Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: RCBS stands behind their products

RCBS stands behind their products

i bought a pro-trim 10 years ago broke the handle screw off in the shaft tried to drill out the screw and then broke an easy out in it ....... called RCBS in Oroville Ca. they are sending a replacement shaft and screw , today in the mail no ???s asked outstanding service in my opinion they have warranted for me 3 items in the last 5 years and it has always been easy . thanks RCBS fo being a great company ....
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

mods please move this to reloading hand tools thanks
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Yes, they're great. For many tools I opt to pay a smidgen more than orange or red so I have RCBS backing its quality. Here's an example: I use an RCBS Lube-a-matic II for sizing and lubing my boolits. I bought it used. After maybe 7 or 8 years of use it began to have problems. The T-handle on top that you turn to make the lube flow stopped turning. I use a lube heater, and I allowed it plenty of time, sometimes HOURS, to pre-heat the lube. I pulled the sizing die and cleaned the lube holes. Nothing would make that handle turn unless I added a cheater bar.

I contacted RCBS and they had me send it to them. I provided all my contact information so they could tell me what the repair was going to cost, but a month later it showed up at my door. They had replaced the entire T-handle mechanism, including the internal parts (I.e. the big bolt that goes down inside the hole in a tube of lube, etc.). I emailed and asked what the bill was, and they refused to take any money, citing their warranty. I even reminded them that I had bought it used, and they insisted on taking nothing -- the warranty is on the life of the tool, not just for the first owner.

Wow. I only had to pay to ship it one way and it works like new. That was four or five years ago, and it's still churning out boolits.

Most importantly, RCBS has a very loyal customer now. Yes, I own tools from all the major reloading manufacturers, but anything that has moving parts or may wear out, I pay a little bit more to get the green one, knowing they will back it. Plus I have no problem plugging for them with this story on the internet, so other reloaders / casters are encouraged to buy from them, too. Great job, RCBS. Being honest and standing behind your product is almost a lost art anymore, but it's the best form of marketing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mac266 View Post
    Yes, they're great. For many tools I opt to pay a smidgen more than orange or red so I have RCBS backing its quality. Here's an example: I use an RCBS Lube-a-matic II for sizing and lubing my boolits. I bought it used. After maybe 7 or 8 years of use it began to have problems. The T-handle on top that you turn to make the lube flow stopped turning. I use a lube heater, and I allowed it plenty of time, sometimes HOURS, to pre-heat the lube. I pulled the sizing die and cleaned the lube holes. Nothing would make that handle turn unless I added a cheater bar.

I contacted RCBS and they had me send it to them. I provided all my contact information so they could tell me what the repair was going to cost, but a month later it showed up at my door. They had replaced the entire T-handle mechanism, including the internal parts (I.e. the big bolt that goes down inside the hole in a tube of lube, etc.). I emailed and asked what the bill was, and they refused to take any money, citing their warranty. I even reminded them that I had bought it used, and they insisted on taking nothing -- the warranty is on the life of the tool, not just for the first owner.

Wow. I only had to pay to ship it one way and it works like new. That was four or five years ago, and it's still churning out boolits.

Most importantly, RCBS has a very loyal customer now. Yes, I own tools from all the major reloading manufacturers, but anything that has moving parts or may wear out, I pay a little bit more to get the green one, knowing they will back it. Plus I have no problem plugging for them with this story on the internet, so other reloaders / casters are encouraged to buy from them, too. Great job, RCBS. Being honest and standing behind your product is almost a lost art anymore, but it's the best form of marketing!!!
    yep me to,I have had same experience, and we'll do the same. They simply can't be beat.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER