WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Looking For A Lyman #39538 Bullet Mold!

Looking For A Lyman #39538 Bullet Mold!

Happened to be looking around the Internet and ran across this 2008 posting in this forum: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?38702-Lyman-mold-39538-what-is-it

Also ran across this 2009 thread as well: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ie-quot-photos

I have been looking for that mold for some time so I emailed some of the posters. Did get one response (Glen) but there is no assurance that all the email address are current. If anybody has any information on this Lyman #39538 mold I would appreciate a reply here or a direct email.
    Last edited by gstompkins; 11-21-2015 at 01:08 PM.

A bit of clarification to my post. Currently shooting a patched .395 round ball in a Turner Kirkland (Dixie) replica Kentucky/Pennsylvania .40 Cal squirrel(?) rifle. They are essentially wheel weight mix and average about 92 gr. They also group reasonably well but are essentially a curve ball in their flight path. Happened to read an article about somebody who had acquired a Lyman #39538 mold which produced a .395 semi mini ball type bullet. Claimed it was highly accurate so I decided to look for that mold. Borrowed this photo from another member for illustration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39538.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	153901
    Last edited by gstompkins; 11-21-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Boolit Master
    I realize this post is as old as dirt but no matter to me.

This is the bullet that Turner Kirkland designed for his .40 caliber Belgian import rifles! Guarantee, anyway they used to advertize it as such. If anyone knows where I could pick one of these up, I would love to have one. I have a Dixie Cub and an original Remington barreled target rifle made by George Spangler of Monroe, Wisconsin. Would like to try this bullet!

Boolit Buddy
    You might just contact Lyman directly: http://crm.lymanproducts.com/index.php. If that don't work, E-Bay might be your best option...
    Griff
    NRA Patron
    SASS Endowment/Life
    CMSA Life

Moderator Emeritus

I would have accurate molds cut a mold and Eric HP it. Probably at least get it in this decade. $$$ but if it is what you need you only go round once.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze