i have scopes from sightron or burris ,and happy with
    no hunting ,only for paper punching
    what choice?
    Thanks
    ANDRE

Banned

no experience with sightron so I wont comment
    Had two redfields but didn't track well even after being sent in for repair
    Not a big fan of burris but out of the three id probably go with burris but for the same price id look at a vx1 leupold or one of the newest prostaffs from Nikon.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I use Sightron on several different target rifles they track the box so am pleased with them not nightforces but affordable and better than most important have used of the ones you mentioned that would be my choice. I have them up to 36 power

The Redfield is made side by side with the Leopolds, and backed by their warranty, so there is no question about their quality.

I've always been a fan of Burris, and now all of there scopes are backed by a forever warranty. That being said haven't bought one in 10 years, but I have looked through a few and was impressed.

I have no experience with Sightron so I can comment there.

Out of those 3 I would suggest the Sightron. Burris has been hit or miss with me and i have no experience with Redfield. Good luck.

I'd do the Burris from those you listed - If I may ask is the limitation to the brands listed because of availability or price or some other reason?

Je ferais la Burris de ceux que vous avez énumérés - Si je peux me pose est la limitation aux marques citées raison de la disponibilité ou de prix ou une autre raison?

http://www.opticstalk.com/members-te...s_forum23.html
    Last edited by Artful; 02-14-2016 at 12:28 AM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    If you aren't limited to just those brands, I would suggest Leupold or Vortex. I've had Leupolds for years and have had nothing but good luck with them. I recently bought a Vortex 3X9x40 for one of my Encore barrels and liked it well enough that I went back and bought another.

Boolit Buddy
    Limitation by price

Boolit Master
    I can only say after actually getting behind many different optics this,past summer I can say....there's ok optics then it jumps into the much better and then NICE.
    For the most part if your wallet is thin do not look through really nice scopes.

For strictly target shooting for small groups these are the scopes I tried and liked.
    March Fixed 40x with 1/16 moa dot absolute thrill to use. Although way out of price and place.
    Weaver T36 basic dot scope really liked it glass was very clear and most likely one of the best "affordable" scopes I tried for punching tiny groups.
    Night force bench rest another awesome scope with only a hint of shadow on the highest magX
    Night force NSX 8x32 another great scope but reticle is a bit busy for my likes.
    Sightron SIII 10x50 MOA 2 ret. Really nice and on 24x the dot in the middle is .25 moa. Not the smallest. They do make a target dot model also.
    The sightron was very nice. The gent who let me try it really let me work it out. We did a tracking test , the square test played with the parellax adjustment.
    Class was nice and crisp with some really good color vs the others.

I like the leupold offerings but the 2 I tried both had some lash issues with the side focus.

I'm,still undecided. If weaver put a simple ret in the T series that had just a few hold over dots I would buy 2 of them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160213_144752.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	160837
    For now my search still goes on. Above is my Hawke 4x12x40 with map 6 reticle. Its a decent scope for 200$ or so. AO is up on the front which makes for tough on the fly adjustments. If I get another Hawke it will have side focus.
    Last edited by mac1911; 02-14-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Boolit Master
    I have a sightron sii on my 7mag and it has been a great scope for the last 14 years! But bang for my buck I buy only vortex scopes any more... for what it's worth I can get Bushnell and Weaver at cost and pay retail for vortex. For the cost of a sightron sii you can get a vortex viper series with twice the options and same clarity as the sightron.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mica_Hiebert View Post
    I have a sightron sii on my 7mag and it has been a great scope for the last 14 years! But bang for my buck I buy only vortex scopes any more... for what it's worth I can get Bushnell and Weaver at cost and pay retail for vortex. For the cost of a sightron sii you can get a vortex viper series with twice the options and same clarity as the sightron.
    The hard part is finding a reticle you like with in the price and options out there.
    If I could get the Hawke map 6 reticle in a vortex or sightron at 24x or more side parellax adjustment I would be very happy.
    I like the vortex deadhold bdc reticle.
    Does vortex have manufactured softwAre like Hawke. I find the Hawke bdc softwAre to be very very good. Use it with chair gun pro for lens cap cheat sheet and such it becomes a very useful tool.

Boolit Master
    Yes they do have a balistic program for their bdc. Vortex also has mrad and moa reticles but puts you in the 500 dollar range... some times sportsmans warehouse has them on sale for 400... probably a little above your price point but buy once, cry once.

Boolit Master

Of your options, I would pick one of 16x since you are target shooting only. I have no experience with Sightrons, but it is probably the better target scope.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master
    OP like to see what you end up with.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by primersp View Post
    Limitation by price
    What's your budget. I have been looking and saving for almost a year.
    I had unexpected tire replacement which knocked my fun fund back to 1200$.
    Each week that passes I save a few more bucks. I have a M1 I'm selling to add to the budget.

Limitation by price
    check this out
    http://www.samplelist.com/ViewProducts.aspx
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Thanks
    They don't ship outside

Limitation by price
    I only sell and install one scope, for I believe its the best bang for the buck.
    At $300 its in your price range, you could get the add-ons later.
    They come in fixed powers (6x,10x,16x,20x) and a variable which is out of your price range.

Designed and sold to the US Navy Seals, it is the toughest scope you will ever own.
    The mildot sighting system will make you never want to look though one of those bargain basement scopes again.
    Ive shoot against $4000-5000 Leos and S&B, and out shot them all.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-C187.aspx <--- classic line

http://www.gunblast.com/SWFA_Super_Sniper.htm

I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Lead Fred - that's the same company I posted (I just put their inexpensive demo item list)
    but I (and evidently you) was not aware of their export policy
    SWFA, Inc.'s Export Policy

SWFA, Inc. only does business within the United States of America and will not directly or indirectly export or assist in exporting any product(s) purchased through SWFA, Inc. SWFA, Inc. has decided to cease all international sales due to credit card fraud and the majority of the products SWFA, Inc. offers, being restricted and prohibited for export by the United States government.
    A list of prohibited products and a list of debarred, denied, and embargoed countries; entities and or persons can be found by contacting:
    U.S. Department of State
    International Traffic in Arms Regulations
    Office of Defense Trade Control
    Tel.: (202) 663 2714

U.S. Department of Commerce
    Bureau of Industry and Security
    Office of Exporter Services
    Tel.: (202) 482-4811

Sale or transfer of items listed is prohibited to entities on the list of debarred parties, denied persons and embargoed countries. It is the buyer's responsibility to be aware of these lists and to obey the law. These restrictions are enforced and the penalties are severe. We will only ship to United States addresses and only accept payment from credit cards having United States (verifiable) billing addresses, personal checks / cashier's checks from banks presiding in the United States and United States Postal money orders.
    SWFA, Inc.'s export policy is not negotiable.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Master

US laws are cracked. We can import a mil dot scope easily from China, but can't resell it anywhere without specific State Dept approval and a stack of other ITAR paperwork.

As usual exporters to the US benefit while the US mfgs are screwed.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast