Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Any new on Lab Radar availability dates?

Boolit Grand Master

My base plate came in from Midway today, will score a memory card tomorrow and hope to give it a try this weekend. I was getting ready to order one from LabRadar but got an e-mail from Midway and jumped on it quickly enough (finally) to get one last week. I'm looking forward to retiring my Chrony. A busy range is no place to be dinking around in front of the bench and I didn't get much use out of it.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    The unit will accept 32gig max. I was warned by the folks at LabRadar that people have more luck with the slower SD cards than the faster....stay away from the 10's and get a 4. I think I paid $6 from Amazon for a 16gig 4. It's my understanding that it would be almost impossible to fill even a 4gig. I think they said a 4gig would hold 10,000 shots. However, the 4gig 4 SD card was more expensive than the 16gig 4.
    [

Boolit Master

Yay! Got the email today that my LabRadar has shipped! Along with the case, baseplate, airgun bracket and archery trigger adapter. I'll have it in my hot hands on Tuesday, and will be playing with it during next Saturdays BPCR match. Already have my 12,000 maH USB power supply charged up, and a whole pile of old 8 gig 4x USB cards from an old camera.
    Real curious to see how far out it can see a 535 grain money bullet out of a 45-70.
    May have to bring a few extra rifles with me to play with after the match...
    Last edited by Baja_Traveler; 04-29-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Cast Hunter

Got mine from today from Midway...WooHoo!! Hope to get to the range this week and try it out. This will be a welcome change from the Chrony.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Grand Master

Took mine to the range today. Major fail. Pretty sure it was operator error, it was a bad day at the range but nobody got hurt. Won't go into it now but can only assume a rapidly flashing blue diode is not a good sign.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    Got notified mine is on it's way today...

Must not think it's Christmas... Must not think it's Christmas...
    I can not know what I don't know.

Boolit Grand Master

When the light on mine flashes it a warnin it going to go to sleep or need to be rearmed depending on color.

Boolit Grand Master

It's the blue light. Haven't had time to review the manual or call but sent a quick e-mail today. Manual is very good, this is one giant step up from my Beta Chrony....but then again, it's probably close to 30 yrs old.

Boolit Grand Master

Got a quick and detailed response from Richard Mouser @ Labradar today, I think he's got the solution for me. User error, just as I suspected. He told me he suspected the Labradar wasn't happy with the memory card and he was right. Seems I bought a 2-piece memory card and neglected to put the little part in the big part. Apparently the big piece is merely an adapter. Without the little part the big part is dumb as a rock and the smart Labradar wouldn't have anything to do with it. At least that's the way I understand it, lol.
    Looks to me like Labradar has a top-shelf product and world-class customer service.

Boolit Grand Master

LOL, I have a bunch of those MicroSD cards left over from old phones. Still have an adapter or two as well. But I went out and bought a SD card for it anyway

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    LOL, I have a bunch of those MicroSD cards left over from old phones. Still have an adapter or two as well. But I went out and bought a SD card for it anyway

I always say I shouldn't have bought a smart phone, my old phone was smarter than I am, lol. Have you had your Labradar out for another session?

Cast Hunter

I've had my shiny new toy out 3 times within the last week. Only fired 2 different guns so far and the Labradar worked like a charm. I shot my .41 mag Ruger BH with 240 gn & 250 gn cast and my Tikka T3 Super lite in 7mm Rem mag with 140 gn j-bullets. Its easy enough to operate and set up is very quick. So much nicer to deal with compared to my Chrony beta.

Velocities also seemed more consistent than my Chrony. I was rather pleased to see that I only had a 9 FPS spread on my 7mm mag loads. Again, no issues at all. Worked as advertised.

image upload
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Grand Master

Wow! 9 fps is almost as good as a BP load. Good job!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Have you had your Labradar out for another session?
    No, I've been to busy on the weekends to make it out to the range. I'm only scheduled to work ok Thursday this coming week. That means I will be on tech support the other days. My phone works at one of the ranges which means I can answer calls in between strings

Boolit Grand Master

Hoping to try mine again Sunday, have a trap shoot in the morning but if the weather holds we'll shoot rifles Sunday.

Boolit Grand Master

Wow, this thing is awesome! Doing load development today and it was an eye-opening experience! So much data from every shot! Three loads tested came in as expected. One was a surprise, 200fps faster than I SWAG'd. Still studying on that one, lol.

Boolit Buddy
    UPS says mine should be delivered today. I hope the weather is fine next weekend for some range time.
    I can not know what I don't know.

Boolit Grand Master

That should give you some time to read the manual and familiarize yourself with it before your range trip, Jim. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RugerFan View Post
    I've had my shiny new toy out 3 times within the last week. Only fired 2 different guns so far and the Labradar worked like a charm. I shot my .41 mag Ruger BH with 240 gn & 250 gn cast and my Tikka T3 Super lite in 7mm Rem mag with 140 gn j-bullets. Its easy enough to operate and set up is very quick. So much nicer to deal with compared to my Chrony beta.

Velocities also seemed more consistent than my Chrony. I was rather pleased to see that I only had a 9 FPS spread on my 7mm mag loads. Again, no issues at all. Worked as advertised.

image upload
    I have a question how do you shoot it if it's sitting beside you.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaLar View Post
    I have a question how do you shoot it if it's sitting beside you.
    That's easy...someone else shoots it.
    [