MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Ordered a Lyman Mag 25

Boolit Master

Ordered a Lyman Mag 25

So it seems I always need some sort of alloy mix that isn't in my pot. I shoot black powder, pistol and rifle. I cut my linotype stash differently between rifle and pistol. I have actually learned that you can make a lead bullet too hard for its intended purpose. Man I hate draining and cleaning pots out. There's always the danger I'm going to get crud in the valve and it's going to get stuck open. I did that once with disastrous results. It ended up taking a journey across the country to visit RCBS.

I've always been an RCBS Pro-Melt guy and was ready to just buy a second one when I saw the price....whoa! I guess the price has risen a bit since I bought mine 25 years ago. Lets rethink cleaning the old one out again.

(Please continue reading for ridiculous rationalization)
    Then I saw that Brownells has a small sale on the Lyman Mag 25. I also had a $20 off coupon and I was an edge member so I had free shipping. I already had a Savage ejector retaining pin in my cart ($2.99). So it was completely reasonable to add the Lyman Mag 25. Heck...it was almost free after all that! Righ?, Right?

So I added the $272.00 retail...$241 on sale... -$20 +free shipping Mag 25 to the $2.99 retaining pin and pulled the trigger...so to speak.

The Mag 25 seems to be getting good reviews, is a bit bigger than a Pro-Melt, has a built in PID and is a good deal cheaper to boot. I had to do it. Don't you see? I had to!
    [

Boolit Master

Just goes to show you that casting is an addiction lol
    Gun Control means hitting what you aim at!

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    Life Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the Disabled American Veterans Association