Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: .35 Remington

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

.35 Remington

Is the .35-200-FN bullet the one for the .35 remington? I just tried out the Bator lites, and they need seated waaaaaay too deep. Graf has one of these molds in stock. Or, for a few dollars price difference, I may have Dan make me one to fit.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    The RCBS is a very good bullet, especially for hunting. The Lyman 358315 is also very good if you match the alloy for expansion.

Generous Donator

The RCBS 35-200 has worked the best in both my 336 Marlins. Mark

Boolit Master
    I use the Lyman 358315, comes out 214gr with gc and lube, it is a round nose, that may or may not be a problem for you.
    It does 2400fps with wcwws in my .35 Whelen and is as accurate as I am.
    For a shorter and /or faster load, I have the C358-158-SWC from Lee, shoots fine, may be even better for 100yd or less use than the Lyman.
    Really makes a water jug come apart at 2200fps.

Boolit Master
    The RCBS 35-200 is one very good bullet. I've read this all over the web and it convinced me to try it in my Max. It outshoots everything, including more than a few jacketed loads.

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi
    Is the .35-200-FN bullet the one for the .35 remington? I just tried out the Bator lites, and they need seated waaaaaay too deep. Graf has one of these molds in stock. Or, for a few dollars price difference, I may have Dan make me one to fit.
    Which .35 Rem do you load for? I've got a Marlin with the non-microgroove rifleing and will check to see what the .35-200 OAL is (and seating depth).

I've used in some time ago in the .35 W, but was looking for something heavier. Other than that it's a good boolet.
    trk
    aka Cat Whisperer
    Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
    N 37.05224 W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Boolit Master

Ric..unfortunately or otherwise, that's the only drawback to the 35-200-FN. It does extend down into the case when seated for a lever (or at least in the case of my Marlin 336). The fortunate part is that it shoots good that way as opposed to the law that says bases may not extend into the case. So, "nothing is written" unless you prove it.

The 358315 on the other hand comes pretty close to the case neck like it should...but...the nose diameter on two I have measered (one's mine) is smaller than it should be and as a result the 35-200-FN edges it out in accuracy.

If Larry ever finishes my variable length 358315 mould, that should take care of all the problems as it will have a .350" nose, the old 358315 bands, a 358009 nose profile, will be variable in length with a hollow point option. Talk about your perfect country and western song. I'm calling it my "mould from hell". I'll post pics when I get it back and cast some./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Ric
    I have an old LBT mold pre incarceration neways..fer my .35 Remingtons an older 336 with ballard riflin' n a newer 336 with the microgroove...it's a 235Gr. WFN PB if ya'd like ta try some I'll head em yer way....they shoot very well from both at 1600fps min. all the way ta as fast as I've been willin' ta try em...n I can testify ta the fact they'll penetrate a fair sized elk broadside no problem...
    Regard's John

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Beagle, this is a Model 8, and appears to have a pretty short throat to it. The saeco 250 will function through the rifle, but hasn't shown a lot of accuracy. The big nosed bators have to be WAY down in the case, so the 358009 designs would'nt work for beans, I don't imagine.

Super Moderator

................I sure like the Saeco #356, 200gr FNGC in my 35 Rem. Works well in the Ruger BH 357 too!

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

35 Rem

[QUOTE=waksupi]Is the .35-200-FN bullet the one for the .35 remington? ... Oh Great Elk Slayer.... I have in stock some 125gr. Non-Lead 357 TC Bullets. When I shot these from a Marlin in 35 REM using a full load of H4895, the results were VG..... I would send you some samples if you reply with your email to Rodney@FrangibleBullets.Com ................ Captain
    "Like cool water to a thirsty soul is good news from a distant land." Prov. 25:25

In Remebrance

Beagle- You ARE gonna post some photos when you get this nifty mould, right?

Boolit Master

I will post photos when it gets done.

The bracket is fitted and then deer season took priority before it was finished.

This is the biggest modification I have ever attempted on a mould. The only fly in the ointment seems to be a small ring will be on the ogive where the adjustable nose punch meets the side of the bullet. I'm hoping this will be ironed out with a good fitted top punch during sizing./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr. Bret
    Beagle- You ARE gonna post some photos when you get this nifty mould, right?

Boolit Master

Ric....I think about all of the production .35 Rems have short throats. Scott Keepes sent me some 256 grain Saecos a couple of years ago and I shot them in my old Marlin.

I had to seat them pretty deep but accuracy wasn't bad. Velocity wasn't worth squat as I never had enough to work up a load but the potential is there for this weight bullet.

I'm kind of the mind a mind that a 220 grainer is about the optimum weight for a.35 Rem./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi
    Beagle, this is a Model 8, and appears to have a pretty short throat to it. The saeco 250 will function through the rifle, but hasn't shown a lot of accuracy. The big nosed bators have to be WAY down in the case, so the 358009 designs would'nt work for beans, I don't imagine.

Boolit Master

.35 remington mould.

Hey Waksupi,
    I have the mould you're talking about from RCBS. It shot great in my 357 max and my 35 whelen. I'm currently trying to sell it, with handles, for $56 bucks(the cost of a group buy on a 7mm soupcan mould).
    That is, if you're interested.
    Dan

Banned

Ive taken a few hogs and deer with the rcbs bullet out of .35s and .356 and its never been lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by DanWalker
    Hey Waksupi,
    I have the mould you're talking about from RCBS. It shot great in my 357 max and my 35 whelen. I'm currently trying to sell it, with handles, for $56 bucks(the cost of a group buy on a 7mm soupcan mould).
    That is, if you're interested.
    Dan
    Not ignoring you, Dan. Just pondering. I'd been playing with Mountain Molds program, trying to come up with some design that would be good for both the .35 Rem, and my .358 Win. I suspect I will take you up on your offer, but have to see what is in the bank at the time.

Boolit Buddy
    Use the RCBS 35-200 in both. Mine loads at 213 gr w/ LBT Blue & GC. It shoots well in both. Velocities run right at 2000 fps out of my Model 141 pump w/ 4895, & 2450 out of my 358 using VVN135. I can send some up your way to try if you'd like. Pilgrim

Boolit Master

.35 remington

If you want it, just send the check to oldfeller, and I'll send you the mould.
    It'll cut down on postage and time.
    Thanks,
    Dan

Boolit Master
    Waksupi;
    All the .35 Rem. factory ammo I have ever seen is either 150 or 200gr.
    From this . I would expect a slow twist barrel in the old Rem.8,you have, as well as a short throat.
    The biggest reason the .35 Rem. was not all that popular is the comparison between the 150gr .30-30 down range performance and the down range performance of the 150gr bullet in the .35 Rem.