WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: 360 DW carbine

360 DW carbine

I was thinking a T/C contender could be chambered with a throat that would let you seat bullets out long. You could do real nice hunting loads without having to find MAX brass. Starline makes 360 brass and with a bullet seated out there wouldn't much dif
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>

Boolit Bub
    a lot of the r&r 357 mags. have a "generous" chamber that allows 360dw to be used without ant reaming but reaming will give a leade as opposed to pistol type step.

Yes the H&Rs take 360 brass from what I hear. I'm talking about a made from scratch barrel for a T/C.
    Chambered for 360DW brass. A freebore to allow the bullet to be seated out. This would be a clean sharp step from the end of the brass. No gap wanted. this would probably be a bit over bore dia to allow the cartridge to chamber. If my bore dia is .358 my patched bullet would be maybe .359-.3595. this length would be dependent on bullet, then a tapered leade.

I have a 235gr that patches up to .3593 with green bar 15 lb paper and the sizer I have. Been thinking about a 200gr design also.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcove View Post
    Yes the H&Rs take 360 brass from what I hear. I'm talking about a made from scratch barrel for a T/C.
    Chambered for 360DW brass. A freebore to allow the bullet to be seated out. This would be a clean sharp step from the end of the brass. No gap wanted. this would probably be a bit over bore dia to allow the cartridge to chamber. If my bore dia is .358 my patched bullet would be maybe .359-.3595. this length would be dependent on bullet, then a tapered leade.

I have a 235gr that patches up to .3593 with green bar 15 lb paper and the sizer I have. Been thinking about a 200gr design also.
    Your patched bullet will need to be .360-,361. You have to patch to groove diameter, not bore.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

The groove on the barrel stub I have is .358. Most modern non Marlin barrels are not oversize, at least the ones I have.