Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Any new on Lab Radar availability dates?

Boolit Master
    Winelover, I had trouble reading my 22lr out of a rifle and Richard Mouser said to try shooting it using the pistol setting because the velocities were low, and it worked. Also make sure the unit is even with the muzzle or slightly in front, and play with the offset feature.

Boolit Mold
    Got mine today and within 5 minutes I was on the range recording speeds. Easy to use and indoors it worked great even with 9 other people shooting. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	162305

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I got a small inheritance coming. Not much to even do anything fun with, but this just may fill that bill. I'll be able to get this and the battery pack and the case. And still have some left over for a good dinner.

Sure beats setting up screens.
    I can not know what I don't know.

Boolit Grand Master

When a fellow club member and I can get together were going to shoot his rifle with the magnetospeed chrony on it and over the lab radar both together same shot bieng read twice. May even set up a chrony with skyscreens also three reading from the same shot. Should be interesting to see results

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Highwall View Post
    Winelover, I had trouble reading my 22lr out of a rifle and Richard Mouser said to try shooting it using the pistol setting because the velocities were low, and it worked. Also make sure the unit is even with the muzzle or slightly in front, and play with the offset feature.
    Tried handgun setting...no dice with Rossi but read everyone of those loads out of the Python. Also tried variable distances from unit to muzzle. My range is slightly down hill....but we compensate for that by tilting the unit with their optional base mount. Puzzling, in that it has no problem reading the 158 grain loads but balks at the 115 and 180 grain loadings.....using the muzzle in the same distances??????

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Just talked to LabRadar and they said they were confident I'll get mine in April...my order number is 1987....
    [

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Tried handgun setting...no dice with Rossi but read everyone of those loads out of the Python. Also tried variable distances from unit to muzzle. My range is slightly down hill....but we compensate for that by tilting the unit with their optional base mount. Puzzling, in that it has no problem reading the 158 grain loads but balks at the 115 and 180 grain loadings.....using the muzzle in the same distances??????

Winelover
    Have you played with the sensitivity settings? Mine had no problem with 115gr down to 900fps in the handgun mode. Haven't done any rifle stuff yet.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    Just talked to LabRadar and they said they were confident I'll get mine in April...my order number is 1987....
    Durn, I wonder who was 1911???

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishmike View Post
    Have you played with the sensitivity settings? Mine had no problem with 115gr down to 900fps in the handgun mode. Haven't done any rifle stuff yet.
    Sensitivity is at 1....which is supposedly the most sensitive.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master

Any new on Lab Radar availability dates?

Had mine out on Monday. Not to happy w/ it's performance. Everything was set properly. I was shooting a NOE 403-200 out a G20SF. So it's a big bullet moving at a good pace, but not enough to warrant the rifle setting. Kept getting tracking errors. I shot seven, ten shot, strings. Most shots recorded was nine. Average was four out of ten.

No clue what was up because I was following the instructions precisely. And I was the only one shooting. I will give it another try before I make a call to them. But my initial outing was not smooth like in the videos.

Kind of upset w/ the way it lays the data out in a spreadsheet as well. All the info is there. But it would have been nice if it was presented better. This is a minor issue. I spent time copying and pasting it into another file for record keeping purposes.

Boolit Grand Master

I taped a piece of 3/16"ID tubing 3" long into the aiming notch on mine after first use. This makes aiming the unit much easier and precise. Second time out It was set up and ran great. Getting them aimed properly is important. Also before firing make sure it is still "armed" and the blue light is on.

Boolit Man
    I ordered mine mine on 27 February and they said it should ship in April. Order number is 2502.
    Can't wait to see how fast those .715 calibre lead balls travel out of a Brown Bess....and how fast I can get them to go.

Banned

"I ordered mine mine on 27 February and they said it should ship in April. Order number is 2502."

I am order # 2352, so that is good news. Hope I don't experience the problems members are having and reporting in this thread.

Boolit Master
    Just received an email saying my unit would be shipping soon. They wanted to make sure my credit card info was still good. I called them and they confirmed they did send this email and said the unit should ship the first or second week of April.
    [

Boolit Buddy
    What was your order number? Just trying to gauge where and how fast they are.

Banned

^^^ Post # 66

"Just talked to LabRadar and they said they were confident I'll get mine in April...my order number is 1987...."

Boolit Master
    Hey Jmort...are you sure your umber is 1987? 'Cause, my number is:
    Invoice #: 0000001987

This is right off my receipt.
    [

Banned

^^^ I referenced post # 66, your post, and quoted it verbatim. Just trying to help, thought it was clear, but apparently not so much. My post, # 73 states:

"I am order # 2352, so that is good news. Hope I don't experience the problems members are having and reporting in this thread."

Boolit Buddy
    So, if you invoice number is not your order number, what - call them?

Boolit Grand Master

I wouldn't worry. My numbers didn't match but I received my unit.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast