Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tips I learned for keeping USPS shipping costs down since rate increase

That $15 surcharge on over 30" has already caught me by surprise. The box makers need to make more boxes that will hold 29.5" items.
    "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." Understand?

Also watch for the $4 surcharge over 22” .

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Underclocked View Post
    That $15 surcharge on over 30" has already caught me by surprise. The box makers need to make more boxes that will hold 29.5" items.
    Doesn't take much work to cut it down....

Boolit Buddy
    You can still send first class up to a pound through eBay, not sure if you can via pirateship. One catch is that 12.1-15.9 oz goes for about the same as 1lb priority for the buyers. I still pay a lower rate to ship, but it doesn't seem to make any sense for the buyer.

In any case, I have been using parcel select ground for a lot of shipments 5lbs and under that I would have normally done priority mail with. I live in NC and a 3lb normal box costs the buyer around $20 or more if it has to go across the country. Parcel select ground would be closer to $10-13. I've also found that more times than not they get there in about the same time frame.

It's also been annoying with customers who basically want free shipping no matter what the item is. Someone makes money on the shipping, but it ain't me!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom22 View Post

It's also been annoying with customers who basically want free shipping no matter what the item is. Someone makes money on the shipping, but it ain't me!
    Exactly, selling anything , buyers need to realize thats rates have skyrocketed in the past 2 years. A flat-rate box starts a $10 now, not $5.95 anymore. And There are lots of other options, parcel post is a great find and I too have noticed the shipping times are close. Also look for the regional flat rate priority rates,it all depends on which side ofthe Mississippi river its sent to and weight is limited. My local post office was shockedwhen I dopped them off and most were under $8.
    Pete

Boolit Buddy
    Regional rate boxes are their best kept secret. They are great for small weighty items. I think box A is limited to 15lbs and box B is 25lbs or something. They ship at the 2lb rate and 5lb rate respectively to anywhere.

I had to ship a king pin lock that weighed just under 15 pounds and it fit in box A. Only was about 8 bucks as well. Regular priority or flat rate would have been much higher.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom22 View Post
    Regional rate boxes are their best kept secret.
    You don't have to worry about keeping it a secret.. its history as of 1/22/23

Effective January 22, 2023, Regional Rate Box pricing has been discontinued. Remaining Regional Rate Boxes can still be used for shipping, but they will be treated as weight and rate packages. Customers who currently use these boxes are encouraged to place orders before supplies are depleted.

Boolit Master

Still using the boxes they sent me 2 weeks before they did away with 'em. Just inputting the size and weight on Pirate ship, still way cheaper than the PO.

Just found this thread. I would have saved$11.00 on a 32 pound box I shipped to MO. using Pirateship. Thankyou phantom22.

UPS and FedEx are now the the cheaper method to ship these type of boxes. Always buy postage online. I use https://www.pirateship.com/ you will get discounted rates compared to buying postage in the store or post office.

Hope this helps everyone save a little money.[/QUOTE]
    M. Stenback

One can fit 2x the brass in these envelopes than a SFRB for near same price.

Have to order them as I’ve never seen them at the post office.

https://store.usps.com/store/product...elope-P_EP14PE

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Brassmonkey View Post
    One can fit 2x the brass in these envelopes than a SFRB for near same price.

Have to order them as I’ve never seen them at the post office.

https://store.usps.com/store/product...elope-P_EP14PE
    I use those for parts I'm sending in a flat rate envelope, put the parts inside and fold it over in half and it fits perfectly inside a flat rate envelope. Also, when you have parts that need a little extra protection use the SFRB and put it inside the flat rate envelope, it ships for about a buck less and it has extra protection.

Boolit Buddy
    I use Pirateship for all my shipping. You can ship USPS, Fedex or UPS at crazy cheap rates.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by fa38 View Post
    Just found this thread. I would have saved$11.00 on a 32 pound box I shipped to MO. using Pirateship. Thankyou phantom22.

UPS and FedEx are now the the cheaper method to ship these type of boxes. Always buy postage online. I use https://www.pirateship.com/ you will get discounted rates compared to buying postage in the store or post office.

Hope this helps everyone save a little money.
    [/QUOTE]

Pirateship is all that I use now.

Boolit Master

It's absolutely crazy that the PO will license someone to ship cheaper than the PO ! That's a GSE for you !!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234