RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FREE !!! Gun locks from V.A.

Boolit Buddy

FREE !!! Gun locks from V.A.

Sure makes me go Hmmmm. What are my fellow vets thoughts.Gun Locks V.A.0001.pdfGun Locks V.A.0001.pdf
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Vendor Sponsor

so by requesting these locks the VA knows you have guns ..
    not me ..
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    It's required that each gun you buy in MO (federally?) has a gun lock, so I've got a whole coffee can full of them anyway.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    not a vet but I'm going to reply anyway . . .

"free"????? Nothing in this life is free and if the government is giving these away (i.e. V.A.) then every taxpayer in the US is footing the bill. I am a great supporter of vets, programs to benefit them and their families, etc. . . but gun locks?

I think Smoke4320 has the jest of it all . . . .

God Bless the Vets! But as a taxpayer, I feel that they shouldn't be in the business of providing gun locks nor "collecting data" on who they are given to . . . they should be in the business of cleaning up their act and the corruption that exists in the V.A. and concentrate on providing good medial care and needed benefits to the Vets, their families or survivors.

Just my 2 cents worth . . . .

Boolit Buddy

BBB, I didn't intend to exclude anyone. My son received that letter today and with things the way they are with disarming Vets thru V.A. treachery I was looking for EVERYONE'S thoughts. Couldn't agree more with your post.

noun, plural treacheries. 1. violation of faith; betrayal of trust; treason.

2. an act of perfidy, faithlessness, or treason.
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    If anyone is wanting a free cable gun lock, the National Sports Shooting Foundation gives cable locks to local law enforcement agencies, who then pass them on for free to anyone who asks. Through this program, my agency gives out at least 100 locks a year. We don't ask for ID or anything. No records are kept at my agency about who gets a lock(s).

Boolit Master
    just another way to make a list for when they want to round up the guns.

Boolit Master

I would be leary of any one that has locks and wants name,address.Several different places here just hand them out.LGS and other places.You may go to the local sheriffs office and get them.The last one I got a deputy brought them here at the house and asked if I could use them.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    so by requesting these locks the VA knows you have guns ..
    not me ..
    "With things the way they are with disarming Vets thru V.A."

My sentiments exactly!
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Just spent the day yesterday at Fort Wayne VA Hospital. Saw nothing about gun locks. They "the Government" already knows I'm a gun owner, those that think differently just have no idea what they know about you.

Ever buy a hunting license?
    Ever apply for a carry license?
    Ever buy a firearm of any kind from a retail outlet?
    Ever use your credit card to pay for ammo?
    Ever purchase anything related over the internet?

How long do you wish the list to be, this is only the start.

Matter of fact my eye Dr. at the VA already knows this.

I know, I know, WACO, I already posted this before.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Heck, our local police pass out gun locks, and they also know I have guns!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Buckeye Bandit - no offense taken at all . . . . .

Many years ago, when I worked ambulance, we often transferred patients to several VA Hospitals . . . this was probably over 40 years ago and many of those were WWI vets. The hospitals, even back then, were not the most "pleasant" places and it always bothered me . . . my Lodge has several who are retired and transport vets to and from the VA . . in fact, we have in the past asked and collected such things as clothes, new underwear, socks, etc. to send to the VA Hospital as there is a need by many of them not having decent clothes to even leave the hospital when discharged to go home.

This past year, we had to apply for VA widow assistance for my 94 year old mother-in-law to supplement her assisted living room & board as her assets are getting down there and she needed it . . . my wife was even thinking of taking her social security early and using that to supplement the costs. Fortunately, we had very good help from a young Gulf War vet who works for the Veteran's Council in a nearby city. He went the full mile to get her every penny he could and God bless him for that! We had to wait for four months . . . better than what it used to be as we were told 6 months to a year sometimes to be approved. If finally came through . . . we still haven't seen the retroactive though which is supposed to be paid back to date of application.

What disturbs me . . . in particular with the elderly WWII generation which is fast passing . . both vets and their dependent widows . . . is that many of them need the assistance "now" . . . not six months from now when they could be dead but still responsible for the cost of their care. My father-in-law went in to N. Africa as a replacement in the 34th Division and then the invasion of Italy . . then to Germany. He "earned" every penny of assistance that either he or his wife could get. The same for any vet or their family and dependents. Not to "carry on" . . . it just irritates the heck out of me when I see things such as this . . . instead of playing games to get information, etc., . . . do the job they are supposed to do and stop playing politics. What disturbs me even more is that I have heard that the government has spent money to buy and hang curtains to cover the altars, etc. in some of the chapels at VA facilities . . . after all, you wouldn't want to force religion on anybody or offend anyone . . . wouldn't be politically correct. How many they have done I don' know but I had a older friend from Lodge who is retired Navy, send me an e-mail a while back with a picture - supposed to have been taken in a Michigan facility.

As my old Marine friend, who was like a second dad to me used to say . . . "we need a few like Chesty Puller to take charge in Washington and straighten things out . . . ". I have to agree with him on that! LOL

My best to all of you who served . . .

Boolit Grand Master

When I buy a new firearm I am given one. Some stores even make you sign a separate form saying you were given one. They are tossed in the trash when I get home. Last time I checked a safe was a secure location. And a firearm that's out of the safe and has a lock on it is an expensive brick. A brick that's actually more useless than a real brick :laugh:

Boolit Master

You get them when you buy a new gun. I've got a great Ruger lock on my shop door. I gave my son an NEF lock for the U-haul truck when he moved some stuff down south. I save them all .
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

I got my letter about 6 months ago. It went into the trash.
    I don't trust them. That's why I've never filed for PTSD. The same goes for several of my buddies.
    It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees!

Banned

they are just leftovers from the UN police action in he middle east.

Boolit Master
    If they wanted to be real nice, they could provide you with a "free" app to help you keep track of serial numbers. I wish I knew how to do the purple font from my phone.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tommag View Post
    If they wanted to be real nice, they could provide you with a "free" app to help you keep track of serial numbers. I wish I knew how to do the purple font from my phone.
    Don't give them any ideas. Surely some jack wagon libtard gun grabber will come up with that too.

When I buy a firearm in Mi. I stop in at Meijers and p/u a trigger lock, then go to the dealer and buy the gun, then return the trigger lock to Meijers.

No hassle that way, I have to have a receipt for the lock to get the gun from the dealer, otherwise I would just bring my own lock.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry scarney View Post
    If anyone is wanting a free cable gun lock, the National Sports Shooting Foundation gives cable locks to local law enforcement agencies, who then pass them on for free to anyone who asks. Through this program, my agency gives out at least 100 locks a year. We don't ask for ID or anything. No records are kept at my agency about who gets a lock(s).
    I've got a box of these sitting by the door to my office at the PD for anyone to grab as many as they want. I don't ask names, or keep lists, and if ever asked who got them, I just don't recall squat. As far as I'm concerned, people use them as locks on their gates to keep their livestock contained. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. And when the current box runs out, I have two more in the closet. What can I say, I'm a fan of NOT chasing people's loose cattle off the roads and highways, cause there's been a few times a couple bulls around here have decided it was more fun to do the herding than to be herded. Yep, purely for livestock containment. No one around here has any guns, not a one. I swear!

As to asking the VA for a lock, the first few years they would send me anything, I would send it back with a note to please forget I exist because our contract is over and done with, and I don't owe them a thing and they don't owe me a thing either. Last few years, anything and everything they send automatically goes in the trash. And based on what I remember from my time in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club, a "gun" has one of two possible meanings. First off, it is a large caliber smoothbore artillery piece mounted on a ship, and since I don't even own a ship to mount a "gun" on, I surely don't have any need for a "gun" lock. The other meaning, well, everybody sing along with me... "this is my rifle, this is my gun..." And they can't play with that one either, lock or no lock.
    Last edited by Lonegun1894; 01-07-2016 at 04:35 AM.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast