RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Dating a Hepburn

Boolit Buddy

Dating a Hepburn

Every now and again I rummage thru the closet, shuffling the junk around to see what project I want to tackle next. My Remington Hepburn has been neglected for many years while I tinker with my milsurps, but someday soon I may get around to some load developement.... in the next year or five, depending on mood. In the meantime it is good for a fond carress now and again.
    I have always wondered when this rifle was made but have never seen any serial number data for the model. This one is a 26" barrel plain-Jane sporter model marked "E Remington and Sons, Ilion, NY", and was originally in 32-30 Remington, serial number in the low 6000 range. When I got it 30 years ago the bore was a sewer pipe so I had Richard Hoch rebore it to 38-55 and cut a matching bullet mold. As I recall it shot quite well, but I never had the time or patience to really tweek the load for best results, and yes, I do get a few guilt twinges for letting such a gem sit idle for so long...
    But back to the original question, how can I approximate the manufacture date?
    Thanks for any tips!

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    Oldeyes:

There is a Remington Collectors Group - the Remington Society of America - at <www.remingtonsociety.com/>; they should be able to help date your "Hotbox".

Floodgate
    NOV SHMOZ KA POP?

Boolit Master
    Okay, my first thought was a tell all about Kate or Audrey.

Neither one could be called a plain jane.

Never mind.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Buddy
    Yeh, I knew I was laying myself wide open to the "flowers and chocolates" response, been there/done that myself
    I prefer Kate....

Yo Floodgate, Thanks for the tip on the Remington Society, I'll give it a try!