RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: 414 Super magnum case

Boolit Mold

414 Super magnum case

Does anyone have a drawing of a 414 Super magnum case, or, at least confirm that it is the same diameter as the 41 Magnum and it is 1.6 inches long. The diameter is the thing I question most.

Thanks

Boolit Grand Master

Go to the Starline website. I believe they are the only source for this brass and give a description of it. From what I know it is just an extended 41 mag, maybe built a little stronger.

In Remembrance
    I just checked, I have both of those, and the only thing that's different is the 414 is longer. As far as the webbing I have no clue, but the outside dimensions except for the length are the same.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Grand Master

Starline's website states the 414 is a heavy duty, lengthened version of the 41 mag. 1.600" to 1.610" OAL.

Was just slobbering over at that website yesterday looking for info on the .414.
    Could make an excellent single shot rebarrel on a surplus bolt for Indiana regs.

Nice to see you came here for that info. I would have tried Goggling 414 Supermag, or looking through my reloading manuals first. I found that info in my Sierra manual.
    Leo

Boolit Mold

.414 and .445 data ......

ACCURATE POWDER also has reloading data for the .414 and .445 Super Mags
    in their "Loading Guides."

Don't shoot either one, altho have shot the .357 Maxi. Glad Starline has brass for the super mags, Just wish they'd also make Maxi brass.

FWIW! Richard

Boolit Grand Master

Wwapiti, I bought some Jamison 357 Max brass from Buffalo Arms. Haven't shot any yet but it seems to be good brass.

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot 41 mags in my 414 supermag contender, and it is just a stretched 41 mag thats all.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Was just slobbering over at that website yesterday looking for info on the .414.
    Could make an excellent single shot rebarrel on a surplus bolt for Indiana regs.
    It certainly should, but so would lots of other things, and this is one that might someday leave you making do with shorter brass or searching for old stock, like the 357 Maximum has done.