Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Any chance Henry will ever produce a 32-20 (32 WCF?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

Any chance Henry will ever produce a 32-20 (32 WCF?

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part but with new things Henry is doing, I wonder what the chances are that they will ever come out with a 32-20 lever action? I have one of their lever 22s that operates like melted butter and I know their bigger bore rifles are well liked by many. It seems like there would be a market for the 32-20 or is my thinking wrong? I know I'd have no problem purchasing one if they made them.

Or, is there just not that much interest in the 32-20?

Boolit Buddy

As for me I'd be more interested in one in 327 federal Magnum. Would I turn down one in 32-20 nope.
    Noli Me Tangere

Boolit Master
    I can only hope they do with a 308 bore like my 32/20 T/C Contender. The 327 FM is a fine cartridge - it does everything the 32/20 has done for a century when smokeless powder was added. (Smile - that's a joke)

Boolit Grand Master

Personally I think it would be a pretty cool rifle but I just don't think the appeal is wide enough. Hardly ever see any factory ammo for this cartridge and when I do it's pricey. Maybe another 32 has a better chance but at best it's a slim chance. I really like the idea, tho.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

the 30/20 TC is a great round .5 groups at 100 yards

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I guess I was looking at it and the 32-20 from a reloader's point of view and I agree, the cartridge is a rare find on the shelves. And, a 32-20 from a marketing standpoint would not be a good decision either I'm supposing. But something like the 327 Fed Mag would sort of fill the void between the 17s & 22s and the larger bore rifles. Plus it's a common cartridge that would be a lot of fun for small to medium size critters and range shooting/plinking. May just be a "fantasy" on my part but I think they would sell. Interesting to think about anyway . . .

Boolit Master

32/20 Lever Action

There are still Marlin 1894CL carbines around. For a lever action 32/20, it would be easier to find one of these than a newly manufactured levergun. They shoot pretty well. Mine has the .311" bore diameter and is certainly accurate enough for small game at mid ranges and plinking out past 200 yards.

I'd also like a levergun (and S&W K Frame) in 327 Federal, but for now this Marlin will suffice.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Grand Master

Nice rifle, Scharf. I've fondled a couple of Marlins in 32-20 but neither made the cut, both had bad bores (corrosive primers?) and high price tags. Suspect they were about 100 yrs old and were entitled to be that way. Maybe someday. Would prefer a Marlin over a Henry any day but I'm warming up to these Henry's.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    I like the idea too. I also much prefer pre-Remington Marlin's, not just over Henry's but over all other's. Now back to .32's, I do like the idea of either one, .32-20 or .327. A friend of mine recently brought over a .32mag Marlin that was converted to .327. He ran a few rounds of American Eagle 100gr soft points over my chronograph and they clocked in at just under 2100fps. Not too shabby from a measly little .32 caliber handgun cartridge!

C.S.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I wonder what the chances are that they will ever come out with a 32-20 lever action?
    Would buy one in a heart beat!
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    the 30/20 TC is a great round .5 groups at 100 yards
    I know mine will do that but only if someone else is shooting it.

Boolit Master
    I would like to have a 92 or 73 in .32/20
    The best handgun I ever owned was a .32/20 ln Colt Army Special 5"
    It was perhaps the best shooting revolver I ever owned,
    BUT.................I sold it,

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Clay M View Post
    I would like to have a 92 or 73 in .32/20
    The best handgun I ever owned was a .32/20 ln Colt Army Special 5"
    It was perhaps the best shooting revolver I ever owned,
    BUT.................I sold it,
    I've had similar experience with this S&W Hand Ejector (3d Model) as you did with your Colt. I still have this one though. It's complimentary to my Marlin 1894CL, but it only get fed low pressure rounds given its age.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

I have a 94 Marlin 32-20 and do enjoy the cartridge but from a practical standpoint find the 357 rifles to be more so. They have played with the small case 30 calibers for years and they have been flops. The 32 H&R was made in a rifle and did not make the cut. Normally military cartridges get popular regardless of better similar ones, but the 30 M1 Carbine never really got popular. Civilian rifles did not go over. The popular perception is that they are too big for rabbits and too small for deer.
    My 357 Rossi is not as nice as my 32-20 but fills the same niche for my use plus it is a minimal deer rifle. As far as that goes my 22 mag Henry also does what I expect out of a 32-20. If I want to hunt deer I have plenty of deer rifles. The 311 bore makes the 32-20 a bit more expensive to produce. A 30-30 can also be loaded down to 32-20, 32 Mag, 30 carbine specks. As to pistols I stand by my 38 special.
    I enjoy my 32-20 and have all I need to keep shooting it. I was lucky enough to already have a bullet mold for it that works very well. And was able to get cases when they were available. I liked the Starline nickel plated ones. Uberti may make 73 Winchesters and Colt peacemakers in 32-20, but I do not know their availibility. The 32-20 is a nice cartridge but I could live without it.

DP