Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Hey Dummy!"…"I answered…What?"…"Use a rubber band!" LEE SIZING

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    "I'm impressed…looks very professional and a dream to use…kerplunk, swish, kerplunk, swish…I could get used to that…well…except for the 'finger cramp' you are going to have from operating that valve arm!
    Did anyone ever suspect you of being a 'neat freak?'
    Well done, well lit up, well cleaned…well organized...well hell…'Let's go shoot'!"

Thanks for the pic's. …OS OK
    Neat freak, No, my friends and family have seen my garage!

I bet it sucks big time to get a finger pinched with that thing!

The only problem with the voices in my head is that I think thy are having more fun in there than I'm having out here. And look out for the one that tells you to set fires! He just a butt hole trying to get you in trouble.

Boolit Master
    No doubt it would suck to get a finger pinched, that's the reason I don't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    No doubt it would suck to get a finger pinched, that's the reason I don't do it!
    Are you working on an automated boolit feeder that you are going to surprise us with soon?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Hi OS,

I admit a bullet feeder has occurred to me, but I use Ram Checker mostly for sizing PC bullets. My first idea was tube feeders, but the time and effort to load the tubes didn't see like it would save much because I can hand feed 30 bullets a minute without pushing. So far my record was 38 sized bullets in a minute; yes, I get bored and play games like that. I think the best way would be to build a collator and it would have to deliver the bullets nose down, but lately I have had too many irons in the fire to put much though into it, been working on the sprinkler system before the Texas heat sets in.

So not to disappoint you, here is a photo of my newly completed "Ram Buster". When I first built Ram Chucker I couldn't imagine it not having enough power for any operation and actually Ram Checker does because as the cylinder can handle 250 psi, but I am limited by my air compressor, which normally tops out at 125 psi. Bulge Busting straight wall cases puts a lot of stress on any standard press and the operator. Ram Chucker sailed through bulge busting the 9 mm as well as most 45 acp, but I ended up with several thousand 45 cases with small primer pockets. These SP 45's were the devil to push through the die, so I decided to go for more power and build Ram Buster with a 80 mm pneumatic cylinder. So far Ram buster hasn't met a case it can't easily bulge bust.
    Attachment 163975

Boolit Buddy
    I am humbled by the ingenuity and craftsmanship!!!
    So many ideas to steal - and so little time.
    Bob;

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BwBrown View Post
    I am humbled by the ingenuity and craftsmanship!!!
    So many ideas to steal - and so little time.
    Bob;
    I too am amazed with the things some of the guys come up with and I am always willing to share any information I have it ever needed.

Boolit Master
    I occasionally struggle with the little voices. After a couple years, I went to the VA and visited with a shrink.

He offered me two options: counseling or medication. I went with the meds, and it seems to work about 90% of the time. When things get a little too far out of hand, I just threaten them with counseling. It seems to work rather well.

Boolit Bub
    Hearing the voices in your head is OK. It is also OK to argue with yourself, I do that all the time. Worst part is when I lose the argument, trust me it has happened. Take care, John.
    NRA life member.
    It's not what you do, it's how you do what you do, that counts.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skills!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodOlBoy View Post
    I don't mind all the voices in my head, I just wish they all spoke english....

GoodOlBoy
    Que?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sharpshooter View Post
    I occasionally struggle with the little voices. After a couple years, I went to the VA and visited with a shrink.

He offered me two options: counseling or medication. I went with the meds, and it seems to work about 90% of the time. When things get a little too far out of hand, I just threaten them with counseling. It seems to work rather well.
    I told my VA shrink I met a guy with the same voice as the voices, he hid under desk, wouldn't come out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

back to the ram press: it's times like these I wish I learned welding in high school instead of Latin.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    Actually the Ram Presses I built have become more of a necessity as I have aged. My joints & muscles are no longer able to handle the repetitious tasks of operating a press under full load over and over again for thousands of strokes, but I can push a button with no problem. Maybe if I had learned Latin instead I wouldn't need to be using the press in the first place, but I have to say all those Industrial Engineering Labs have come in handy over the years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123