WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: "Bench Vibration & Auto Powder Throws'' Which one Tolerates it?

"Bench Vibration & Auto Powder Throws'' Which one Tolerates it?

I have had to mount a separate stand through my bench that sits afoot its own base in order to work the press while waiting on my old RCBS auto throw to make loads. It's slow and I can tolerate that as long as I can be doing something other than sitting and waiting on it to finnish.
    What have you done to address this problem…or does it even exist anymore with all the new autos out there?
    Attachment 161005
    What Auto Dispenser do you think is the 'hands down' best?
    Why?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

I hope you get your problem solved. I really do BUT I am so glad I don't use any type of an auto system for powder throw. It's just an electronic gizmo which really should have faded from the scene a couple of decades ago (right after it started).
    regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kerr View Post
    I hope you get your problem solved. I really do BUT I am so glad I don't use any type of an auto system for powder throw. It's just an electronic gizmo which really should have faded from the scene a couple of decades ago (right after it started).
    I get your point…really do but I like to have the auto throw deliver the bulk of the powder and then I trickle up to the exact load Im after…it's a pretty handy gizmo as gizmos go.

Boolit Master
    I have a separate table or shelf for the scale. Had to do the same for the auto scales I was around.

Boolit Master
    NO powder dispenser will put up with bench vibration. I simply have either a shelf over the bench to hold it or a small table next to the press for the dispenser.
    NO scale or balance should be subject to vibrations.
    PS: I love my ChargeMaster. It makes working up loads so easy and it is fast enough to keep up with my Dillon 1050s.
    I think case gages are a waste of money, but many love theirs.
    I think MTV should have died after the first week, but here we are.
    I think schools should have 85% of all children reading, writing, and doing math at their grade level before they try to teach anything else, but here we are.

Boolit Master

I had a varying/floating weight on my scale. Being my bench top is lit by flourescent lights that is pssibly causing interference, i installed two ferric oxide filters on my scales power cords (2 ea) which has cut down on climbing/floating weight readings. The filter are used on computer power supplies and connecting cords on monitors to prevent interference. Just bring your power supply wall wart to Radio Shack to get the proper size.

Boolit Grand Master

RCBS Chargemaster. All the others are trying to be it. I set mine on a piece of isorib so no vibration is transferred to it. Not sure how well this will work on the new small bench that I built. But on the large one it doesn't transfer any movement to it.

I have their first model they put out, the one that has the dispenser and scales in separate machines, it has two delivery tubes, fast tube and slow tube, a 20 step setup sequence for calibration and communication between units and it even will throw about 135 grains of powder in order to set itself up with the 'type' of powder it throws according to the weight delivered and time/weight ratio it receives from the scales, real pain the butt when you are wanting to scoot right along. It makes noises and takes its own sweet time about things. I'm slow and old too…but, 'come on already!'
    It is just nice to have that base charge waiting for you to 'trickle up to' when loading large rifle charges, I have learned to live with it.
    One of the fellas I taught to load this past year has the new 'Red' model, I think…Hornady?…talking about 'fast', I couldn't believe my eyes…but…just yesterday afternoon he was complaining about 'Blue Dot' and the miss throws, over throws it was having trying to deal with that stuff…well…I guess that it's all 'relative'.
    I told him about throwing short by .5 grain or so…he looked up at me…I saw a light come on behind his eyes…ha!