Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A 9 year old boy needs some prayers

Moderator Emeritus

Amen. The real power of prayer astounds us when we allow ourselves to see it in action. I'll never cease to be awed by it, and the real power it can display. It's the most humbling thing I know.My little Down's syndrome cousin is one remarkable little lady, and it was her parents' faith that helped bring it about. And deniers STILL can't allow themselves to believe! HAR! If THAT isn't sheer willfulness, what could be?

Moderator Emeritus

Father, Hank is home due to his healing through You. Please increase his strength and hasten his healing. Father, I love You and know that all is possible through You! Watch over Hank and his family. In Your Name I pray. Amen
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Prayer sent for Hank and family.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edler7 View Post
    My cousin's 9 year old son Hank suffered some kind of neurological event during an asthma attack. His heart and breathing stopped during the attack. He has been unresponsive for a week, but is now breathing on his own. The doctors are not sure what happened, and will only say he has significant brain damage.

Prayers for him and his family would be greatly appreciated.
    I wanted to remind everyone how far this child has come since this opening post was put up . Hank is making progress , GOD is with him . Keep helping him through your ability to do so with prayer .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Still praying for Hank and family.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord thank you for the miracles you have done. You are truly an awesome God

We can't leave the job undone . Hank has a long road ahead but we can pave it with prayer . Keep him in your heart .

Boolit Master
    Will do Boaz, will do.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    Update on Hank from his mom:

Hank is home and doing well. His transition to home was smooth, now just trying to get back in to rehab schedules, follow up appointments, and has had a few visits to his school. He was happy and encouraged to see his friends at school, who have been SO supportive.
    Hanks attitude continues to be good, even though there are still many challenges that he faces daily. His vision is still very difficult. Occasionally he can catch a glimpse of things and can tell what they are. It's hard to say exactly what he can see, but the optometrist compared it to always trying to see through a plastic bag. With cortical vision impairment, It is hard to dicipher one object from its surroundings. This greatly impacts his walking, as well as his hand eye coordination, motor skills, and makes it hard for him to know who is talking to him especially in a crowd of people.
    There are still many, many praises!
    Mom and Hank have figured out how to walk with mom only having to hold hanks hand. His gait is a little unsteady sometimes, but overall he is strong and determined. He walks over to the neighbors with a little help, which is a couple hundred feet. And stands for as long as he wants with someone there to balance if needed.
    Hank got his feeding tube removed today! He hasn't used it for food in a long time, so they took it out!
    The list of things we have to be thankful for far outweigh the deficits right now, even though some of the deficits are hard, and seem really big sometimes, we know God is bigger and He is still at work.
    As a family we totally trust God for healing and it is a day to day journey of just giving it over to Him, and knowing that He's got this, and giving thanks for what he has done.

What a brave kid !

Thanks to you all for your prayers. I know they have made a difference in this child's life.
    The enemy of good is better.

Thank you for keeping us updated that we can ask our Lord for his help . Still praying .

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord touch the weakness and bring the final steps of healing to complete this miracle. To God be all honor and praise for He is a mighty God.
    Amen

Moderator Emeritus

+1 with Boaz and I think we all feel the same. It is truly inspiring to see God's hand and power at work in this world. Many deny that God even cares, but we who have bothered to open our eyes and see, have seen it repeatedly and clearly. God truly does "work in mysterious ways, His wonders to fulfill." Thanks Elder for keeping us posted on his progress. It matters. No matter how strong our faith and reliance may be, who among us can't be moved and awed by seeing the work of His healing hand?

Moderator Emeritus

I can never see this thread without thinking about the Shriners' saying, "A man never stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child." I've never heard a more undeniable truth in my life, anywhere. Thanks again for this amazing story of an amazing young man. May God continue lending him His mighty Hand.

Lord be with Hank today and help his situation improve . Help his parents cope with this hard time , give them strength and encouragement. Stay with this family . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen

God help this child . Give him your strength of healing . Help him to know you , stay close to him . He is part of your plan . Be with Hank and all that love him . Provide for him Lord . In your holy name I ask . Amen

Lord please help Hank with all his problems . Improve him in all ways , give him your help . Provide support for the family . Stay with them and lead them . Thank you . In Jesus name I ask . Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Keep holding his hand and leading him and supporting him, and keep him happy, I pray.

Lord help Hank . Consider his needs and give him your help Lord . Help him in all ways . Be close to him and his family with your guidance in all aspects of their lives . Let Hank be able to be a testimony to your love and care . Thank you Lord . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Lord help Hank . Consider his needs and give him your help Lord . Help him in all ways . Be close to him and his family with your guidance in all aspects of their lives . Let Hank be able to be a testimony to your love and care . Thank you Lord . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen
    Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    It's been a long while, but I have an update on Hank.

He's back in school and doing pretty good. He has some memory difficulties, mostly with past-present-future type of stuff. Seems he has trouble differentiating between them. His eyesight is back to about 50%, some days more, some days a little less...but slowly and steadily improving. He had to learn to walk again but is getting around well. He goes over to the neighbors and plays with his friends, and dad says he just keeps going all day long.

Mostly, he is just a 10 year old boy that isn't going to let a few little difficulties slow him down.

Thank you all for your part in his recovery, I know first hand it was greatly appreciated.
    The enemy of good is better.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast