Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any women here?

Any women here?

I was wondering if we have any women here that cast or is it just a "guy thing".

Banned

my wife reads the forum pretty often
    but she can only run the master-caster and the starrs
    she don't do the hands on stuff yet, bet it will change when that mold for her rifle gets here.

Boolit Buddy
    I think ladies would enjoy our hobby as well as we do providing they get our encouagement, they are as well as our childern are our future of our sport, my daughter enjoys casting with me, shooting , and reloading , shelearned how to add subtreact multiply and divide, buy reloading and casting with me , my wife just likes to cast, and burn up ammo, real funny thing is she's sweat on AR's oh well, get this she just bought for our 15 years wedding anniversery, to mounts and pistol scopes to mount our mosins. I don't know what to get her! any suggestions girls. kjg

Boolit Grand Master

I know I've seen a few report in here but eithey they don't frenquent the board as much, they just read and don't reply so much or we just don't realize they are ladies. But like kjg said they are the future of our sport and now adays we need all the support, especially women. Alot of the anti's I figure are just uneducated in the shooting sports!
    Aim small, miss small!

Smile

Don't let Molly fool you.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Buddy James C. Snodgrass's Avatar

Girls

I tell ya fellas if my daghter who like (klg's) learns everything about shootin figures out ( my shootin sites) I'll never get to get on the dang computer. Lets be careful what we wish for. James

Boolit Master
    Trust me teaching kids math with reloading is better than what I did.

Seems the kids were having a little trouble adding, 2 girls and a boy, got out a deck of cards. wife found us playing blackjack instead of watching cartoons!

As long as they don't have to add past 21 thier still pretty good at it!

In Remebrance

Many, many moons ago we had a nice lady and her husband who posted here or on Aimoo, don't recall their names. They left after "the boys" decided they didn't like having a girl around. I was quite disgusted over the whole thing. Funny bit is the guys who created the ruckus all ended up leaving later.

I remember that, but a bit differently. They were with us for a very short time and made very few posts. And those seemed to be about their excuse for a dog French Poodle. He was typing but her lips were moving, no question who wore the pants in that family. I don't believe he was a caster. She did get upset after someone posted a joke or ribald comment, the likes of which we see every day here. It was hardly a ruckus, but the poster has since moved on, as has the offended couple. Not defending anyone (I don't remember who the poster was) but I'd bet the poster contributed more to the site than Mr. Milquetoast.

Banned

i wish you guys could get my old lady interested. hell if i could get her to cast it would about double the time id have to shoot.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    i wish you guys could get my old lady interested. hell if i could get her to cast it would about double the time id have to shoot.
    My Old Lady HATES it when I refer to her as "My Old Lady" - so it's just as well that she doesn't hang out on this board. What with all of the lawn tools (not to mention the stacks of lead & alloy) there ain't enough room for sleeping in the backyard shed.

Uncle R.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

Biznessl caster

I believe that at one time we had a for profit business lady caster posting on occasion..Best I can recall she moved from Paradise,CA,to leave that area to the druggie invaders,and went somewhere in Tx. Haven't heard/seen anything from her in quite some time--probably another casualty of the price escalation in raw material... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Scrounger sez:"--but I'd bet the poster contributed more to the site than Mr.Milquetoast ".. We talking $, B.S., or that all powerful "post count" this time..?? (I do remember what this guy called himself ) Onceabull

I don't remember the "offending" poster's name but I do remember one person who didn't think they'd be missed (as I said above) was ... I can't remember his name, dang it. When he first came in, we all thought he was Blue Dot. He was a bit nettlesome but he did contribute, I think he even ran a Group Buy. He hasn't posted in several years, last we heard, he'd gotten a traveling job and was posting from various hotels. Wish I could remember his name but that's not the point. The point is, the couple who fled in anger didn't offer a thing to the board, in knowledge or entertainment. I stand by my conviction that they were not even shooters, much less casters. And their actions pretty much proved it. I seriously doubt there are any females out there who enjoy casting. There may be a few doing it because they have to, but I can't believe they enjoy it. Don't take this as a statement that I don't want any women in here, I could care less about the sexual inclination of anyone here, I am more concerned with their intelligence.
    Editing: OK, I ran it down. The guy I'm thinking of is "oldfeller".

The couple with few posts, don't recall their name. She was asked about her gender and she replied with her height,weight,hair color etc and was all woman. I gave her a PM with a link to castpics and said she should post her picture---this was unique having a female caster. She came back on the board as if I had requested a full frontal nude shot. Now had she done that,it would not have offended me. But it was not even remotely hinted at. But her post on the board were very accusing of me. She never posted on the board otherwise. But she did send me PM and appologize. She quit posting on the board. Year or two later she would send me PM as to how I was doing and everything hunky dorey. Is that how hunkey dorey is spelled? Never seen it written. There was another couple and they too got highly offended by some minor thing and made big deal about their exit. They had like 3 posts---none to do with casting,shooting,ingot molds, custom mold buy,cats,sheep, or anything remotely of interest.

PGBsuperior

The lady commercial caster I mentioned last post here is still registered under handle shown in title..No post here since fall of '06 and the website shown in profile is a dead link.. The move from Paradise,Ca, to Ranger,Tx, was also in '06... Let's hear from you, Amy ??? Onceabull

Boolit Bub
    Im tring to get the old lady interested in casting. She quizes me on it but dont want to try it without a hazmat suit!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2_ew2_002 (Small).jpg  

My missus just laughs at me - so do a lot of people for that matter - and thinks it is a bit sad that a bunch of people can get excited over lead. But then she watches CSI what can I say.
    Do, or do not. There is no try.
    Yoda

In Remebrance

The ones I recall were cowboy action shooters. Can't remember the handle. But I do remember that the "boys" went a bit over board. It wasn't needed.

Uh geez I'm goin to take a beatin here, but what the ell...Guys, we pay for this sight. Let me explain what that means to me. Answering to no one. Not even sponsors. and not having to watch what I say. Theres freedom here. Now go to any other sight and see if you find that freedom. Now bring another gender here and see if you find that freedom here *Freedom boys*. THINK ABOUT IT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast