RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox Wideners
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: GOD , please let me be just half the man I once was .

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I walked a good way . After about 2 hours I hit a logging 'road' . My pick up was about a quarter mile back east . LOL , put my gun behind the seat and went home . Only been lost 2 times .

Moderator Emeritus

Take some nice lettuce leaves(romaine works well for this), put a few slices of turkey on, some sliced or chopped tomatoes, onions, carrots etc(whatever you like on a turkey sandwich), drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil(will help weight loss!) vinaigrette. Roll up like you would a tortilla wrap and munch!

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Yea I'm motivated to get to the 'twenties' . Yesterday had about 2 cups of cherry tomatoes and a bout half pound of baked lean turkey breast . I'm good !
    At this very second I'm making fresh green beans southern style with onion and smoked turkey breast . NO BACON ! Trying out the turkey and bet it will work to stay lo cal . I need reminding on the water , I don't drink enough .

LOL , hit the jackpot at the supermarket bargain bin yesterday . Bought about 15 lb of fileted turkey breast for $1.19 a pound .....good deal !

Thanks MaryB , that sounds Good !

This thread is kind of taking a lot of Chapel time up right now . I'll take a break but be back to report when I hit the 'twenty's' . Keep me in your prayers . Thank you

Okay pork butt, I will leave you with this, WATER, WATER WATER. God bless you and keep you strong and focused.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Pine Baron, what with his success so far in reducing his wt., we may have to start calling him something besides "pork butt." Maybe he's now more like Yosemite Sam or Taz???? But he's too mild mannered and thoughtful for those two. And he's certainly more intelligent and thoughtful than Daffy. We need to get him a new moniker, and I can't settle on one that fits. He's still too big to qualify quite for Tweety, but he's about that smart. Can't think of just the right character. He seems to be one of a kind. Y'all chip in and let's get a moniker that seems "right" for him. I doubt we'll ever find one in the realm of cartoons. Maybe the cowboys? Like "Shane" or "Hondo?" Y'all help me here. Surely there's got to be one that gives him credit for what he's doing, and still keeps him humble enough to keep him sticking to it.

BW, check out post #87. Who am I to argue with Prairie girl?
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

OK. I concede. Point well taken. Pork butt it is!

Thank you ! I am a pork butt ! But not for too long , enjoy it while you can !

Moderator Emeritus

Keep going for it! You're doing great! And you're a real inspiration to us who are "diet challenged." I'm having some wierd meter readings that don't make sense, and lots of others here are "eating challenged" too, I'm sure. Keep waving the flag as high as you can.

Keep at it sir! Praying for continued progress.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

Thank you , workin on it !

Weight today 7-2-16

(Yep, made it to the 'twentys')

Pork butt,
    Good on you! Keep it up. Water, water, and oh yeah, WATER.

Boolit Master

I thought I knew everything when I was in my "20's"
    Being human is not for sissies.

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    I thought I knew everything when I was in my "20's"
    We all did !

Yup, seems the older I get, the less I "know". Ah, to see the world through a child's eye.

Banned

The is an impressive decline in weight. Praying you reach your goal and continue eating enough to maintain it. That is the key, a permanent lifestlye/eating change, not a temporary diet. Praying you live out your full days in good health.

Moderator Emeritus

How are you doing today, Boaz?

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    The is an impressive decline in weight. Praying you reach your goal and continue eating enough to maintain it. That is the key, a permanent lifestlye/eating change, not a temporary diet. Praying you live out your full days in good health.
    Excellent point jmort ! How many have you known (or yourself) to successfully achieve a substantial loss due to diet or surgery that gained it all back or more in a short time . Heck I'll just go on and answer that for ya , most all of them !

Changes have to be made , moderation must be learned . If you don't have that in mind to start don't even try , your setting yourself up for self defeat on top of the the existing problem . It's a new way to live by a new way of thinking . I haven't had any problems at all with craving food , the reverse is a problem . I try to push not eating to the max and get into the shed incident factor (you will have to read back on thread to figure out 'shed incident' , lol) .

I have lain this in GOD's hands , I'm sitting in the backseat enjoying the ride , he is at the wheel . To him goes the glory , not me . He will help you , he does love and care about you . Pray often , be honest , lay it down and he will pick it up and shoulder your load . What is happening in my life is only the effect of of his grace and love .