Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Buchanan Precision Machine Hand Press

Quote Originally Posted by CHeatermk3 View Post
    "...Like a thigh master?... what if you got ur junk caught up in that contraption!?!"

...Can't print my first response as this is a family-oriented site...Just hafta pay attention to what we're doin'??

Gotta go squeegee the remains of my beverage offa my screen...
    I think if you are loading in the buff you kind of deserve it.

Boolit Buddy

Yikes!! Talk about a **** buster.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    I think if you are loading in the buff you kind of deserve it.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    It looks like a military ruggedized version of the original Harold Decker that Huntington copied.

I trust this has a large enough window to handle .30-'06s!

VERY interested...
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

The idea is good, but it is not new. The retired lawyer in me, tells me that anybody marketing such a thing should make certain there is no current patent or patent license on that gizmo. The notion may have entered into Public Domain by now, but I would sure as hell check.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Outpost: it has a 3.75 opening and will easily size .30-06 cases. Did 50 of them last Saturday.

Charles: the original was designed in the 60's and Huntington stopped selling their version a few years ago when they ran out of parts. I doubt there is any Intellectual Property protection on it any more. As of now there is nothing patentable about the current version. everything it does has been done before and there is nothing new about this one other than the method of construction and production of parts.

I'll probably approach Huntingtons as potential sellers of this product soon anyway.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Well done, I like it and will show the pics to some friends who have been trying to talk me outta my Huntington. Good luck with your project,there is market for a QUALITY portable press.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master
    Good job, Randy. I have often praised the old HDS hand press and lamented its passing. It looks like you have stepped in to take over perfectly where they left off... GOOD ON YA!! For anyone not familiar with these and thinking the Lee hand tool is the "bees knees" you owe it to yourself to try this higher form of hand press... you won't be disappointed.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    You crack me up, Randy!

Yea, that's probably going to cost more than a LEE!

Cause it looks SUPER sweet to me....VERY nice machining on that!!!

Congrats!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master

Randy that is a very nice looking press. I currently use a lee hand press for depriming only at the shooting bench when shooting black powder cartridges. I am one that likes to deprime before I put the fired case in the soapy water. How does your press compare size wise to the Lee? I am wanting to get in on the group buy if you put one together.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Very nice Randy. I want serial number 2.

Boolit Master
    Last time I checked, patents are only good for 17 years; copyrights, the life of the author +50 years; trademarks, in perpetuity as long as you keep renewing them.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    Randy that is a very nice looking press. I currently use a lee hand press for depriming only at the shooting bench when shooting black powder cartridges. I am one that likes to deprime before I put the fired case in the soapy water. How does your press compare size wise to the Lee? I am wanting to get in on the group buy if you put one together.
    If you are using even the Lee hand press for only decapping, you might as well use a snow shovel to swat a fly... it works but is more than you need. There are several devices out there that decap only and fit in a shirt pocket, and for ease of use it's hard to beat the old Lyman 310 tool with a Universal Decapper die. This is not in any way meant to belittle the new unit from Randy or even the Lee, but both are overkill for the purpose you mention.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    If you are using even the Lee hand press for only decapping, you might as well use a snow shovel to swat a fly... it works but is more than you need. There are several devices out there that decap only and fit in a shirt pocket, and for ease of use it's hard to beat the old Lyman 310 tool with a Universal Decapper die. This is not in any way meant to belittle the new unit from Randy or even the Lee, but both are overkill for the purpose you mention.

Froggie
    My Harvey deprimer does not work with my 500 Linebaugh and I wish it did. I honed a universal decapping die out to accommodate this and other 50s like the 50-110.

take care

r1kk1

Banned

Love my Harvey hand deprimers. Fortunately, they handle everything I reload for with aplomb.

Yes guys this tool is intended to do it all, and not just for one operation. Obviously it will do the one operation, but I doubt anyone is going to pay my price for something he can easily do with a Lee Hand Press for $36, or a dedicated tool like a Harvey Deprimer.

The whole idea here is to have a nice piece of equipment that you can use to load quality ammunition away from home, or even at home, if you don't have enough space for a full on reloading press and all the stuff that goes with it.

With this tool, a set of dies, a digital scale, and a funnel you can load ammo, as good as anything you can do on a Conventional Press. You can do this same thing with a Lee Hand Press,,, It is just a little harder to operate. I am not trying to compete with them, I am going for a different market, and with the responses I have gotten from here in the last two days it appears the market is there.

I am currently looking for another Camper to go on my truck. Obviously if you are reloading in a camper space is at a premium. I can fit everything I need including Powder, Primers and Bullets for several calibers into my LAPG Bailout Bag.

And this has been the intention with all of the hand presses that have preceded this one.IE: Portable Reloading.

Mine is simply made a different way, and works better.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Excellent. How much will it weigh?

Boolit Master
    The Harvey deprimer does not handle 50 cal stuff like 500 Linebaugh, 510 GNR, 50 Bowen Special, 50 Alaskan, etc.

I live in a 5th wheel most of the year. I want one! Right now I'm using a Hollywood Senior turret but at the range. . .

Take care

r1kk1

That looks to have turn out quite well Randy - Congratulations on another project that's absolutely fabulous. Keep us posted!

And I have a HDS press and have never hurt my fingers with it. Nor any other part of my
    body but I don't reload nude.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Better hurry up and get your vender/sponser membership dues in before you get banned.......
    You can read all the stuff online, in the magazines and in books and buy into the hypothesis but if you don't actually load up and test them then you know nothing until you do.

Frosted Boolits

How can he get banned if he hasn't put anything up for sale yet?
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast