Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I... I don't know what to do with my hands...

All I can do to keep from crying is laugh... Turns out they make ovulation tests that looks and act exactly like pregnancy tests, but you know, don't measure pregnancy. So those two lines meant she was ovulating, which we actually did take advantage of ifyaknowwhatimean, but no, she's not preggers as of yet. Ohh well, guess that means I can get that selfie with a great white shark in South Africa in a few weeks without any guilt of leaving a pregnant wife behind.

Boolit Master
    My wife and I went 8 years not wanting children yet. Then we spent 8 more trying. We about gave up. Then,one day, she was washing dishes and I was drying. I kissed her on the cheek and she snapped at me. "What the ....do you want.?"
    I looked at her and said "You're pregnant!" She pronounced me full of something. Eight or so months later Amanda was born. Funny how I knew my wife better than she knew herself!
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Quote Originally Posted by tommag View Post
    My wife and I went 8 years not wanting children yet. Then we spent 8 more trying. We about gave up. Then,one day, she was washing dishes and I was drying. I kissed her on the cheek and she snapped at me. "What the ....do you want.?"
    I looked at her and said "You're pregnant!" She pronounced me full of something. Eight or so months later Amanda was born. Funny how I knew my wife better than she knew herself!
    That's hilarious.
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Boolit Master
    Had an interesting day some years ago.

Got the wife pregnant, per her doctor's calculations.
    On a job I really didn't like BUT money and overtime were fantastic. Got a chance to transfer within company but lose the overtime and drive 40 miles, so I turned it down.
    Came home from work and found we'd been burglarized and almost all the guns walked.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie06 View Post
    I... I don't know what to do with my hands....
    It wasn't your hands that made it happen ...
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    Just remember:
    Tequila is not for women who are pregnant or nursing. However, if you want to become pregnant and give nursing a try, then Tequila may be for you. Ask your bartender to be sure.
    Side effects may include, but not limited to; dizziness, nausea, loss of coordination, vomiting, headaches, a taste of moldy burnt socks in your mouth, and waking up in strange places with your clothes nowhere in sight.

Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on the great news! And many happy returns as well! And don't worry, we'll keep your "secret." Who'd we tell, anyway?

Well, this time, beyond a shadow of a doubt, she bought the right tests and we got our first true positive test tonight! Two lines on a pregnancy test, not a damn ovulation test, I think my swimmers hit their target square and true!

Way to go Poppa! May all your children be born naked. Be a part of the birthing…you will never forget that moment as long as you live. Cherish every moment with your kids, they grow up so fast that it'll make your head swim.

charlie
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Bullseye! Good shooting!
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Congrats!! (Again) OS OK hit the nail on the head. Time flies when your having fun! Or kids...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Grand Master

I envy the ride your about to take. My children are half a century old and 4 late teen Grand Children.
    Take lots of pictures and take nothing for granted. Before you know it, they are grown and gone. Memories are but tiny fire flys in the night.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Tex if I read right the test was positive and she's not pregnant. I tell you. Be careful and watchful of any sign of her having strange abdominal pain. Unless her doc tells otherwise there's risk of an external pregnancy and that's serious. Please don't ask me how I know. If all is right I congratulate you and pray you a happy family. Kids are great and do whatever they see you doing.

The positive test from a few months ago wasn't an actual pregnancy test, it was an ovulation test, at the time neither of us even knew there was such a thing. She grabbed that box from the store because it was a couple dollars cheaper, to be honest that was the most excitement 2 dollars has ever incited in either one of us.

That was a hard lesson in attention to detail, this time around she bought actual pregnancy tests, last nights and this mornings were both positive. We're both beyond excited/scared/anxious, it's so early in the process, I just hope she has a normal and healthy pregnancy.

Boolit Buddy
    Well congrats man!

I'm only 2 years into the ride but it's a h3ll of one. You might get lucky with mood swings. Some of those mood swings treated me very well *grin*

It's all going to change and there's no telling when. For me it was the first time I felt my daughter move in the womb. She kicked my hand and the world...changed. I mean I was excited and all before that but that moment changed the world. You'll get moments like that. Maybe the first time you get a gummy smile- It'll make the first 2 weeks of sleep deprivation and the like worthwhile.

PS you will get to sleep in after the baby. But your definition of "sleeping in" will change

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetualStudent View Post
    Well congrats man!

I'm only 2 years into the ride but it's a h3ll of one. You might get lucky with mood swings. Some of those mood swings treated me very well *grin*

It's all going to change and there's no telling when. For me it was the first time I felt my daughter move in the womb. She kicked my hand and the world...changed. I mean I was excited and all before that but that moment changed the world. You'll get moments like that. Maybe the first time you get a gummy smile- It'll make the first 2 weeks of sleep deprivation and the like worthwhile.

PS you will get to sleep in after the baby. But your definition of "sleeping in" will change
    Amen. Very well put. We are also 2 years into it. Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master
    Tex, just please be watchful if the doc prescribes hcg tests. They should go high like doubling every two days. A slow pace is not good. Blessed be you and you wife.

You know Just fyi You cant get Her anymore pregnant LOL just saying.

Boolit Buddy
    WELL...... you ain't shootin blanks!! Are YA! Congrats! looks like you just got a 20 year science project

CC

Boolit Master
    Hi TA06.Brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrr are you in for a"Nantucket Sleighride".Best to you and the Missus.My google fu is no good today.Try searching for a song titled IIRC "Turn around".That will put kids in perspective.If its permitted,post it up on this thread.Please.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck