RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate 2015, a very unique powder

Boolit Buddy

Accurate 2015, a very unique powder

A little play on words but I am wondering if anyone else is impressed by this powder. I found it to have some really nice qualities and find myself using it more and more. First off it burns very very clean even at low pressures and leaves little residue in the bore. It also is extremely flexible as it seems to perform in a very linear fashion in min to max loads.

I have used A2015 in 223, 35 rem, 45-70, 30-06, 303 brit, 30-30 with a mix of cast & jacketed bullets. While not always achieving the highest velocity it has always produce the best accuracy. This powder is single base made in Canada which I believe is a General dynamics plant which makes the IMR line. IMR is a distribution company not a manufacturer (now owned by Hodgdon).

Anyway would love to hear from others who have used this powder and what their experience has been.

Thanks

Unique

Boolit Mold
    Just got some. Have only loaded 223 55 grain jacketed. Worked up to maximum load, no signs of excessive pressure. haven't loaded enough to check accuracy and as we know maximum loads are not always the most accurate(sometimes they are, all guns are individuals)

Didn't see loads listed for cast boolits.

haynk

Super Moderator Emeritus
    try it in your 22-250

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I do not know if there is any formulation difference, but my experience is with AA 2015 BR. I noticed a few years ago they dropped the BR.

I really, really like it in 7 TCU, with all weights of projectile, cast or jacketed. Pretty sure
    I used to shoot a bit of it in 12" 30-30 Contender to very good effect.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    I used an older jug (marked '92) for 7.62x39. Its the only AA2015br I've personally seen. Sad day when I loaded my last round with it... best x39 powder I've found to date.
    I collect exotic ammo, if you have something interesting let me know.

Boolit Master
    I use AA2015 for my IHMSA silhouette loads in 7TCU and 7BR. It's very accurate for me with both jacketed and cast.

Boolit Buddy
    Good powder for the 6mm PPC with jacketed bullets.

Works good in my Contender 7X30 Waters

Boolit Master

AA2015 is sort of my "go-to when all else fails" powders. Best smokeless I've found for BP-level loads in my .45-70s and nearly matches G11 (factory ball) accuracy in my 7.5x55s. Probably the only reason that I don't use it in more calibers is that it's hard to find 'over-the-counter' in my neck of the woods so the only time I get any is when I tag two or three pounds onto a bulk order from Graf's or Midsouth.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

"Moderator Emeritus"

Accurate 2015 is my favorite powder.
    Krag35

I have never met a dishonest dog.

Expatriate, in my own country.

Boolit Buddy

I use AA 2015 in my 204 Ruger get speeds just short of 4K through the Crony and shoots 3/4" 5 shot groups @ 200yrds and have killed varmints out to 350 yrds with authority.
    looking to use it in my other rifles just have not got around to it.
    Tony

Love it in my 45/70's with Accurate mold 405GC. Can load it down or up, still preforms great. I have read where 5744 is the best powder for 45/70's and it darn well should be at $36 lb. but I have not 1 complaint with 2015.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Buddy
    Well looks like only good things said about this powder. Thanks everyone for your input.

This is what keeps reloading interesting because there is always something to learn.

Boolit Master
    I think i will try some.

Boolit Master
    My first choice for .45-70, .35 Rem, .358 Win. Smooth pressure rise, have not experienced spiking. Works well in reduced loads in .303 Savage .32 Win Special. Close to 3031, a little slower than 4198, measures very well, just good to work with.

Boolit Mold
    Well friends, Midway has 2015 on "clearance" so I got a jug. Then found that Hodgdon is selling it direct on their website for even cheaper, $26/lb. Which is unusual. I wonder if it's going to be discontinued? It's not like the shelves are bursting with Benchmark and H322.

Boolit Grand Master

A very versatile powder that I used a lot of. Unfortunately, NONE of the LGS will order Accurate powders anymore.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    2015 has gone through many changes over the years. Back in the 90's, 2915 was made in Israel and was a fantastic 6PPC powder. Sadly that powder was discontinued and they came out with 2015XBR (I hope the letters are correct). I bought some and it was different from the original. Not too long ago, I bought a pound in a can that looked liked this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACC2015-01-e1543547869544.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	306650
    It didn't shoot well at all in a 6PPC. Now the container is this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2015_front__89290.1645563491.1280.1280.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	306651
    I wonder if it has changed yet again? But to be honest, I have not tried it with cast in my bench gun, but now reading this thread I will try it. I have found another powder that shoots exceptionally well in cast benchrest, but I'm always looking for better.

The 2015 BR and 2015 work well in many different case capacities. Not necessarily the highest velocity but accuracy can be found at a decent working velocity. I used it in many of my single shot handguns and bolt action rifles for cast and J bullets. They have other powders for the AR platform.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

This is encouraging as I just bought a pound of 2015. The only Accurate powders I have used are 2460(way back in the 1980s), 1680, and #2. I still use #2 in several handgun loads.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast