RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need of a Hammer

In need of a Hammer

This is my brother in laws pistol given to him from his dad with a broken hammer. The only name on it is Jukar and the numbers 061885. It's made in Spain, and was sold as a kit years ago. I'm looking for info on it and possibly a hammer if someone would have a spare one in their parts bin. Thanks and have a great day!
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHunter View Post
    I saw that one, and wondered if it would fit. They must be somewhat universal or interchangeable?
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I would contact Dixie Gun Works.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Actually those Jukar repros from Spain seem to have been sold by the boatload. I have a Jukar Derringer that looks like a miniature of the one in the picture. I should think that parts would be interchangable. At least, it did not look like there was much hand-fitting on the kit I built.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

You can ship your lock to Dixie, and they can find one that matches.
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Fred View Post
    You can ship your lock to Dixie, and they can find one that matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I would contact Dixie Gun Works.
    I called them, and talked to Jamie. He did not offer anything of the sort and said they had nothing to help me with.

I just bought an entire lock like yours on ebay. It was just like yours. However, the link I posted was to a "bent spur" hammer, for use with a scope. He says he has one with straight spur also; I would check that out.
    Last edited by RhodeHunter; 03-08-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHunter View Post
    I just bought an entire lock like yours on ebay. It was just like yours. However, the link I posted was to a "bent spur" hammer, for use with a scope. He says he has one with straight spur also; I would check that out.
    Thanks, I will send him a message for that.

Boolit Master
    Todd just went thru my junk, don't have anything or would send it to you free buddy!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Todd - Measure the "throw" of the hammer. i.e. measure from the center of the screw hole in the tumbler that the hammer is mounted on to the center of the cup - you'll need to know that to tell if another one will fit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    Todd just went thru my junk, don't have anything or would send it to you free buddy!
    I thought of you brother, and figured you would see it here.

Boolit Buddy
    Those hammers weren't as common as some others Jukar/CVA, etc... used, but I have seen these type for sale before. They were "fancier" and were used on a couple different pistol locks. The throw on this hammer might be shorter than the one in the Ebay ad somebody posted. You might have to buy a whole lock instead of just a hammer, but they don't usually go for a big price. I think CVA called this their "Colonial Pistol" even though if it were "colonial" it would have been a flintlock.
    Last edited by reivertom; 03-09-2016 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Todd - Measure the "throw" of the hammer. i.e. measure from the center of the screw hole in the tumbler that the hammer is mounted on to the center of the cup - you'll need to know that to tell if another one will fit or not.
    The throw is exactly 1" center of screw to center of cup. Thanks!

Boolit Master

I have that exact same pistol. It was the first kit I ever assembled. It has the hammer and a steel ramrod. My measurement from the center of the hammer screw to the center of the cup is 1.5 inches. I am calling the "cup" the portion of the hammer that strikes the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    I have that exact same pistol. It was the first kit I ever assembled. It has the hammer and a steel ramrod. My measurement from the center of the hammer screw to the center of the cup is 1.5 inches. I am calling the "cup" the portion of the hammer that strikes the cap.
    That is the same two points I measured from. Except I measured to the nipple since my hammer is broken.

Boolit Master

I would contact CVA and see what they say and maybe even Traditions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	163104
    The picture shows the original lock, which had a broken sear spring. The lock I got from ebay which fits my gun exactly was advertised as a CVA KA713 Tower pistol lock. I just measure during my lunch and the original lock has a throw of 1-5/16".

Replacement:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cvalock-outside.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	163109
    Last edited by RhodeHunter; 03-09-2016 at 02:42 PM.

1989toddm, does the hammer screw come off like other screws, lefty-loosey?

Yes it is right hand threads. Lefty-loosely righty-tighty. Thanks for the pics, I'll hold out for the right one. I'm wondering how I measured wrong, I measured it 3 times.