Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Ingot Mold

Boolit Buddy
    Somewhere in the woods of Central Oklahoma

Ingot Mold

I'm looking for a used 4-bar ingot mold. If you've stopped casting and might have one you'd sell, PM me with the particulars.

Boolit Bub
    You might want to have this moved to the WTB section of the classifieds.

Boolit Buddy
    Somewhere in the woods of Central Oklahoma
    Sorry. Will do that myself.

Boolit Master

Boolit Grand Master

I suggest looking online for Lee ingot molds. Their aluminum mold is about half of what the cast iron molds cost. Buy several!

Le Loup Solitaire
    I'll second the suggestion on Lee ingot molds. Although molds are made by RCBS and Lyman they are much more expensive than what Lee produces. The lee comes with a wooden handle; It has two standard one pound trapezoidal forms and two half pound versions. All stack compactly. You can find them on the Lee site, but I believe that you will get the best price from Midsouth Shooters Supply so check them out on line. LLS

Boolit Master
    Contact NOE they have a very nice 4 cavity mold with the various alloy names etched into them. Made from aluminum pricey yet worth it. You'll need handles for the and IIRC Lee handles will fit.
    One other thing you have the owner,Swede Nelson as the maker and a nicer gentleman for assistance you'll ever deal with.

I would suggest the Lee ingot molds. They are cheap and work just as well as the overpriced ones made by others. All you need is to mold the lead into bars. You don't need fancy letters molded into them. Label the ingots with a sharpie. You can get 2 or more of the Lee ingot molds for what one of the others cost each. Factory sales or Titan Reloading also carries Lee stuff for a cheap price.
    https://fsreloading.com/lee-precisio...old-90029.html
    http://www.titanreloading.com/lee-in...e=ingot%20mold
    I would suggest you stay away from Lee's ladle. You can also use old muffin tins that are not non-stick if you happen to find some at a yard sale.

Boolit Master
    I have 4 or 5 of the old cast iron Saeco, Lyman (backward N), and RCBS that I got cheap just for having patience.
    EDG

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, I do too! But they are really hard to find at an affordable price. I prefer cast iron, but the Lee's are about the best bang for the buck.

Boolit Buddy
    I use an old soup ladle that was being pitched for filling Ingot molds.

Bill

Boolit Grand Master

A few years ago there was a group buy going on here for a cast aluminum ingot mold with Cast Boolits on it. Really cool looking! I would love to have one of those just because!

If I were a newby just starting out I would build about a half dozen out of small channel, say 1-1/2 inch x 5 or 6 inch. But, all of my stash is cast in the Lyman style ingot mold so I'll just stay with what I have.

I found that the cast iron pans for making corn muffin sticks work well. You can find them for less money than NOE ingot molds (even less if you find them at a flea market or yard sale). They work great; but you ingots come out looking like little half ears of corn!