Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Good deal on firearm cleaner

Boolit Buddy

Good deal on firearm cleaner

Just thought I’d pass along a good deal on firearm cleaner. I use a lot of aerosol firearm cleaner / bore cleaner & really like Remington Shotgun Cleaner, which is 100% Heptane. But at $9.99/18 oz can (Midway price), it’s expensive. So I tend to purchase case (12 can) qtys of brake cleaner when it’s on sale at a local auto parts store. Right now AutoZone has a very good deal on Gunk brand brake cleaner - $3.00/can – your choice of 14 oz of non-chlorinated brake cleaner (M715) or 19 oz of chlorinated (not available in California) brake cleaner (M720).

Wayne
    NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks.

Boolit Buddy

Non chlorinated brake cleaner is flammable. We use it and a bic lighter to kill flying stinging things at the shop in the summer.
    Chlorinated is "hazardous waste". If it get's in our waste oil the disposal price goes way up. But, it works better and dries faster.
    We go through a few cases a week of the - green - non chlorinated stuff here at the shop.
    It always amused me that something in a spray can that can eat grease off car parts, dissolve synthetic motor oil then dry with out a trace could be called "environmentally friendly" because it's non-chlorinated

Craig
    Live Free or Die Death is not the worst of all evils

Boolit Master
    I buy my Brake Parts Cleaner from Wally World - $2.44 for the 14.5 oz can. IIRC it is non-chlorinated, but won't get up to go check on that.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member