a Remington no. 4 rolling block in 22 cal. listed for $ 150 so as soon as they opened today I called and was a little surprised they still had it as usually when I see a good deal online someone beats me to it.
    So I told them to hold it I would be there soon and was surprised it was in “ good shape “ for what they called fair condition. There is a small crack in the tip of the forend but no missing wood and the bore looks real dirty but I do see rifling . The action seems fine and the screw heads are all nice un buggered condition so I had to buy it ?
    I now have about 8 boys rifles , all in 22 RF that I have picked up in just the past couple years as I can’t turn down an old 22 at a good price !

Jedman
    Last edited by Jedman; 09-25-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    When I was in my late teens, I bought a used Remington 513T, at a local gunshop. It came with target sights (Redfield rear) and the part that attracted me was the receiver was grooved for rimfire rings. I paid about 35 dollars for the rifle and took it home, removed the sights and put a 1 inch scope on it. That rifle killed many a gopher and more than a few cottontails. It traveled with me and was in my regular rotation of shooters until I was convinced by a friend to sell it to him for his son to use in shooting matches. I took the scope off and reinstalled the target sights and asked that I have right of first refusal when he decided to sell. 30 or so year go by and I get a text from my friend (we now live 800 miles apart) Times are tough and life has gotten hard and he needs to sell some guns (cheap). I texted back that I would be interested in (our) the 513T, if he still had it and how cheap is cheap? We agreed on a price and I sent him a check. A week ago I went to a wedding in the Black Hills of S.D. and then traveled into N.Central S.D. to pick up my rifle. I lived in the town years ago and so did he. We both moved but he moved back a few years ago and I travel there regularly to fish. I am reunited with my old rifle and it is still in good shape. The four Rem. marked clips and the Redfield rear sight are worth about what he wanted for the rifle. I gave him a little more than he asked because he is a friend and I could afford it. Now to put a scope back on it and see if it shoot as well as I remember.

I got this for future pheasant hunts. Yildiz folding 12 gauge. About four pounds of lightning there; keeping a slip on pad handy!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

We call them poacher's guns here as they were designed to fold up and be hidden under a coat.
    Sometimes called bicycle guns as poachers would pop a pheasant or other small game, tuck kill and gun under their coat and make a speedy but silent exit.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Man
    Freedom Arms Model 83 Premier Grade .454 Casull with 7 1/2” Magnaported barrel with a Leupold 2x scope mounted

Quote Originally Posted by pacecars View Post
    Freedom Arms Model 83 Premier Grade .454 Casull with 7 1/2” Magnaported barrel with a Leupold 2x scope mounted
    Love the caliber

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
    E Svizzeri sono armatissimi e liberissimi.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCY...7s-n6LwwJNbPGg

A mossberg 190 in 16ga popped up for 50$ I'm a sucker for cheap guns.

Smith and Wesson 686 4" Bbl.
    I have been using a 586 6" Bbl since the mid 80s, represented the Department with it, but always hankered for a blued 4". The importers rarely import blued handguns into Australia and a few blued 4" versions were available recently (first time I have seen this since the mid 80s), but they were serious dollars.
    My mate is lusting after another handgun and is selling a few to buy it. The gun has the "Hilary" lock and has fired two boxes of factory 357 ammo, so is like new at about half new price.
    When I figure out how to post a photo, I'll put one up.

Boolit Buddy
    A really nice model 54 winchester made in 1926 in 30/06.

Nice, curdog! Does it say “30 Govt 06” on the barrel?

Maverick 88 all purpose 12 gauge for my adult son as he has buddies that duck and grouse hunt so now he can join in.

Chris

Boolit Buddy
    Texas By God yes it does say 30 Govt 06 on the barrel and it shoots 180 gr boolits with 2400 powder great.......................Curdog

Speaking for myself only, I much prefer the Winchester M 54 to the M 70! Heresy you say? I stopped being a fan of the M 70 when they stopped milling clip guides in the receiver. I can live without a floor plate to dump my live cartridges at the end of the day, but I like a clip guide to feed it! I just might need a quick reload sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    Attachment 289227I check online every couple of days to see if their is any new used guns listed for a local gun store that I seem to buy a lot of guns from. Last night I see they had a Remington no. 4 rolling block in 22 cal. listed for $ 150 so as soon as they opened today I called and was a little surprised they still had it as usually when I see a good deal online someone beats me to it.
    So I told them to hold it I would be there soon and was surprised it was in “ good shape “ for what they called fair condition. There is a small crack in the tip of the forend but no missing wood and the bore looks real dirty but I do see rifling . The action seems fine and the screw heads are all nice un buggered condition so I had to buy it ?
    I now have about 8 boys rifles , all in 22 RF that I have picked up in just the past couple years as I can’t turn down an old 22 at a good price !

Jedman
    Nice find.
    Avatar - 2006, my oldest son (6'2"), trying to lift the 95lb Cobia he caught at Cape Hatteras, NC from the beach.

Page 115 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1565105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast