MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Complaints, complaints, complaints

Boolit Master

Complaints, complaints, complaints

I follow this site and other on a regular basis. in the past year or so. I have heard more complaints about loading equipment new and used than ever before. I have been loading going on 50 years . never once did I buy stuff that did not work . not that I liked it . but it all worked. . Even used stuff. . I do a lot of Gun shows. and there is a lot of used stuff. . If it's used it's used.
    I,v heard people had things for a year and wanted the dealer to take it back. Is is most people don't want to spend any money or are most buyers today just stupid.
    . used items are that way because someone else . screwed it up or you screwed It up after You bought it . or should I say "Bubbasized"
    All brass can't be once fired.
    all Primer can't be Ng
    There has to be some tolerance with things.
    the same complaint time after time. and the same remedy. " give some money back and the problem is solved."
    This hobby is in a sorry state of affair. As one dealer said to me @ a Penn gun show. never sell a Rifle Right before hunting season. . You get the return after opening day.
    well that's it
    Complaints
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

I haven't had any problems with my equipment. Maybe its just the user.

Frosted Boolits

My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Pass that popcorn over here.

Boolit Master
    Have Butter on that Popcorn
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

I agree to an extent.
    It seems that most consumers these days expect easy peasy results without properly and adequately informing themselves first.
    It can be said of everything reloading. Ask the question for the quick answer before taking the time to dig into the resources literally at your fingertips.

Now, having said that, I personally have zero complaints with any of my reloading equipment as I am still very satisfied knowing that I can take some scrap lead, some discarded brass, powder and a primer and manage to concoct some cartridge that will actually shoot pretty damn well in my guns!
    I can always use my **** dies for another unintended purpose.

Boolit Grand Master

Everything, even tasks like reloading, takes effort. Effort to learn to use the equipment and effort to learn why a particular tool is used. Many folks today do not extend any effort on research, or logic. If they don't get the results they think they should, instantly, the tools/equipment is junk. Actual troubleshooting is unheard of and most of the time instant answers are expected, and need/want to be lead by the hand to a solution for their problems...

jes an old machinist/mechanic's opinion...
    Last edited by mdi; 04-07-2016 at 12:03 PM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Banned

nope everything is built to fit everything else perfectly.
    somebody flat thought out the best boolit the best powder the best gun and everybody else made their stuff to work with it.
    out of purple sorry.

Boolit Master
    I dont see it all as arguments... I see it all as difference of opinion. As far as tooling goes, I dont buy junk.

Boolit Grand Master

I have had a few die sets that just would not work. A 45 ACP and a 30 Carbine that would not size the case enough to hold a bullet. A 22 Hornet sizer that you could not screw the expander up far enough for it to clear the case webb. That company is not in business anymore. I replaced these with RCBS and never looked back. For the most part, the reloading equipment that I have bought has worked as advertised. Some folks just don't need to be reloading!

Boolit Buddy

I like the term "Entitlement reloader "
    Noli Me Tangere

This sounds like an opening statement made by an attorney, 'generalizations and hearsay'…now you need to get 'specific' and prove something or another.
    Like I used to tell my journeymen who couldn't do this or that as instructed…"Don't give me a bunch of excuses, give me a 'reason' for this or that. Let's get specific or we'll get nowhere fast!"

OS OK
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Some people can't make a bread and butter sandwich without messing it up .... And then there's those who's complain that you put them out wrong if they was on fire ....the more I interact with people the more I like my dog ...
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    Some people can't make a bread and butter sandwich without messing it up .... And then there's those who's complain that you put them out wrong if they was on fire ....the more I interact with people the more I like my dog ...
    Hey fryboy…My dog says Hi to yours…he likes him too! Long time 'no seeya'…charlie
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

I need another cuppa coffee and more popcorn.

You can satisfy some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

Boolit Master

I've had great luck with used reloading gear, had some new things that were broken, incomplete, wrong out of the box from the manufacturer. It has seemed to me in the last few years the quality control and over all quality of raw material has decreased in just about everything with some notable exceptions. Tools, guns, vehicals, lumber, seems it's getting worse instead of better. I'd never expected someone to fix for free what I broke or misused or bought used and bubbad but I also hate buying new with anything and having it be ****. But I do think alot of the trouble is with bad raw materials, recycled Chinese steel, lumber that would have never left a mill a few years ago let alone go to a job site is all you can find. Lee, Remington and Taurus all seem to be having QC problems, as the gun boards are full, absolutely full of complaints the last 2 or 3 years, couple that with bad materials and your going to have problems.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    I have been loading going on 50 years . never once did I buy stuff that did not work . not that I liked it . but it all worked. . Even used stuff. . I do a lot of Gun shows. and there is a lot of used stuff. . If it's used it's used.
    I've been reloading for 35+ years and your luck has been better than mine. I have had a few problems. The worst was a .416 spud in a .375 neck expander die. "Worst" being defined as a few minutes at the lathe and I had a spud the way I wanted it.

Some people just have better luck. To the best of my knowledge my father has never gotten a flat tire. I've lost track of how many I've had.

Then again, I have learned what to expect from things Green, Blue, Orange and Red. You pay your money, take your chances and give a little TLC when needed.
    A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that. - Shane

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
    Sir Winston Churchill

The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.
    Herbert Agar

434-1

Boolit Grand Master

Old friend of mine used to diagnose the complainers as having a bad case of "Operator Head Space", or " Ventilated Cranium".
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Fry you nailed it.

If there no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they go.
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers