Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Buchanan Precision Machine Hand Press

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    That looks to have turn out quite well Randy - Congratulations on another project that's absolutely fabulous. Keep us posted!

And I have a HDS press and have never hurt my fingers with it. Nor any other part of my
    body but I don't reload nude.
    ,,,and Art thanks for providing the good pics of the HDS tool and glad you are not loading in the buff.

Lightload: It weighs 3lbs 6 oz. It is 10" long by 4 3/8" wide by @1 5/8"thick.

Rikki: I should have a final product and something to sell in the next two months. Just a matter of lining up the machine work, hardware, packaging, and assembly. I have no other work in the shop right now so I will be hitting this hard.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-13-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Bub
    That looks really nice.

I don't even know what this device is and I want one. Sorry, I am a complete newb to reloading.
    NRA Benefactor

Looks Good Randy. I am desperately looking for a reason to order one but I dont do any loading remote from my load bench so will just have to watch from afar.
    Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Very nicely done. I hope you do well with it.

Don't ignore the "options" you can sell with the press. The first being the Junk Protector when using it in thigh mode.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Master
    Looks like he sold several even though they aren't for sale yet. I will say it is a very nice looking loader. The only issue I could see with it is it will take a bunch of free space left and right of the press when is bolted to a bench. Looks like it has plenty of leverage with those long handles. Maybe I should get one for the wife. It might do her some good to run one of those for a while.

Flash: the "Junk Protector" is a Great Idea and I will be working on it today!!!! It appears that it may be a much needed addition.

rbuck: with the primer catcher installed the handles don't open up nearly as much so it shouldn't be a big problem. With the handles all the way open it measures 22 1/2" wide.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Grand Master
    Here's a picture of the Huntington I got from the house I helped clean out.
    Haven't had a need to use it yet.
    I think Buchanan's looks much better made.
    Attachment 163599

Banned
    The picture says it all. I doubt any patent will be granted based on the design. Looks like a nice machine but its not for me because of shoulder problems. I do appreciate the single hand/arm operation of a standard press. I don't see what is to be gained by the design for me. I like having one hand and arm free for picking up another case or removing one from a press.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    Randy, Looks very good, great product to fill a void. A void that some will have and others were never have or find.

Your bug out bag reloader should create a void all in its self, congratulations on walking the road seldom taken!!!

Ken
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Thanks Ken. The idea here was to fill the void, and do it better at the same time.

Just reproducing the HDS tool wouldn't have accomplished anything other than being a knock off of an obsolete design. And I hate people who knock off my products so I had to start a fresh.

It is pointless to try to compete with Lee as their tool designers and production people are really second to none, and I admire them greatly.

So the idea becomes finding a new market that Lee can't touch, and filling the void left by the previous tools demise at the same time.

I don't see getting rich off this tool. But if I can make a few bucks and provide a quality tool that people like, I will have succeeded.

I will also have left something behind after I'm gone,,, as these tools will last literally for as long as people can reload ammunition.

As long as there are firearms as we know them today there will be a need for ammunition.

If there's a need for ammunition there will be a need to reload that ammunition.

If the powder and primer companies get ran out of business, people will make Black Powder and Priming Compound or some iteration of those components at home.

People like us will never hurt for Boolits to send down range,,, as we make our own!

I always get a kick out of people who put down "Obsolete Cartridges and Guns." I know of no cartridge ever devised that I would be willing to be shot at with.

Further back people graduated from Bows and Arrows to Muzzle Loaders because they were superior. Then Self Contained Cartridges came along and made Muzzle Loaders "obsolete."

But Muzzle Loaders and Archery are more popular now than they ever were in the past,,,

so I ask what does the term "Obsolete" actually mean today?

I used to mean "No Longer Used." now I think it just means "Vintage!"

Getting the Laser Engraving set up today. Will post pics of final product in the next few days.

Randy

Boolit Grand Master

Hey, Randy - Obsolescent = no longer the best and newest

Obsolete = No longer needed or accomplishes what is needed

By my definitions muzzle loaders and bow and arrow and, argurably, me, are all obsolescent, but not obsolete!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    I like this! And I have a Huntington press that I seldom use but for at the range. I'll probably buy one of yours just because it looks great and well made.

You might think about a way to attach a base to it so that it will stand on its own. I have my Huntington mounted on a small block of wood for that purpose.

Boolit Buddy
    I never got my hands on a Huntington press back when I had the chance. I'd be real interested in one of these when they become available.

One of the problems with the HDS press was the fact that the guide rods protruded from the bottom of the tool and as such required a special adapter plate to clamp the tool to a flat surface.

I saw this from the beginning and designed my tool differently to get around this problem from the get go. It was obvious to me that the tool needed to be able to free stand so that you could operate it more easily. Other wise you essentially had a Lee Hand press with two handles instead of one, and that second handle was worth a bunch of $.

NO mods or additions necessary.

Just got my numbers back from the Machine Shop and it's a go.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-16-2016 at 02:28 PM.

So have you worked up a retail price?
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Randy, I always wanted a HDS but didn't have the money at the time. I am interested in your press and awaiting the price and opportunity to order one. Can you reserve the number 63 for me, that's the number of my old carrier I was on in the Navy(CVA 63). james

May Liberty Increase!
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    Randy, I always wanted a HDS but didn't have the money at the time. I am interested in your press and awaiting the price and opportunity to order one. Can you reserve the number 63 for me, that's the number of my old carrier I was on in the Navy(CVA 63). james
    You could always go the other route and ask for Serial Nos. 3 and 6! Might get it quicker that way.

Randy, I just want the first one I can get.
    WANTED: CH AutoChamp Mark IV, V, or Va - PM me if you've got one you'd like to part with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mica_Hiebert View Post
    Like a thigh master?... what if you got ur junk caught up in that contraption!?!
    "All that depends on which die as to what your junk would look like…part of the process is that you get black and blue 'ball ammo'
    Just add a piece of 'chainmail' to your full face protector and you will have a 'junk-guard'...

I'm sorry Buc, that's a very nice piece of work there and I know it has been an obsession for you to complete…it's just that my twisted mind gets away from me from time to time!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Randy, pending price, I am very interested and will probably want in on one, preferably an early serial number! If you could PM me once you have a set price quote, I would appreciate it!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast