RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: This new .22lr pistol looks like a winner!

This new .22lr pistol looks like a winner!

Looks pretty much like the model 21, but updated some. Definitely might be worth checking out.

Boolit Master

I like this. I have a S&W 22A and a Buckmark and love both, but want to look at this new model closer. I like that it is in stainless steel and the grip looks promising, maybe better than the 22A. I personally have no issues with the grip on the 22A, but it feels nothing like the Buckmark with the URX rubber grip.

Boolit Grand Master
    Very interesting--esp. if its take-down is easier than the &^* $#@% Ruger is. The Model 41 takedown is VERY easy, but 1200 bucks is a lot of money for a 22 LR pistol.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned
    What's that thing about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery ?

I guess all of the Ruger patents have expired.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    What's that thing about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery ?

I guess all of the Ruger patents have expired.
    You have a point, P&P........but there are only so many ways to build a full-sized 22 LR self-loading pistol. The older models like the Colt Woodsman and High Standard bear some resemblance to the uber-successful Ruger autoloaders as well. To depart radically from The Usual Design Scheme, you'll need to chase down variants like the Walther GSP (love those ugly monsters) or similar target pistols, and have your money ready. The S&W M-41 is affordable/reasonable in comparison. I am loath to trust company ad copy on its face, but what is presented so far I like. After our beta-testing experience with the SIG Mosquito c. 2004, Marie and I will allow others to run the shakedown cruises on new 22 LR autopistols henceforth and hereafter.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Very interesting--esp. if its take-down is easier than the &^* $#@% Ruger is. The Model 41 takedown is VERY easy, but 1200 bucks is a lot of money for a 22 LR pistol.
    It does have a verry easy takedown which is awesome. I still really like the look of the rugers though. They are awesome guns.

Boolit Master
    My Ruger MKI T comes apart very easily and without tools and goes back together almost as easily. I don't understand why people have so much trouble with the Ruger.
    This S&W looks like it might be a nice pistol. Does anyone know the retail price?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Does anyone know the retail price?

Retail price?
    Ahh yea, let's see.
    My guess is it would twice the price of a Ruger.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    I got a thing in an email from Guns America about the new S&W, but $1200, yea Ill stick with what I have.

$409 is the msrp. Saw 1 at my LGS the other day for $379. They are priced right.

My local gun shop has one in stock new for $400. I got to hold it and play with it a bit. Decent trigger. Light weight as compared to Ruger MKII competition but with a shorter barrel. Sights are not blinding like some of the hi vis sights are. They are also a bit smaller in diameter.
    My big thing is they changed the grip dramatically. It is thinner than the Ruger or the S&W 22a by quite a bit. The big thing for me was they changed the grip angle. The angle throws me off. It appears to be nearly the same as the old High Standard 22 pistols that lots of people love.

Boolit Master
    That is a fair price. Now if they shoot as well as the Rugers they will indeed be a nice gun at a good price. I guess I'll have to go to the LGS and see if they have one to look at.

22plinkster on YouTube did a favorable review on this gun. He's had one for over 8mos now. He says it's very accurate.

Boolit Grand Master
    "$1200" referred to the S&W Model 41. Sorry for the confusion. I have no idea what the MSRP runs on these new items.

I have a S&W 22a with the longer barrel. It has a creepy trigger but it doesn't pull hard. You just never know for sure how far into the pull it will fire. This is not necessarily a bad thing. It makes me concentrate on the hold and wait for it to break. I actually shoot it better than my MKII competition at the moment which I have a tendency to yank a bit. As I get better with the trigger, I am sure that I will shoot as well or better with the Ruger.
    My point being that off a rest, both my Ruger and my 22a shoot the same groups at 10 and 20 yards for me. Assuming the barrels on the 22 victory are as good as the ones on the 22a, accuracy should be no issue at all.
    If the 22 victory was wearing a longer barrel, I would have brought it home anyway, just to see how well I could shoot it.