RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What you like to own vs what you like to shoot

Banned

What you like to own vs what you like to shoot

For me I like to shoot Muzzleloaders,good European airguns and ,oddball single shots.
    I like to own my AK's, CZ Scorpion,Various home defense shotguns etc...
    I find less enjoyment shooting the latter but
    "Have" to own those types of guns.

Boolit Master
    Got the black rifles but I enjoy shooting my revolvers and lately suppressed 22s

Banned

for some reason I keep on attracting the ugliest bubba'd up milsurp rifles on the planet. [some don't even work]
    I don't remember buying most of them, I think some just wandered in to get warm then multiplied on their own.

I mostly enjoy shooting lever guns, and target rifles with cast boolits though.

Banned
    I got a bunch of those sub $100 bubba rifles. it's a joy to be out with those with cast bullets and once in a while out shooting guys with their really high and Jacketed bullet guns.

Love a 30-06 garand, or an m1a1 in 308. But i shoot a 308 black rifle and a sks and a. 10 mm glock
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

30-06 Garand & Model 700.

600 yards has become boring
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Master

When I am shooting off the bench to develop a good load or check out a new firearm, I tend to be too serious, too concerned, too "business-like" and it can take away some of the enjoyment. But after everything gets sorted out and shooting well, that's when I really have fun and it is stress reliever.

I love to shoot a good lever action with a tang sight at long ranges. The milk jug with water is a favorite target placed at various distances. My M1A NM is a favorite at extreme ranges, I like to keep clicking in the sights and "walk the bullets in" until I start connecting. The peep sights on the Garand and the M1A are amazing.

For handguns, I love shooting my two Ruger New Model Vaqueros in .45 Colt. I can shoot them without painful recoil, and they just "feel right" in my hands.

My AR's and AK 47 are always fun, and I prefer my Arsenal Arms AK in 5.45x39. Very Accurate rifle and extremely low recoil.

What would I like to own? A nice Sharps in 45/70. I have a Pedersoli Sharps Berdan "paper-cutter" and would like a brass cartridge Sharp's to go with it.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

I, like the cbashooter, love to shoot traditional Muzzle Loaders. My opinion of an assault rifle is a caplock instead of a flintter.

Now I have to own my revolvers. Cap & ball single action double action, just have to have them.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master

I used to just go to the rifle range for some peace and quiet, when I lived close to a free DNR supported range. Now it is not as simple as that. It was fun to help guys kill the pop cans that they were trying to scare to death with their new guns while I was using old well used looking guns and home made ammo.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Banned
    As for what I like to shoot I go through phases; right now it seems to be revolvers. Because the phases change it is prudent to have all of the other types of firearms on hand for that inevitable change.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'd like one of the replica single shot Springfield or Sharps trapdoor rifles with the target sights.
    .45-70 or .40-65.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Moderator Emeritus

Good post, and there IS a distinction between what we LIKE to shoot, and what we NEED to shoot. For me, I love long range rifle shooting, and for that, have a blueprintee M-700 with custom heavy barrel in .260 Rem. I NEED to keep my hand in with my hunting rifles, and like to try new loads with them and keep the sights checked out for POI. My first love, I guess, if I had to pick just one, would have to be my handguns, .45 auto, DA revolvers mostly in .357 or .38, and my SA's. Of the lot, I like shooting the SA's best. Managing that long hammer fall is getting to be more of a challenge with each passing year it seems, and I've always liked challenges. I'd have to pick that as my great favorite, but the .45 auto in spur of the moment "combat" scenarios sure is a lot of fun, not to mention humbling at times. This post makes me ashamed because I really need to get out there again and refresh what used to be my skills once!

Boolit Master
    I guess I'm the odd ball as what I like to own is what I like to shoot. If I'm not shooting something then it gets moved out to fund something I will shoot.

The one exception is 22rf, good ammo is still scarce up here so I haven't had the rimfires to the range in awhile and they're not going anywhere.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have guns that I don't like to shoot. I have several I don't get to shoot enough but that's a matter of finding the free time to get to the range. I seem to gravitate to the odd ones that require some level of case forming; 400 Whelen, 222 Rimmed, 6mmx222, 25 Remington, 256 Mannlicher (6.5x53R), 401 Powermag. I get a lot of enjoyment from researching the history of a cartridge, locating components, forming brass, working up loads and finally using it in the field. This year I finally scored a cow moose with my 400 Whelen after a few years of building and load development and a couple of unsuccessful years of moose hunting. That brought me a lot of joy to finally take some game with Colonel Whelen old wildcat.
    Only left handed guns are interesting!

Boolit Master
    I like my black rifles...but I honestly don't shoot them much.

Boolit Master
    I like Remington 510's and Remington 700's and have several of each.

And S&W revolvers of any persuasion...
    USMC 6638

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    LOVE long guns and revolvers of all kinds and cals.

HATE semiautomatic pistols with a passion. "If you can't get 'er done is 6 shots....give up & throw the gun at them!"

banger

Boolit Grand Master

I enjoy a good service rifle match with the M1A, a well tuned garang or Ar. I am really enjoying the bpcr sihlouette matches with my hepburn, CPA stevens or sharps alot also. I also enjoy the various handguns really enjoy a day out with the 1911 in 38 spl. light recoil extremely accurate, just plain fun. But my top wanted rifle would be a earlier ( 19002-1930s) Holland and Holland double rifle in 500 nitro or one of the big english "stopping" calibers. Just something about the lines balance and overall looks that makes them so appealing to me.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I'm with a couple of the posters...I don't own a gun I don't enjoy shooting. I have at times owned ones to try out but they don't stay long if I don't enjoy them. I've been through a pile of guns over the years and pretty much have it narrowed down to the ones I want to keep and shoot forever. I have a couple to sell yet and then it's just load and shoot the ones I like.

Boolit Master
    I enjoy shooting a few .22s. Used to do more but it isn't as convenient as it used to be. I think having the New Jersey and anchoring in the mouth of the Potomac River would be a hoot.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.