Load DataReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scum Who Beat A WWII Vet Gets Maximum Sentence

Vendor Sponsor

Scum Who Beat A WWII Vet Gets Maximum Sentence

This story is a bit heartbreaking, however, it did end with justice being served. That’s something that is not common nowadays. With a World War II veteran being beaten within an inch of his life, the judge did everything in his power to sentence these men to the maximum amount of time possible.

The 89 year old veteran assaulted was Richard Holcomb. Joining the Navy at age 17, he fought both in the Atlantic and Pacific Theaters of World War II. Surviving this horrid war he was almost killed by what could be considered the the biggest scum of the earth.

35 year old Joshua Short, a Virginia man, forced his way into Holcomb’s home with another assailant on October 16th, 2014. With the intention of robbery, it was Short who wanted to ]incapacitate the veteran punching him in the kidneys with full force. Once on the ground, short kicked him in the ribs breaking at least a dozen of them.

"I’m going to take away as much of your life as I can so you can never do this again…I’m searching for a word that describes what you’ve done. The word that comes to mind is despicable." -Judge Derek Swope

Short and his accomplice rummaged through the house and made off with about $150, a handgun, Holcomb’s deceased wife’s jewelry box and some pills. Nothing else.

After they left, the tough vet managed to dial 911 by crawling and hoisting himself up on a stool. He then spent several months in the hospital. Short was apprehended shortly there after.

A career criminal facing other charges to an unrelated crime, the judge and prosecution saw right through him. After all was said and done, the judge ruled that his sentences be served consecutively, equaling to a total of 50 years. He’s also recommending no possibility of parole.

If he ever gets out, he’ll be 85 and maybe karma will take over from there.

http://worldwarwings.com/breaking-ne...short-sentence
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Well at least there is one judge who is interested in justice. Most of them seem like they are more interested in protecting the criminals. Too bad the old vet wasn't carrying and could fight back.

In Remembrance

Still did'nt get what they deserved IMHO.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by aspangler View Post
    Still did'nt get what they deserved IMHO.
    I pray the balance of his deserved justice be meted out while in prison.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

In Remembrance
    Correct me if I am wrong, but if his sentences is to be served consecutively, then he is serving two or more at the same time, it matters not what tthey total. This is where most judges let folks off easy, but must like to sound tough.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if his sentences is to be served consecutively, then he is serving two or more at the same time

I
    believe that serving two or more at the same time is serving CONCURRENTLY while consecutively means sentence number 2 starts after the first sentence is completed. Still hope he serves until he dies in prison.
    regards,

Boolit Master
    Saddest part is that the old sailor wasn't able to place one center mass (minute of dirtbag) as the dirtbags entered his home.

Hope he has family to care for him his remaining years.

This is yet another of tens of thousands of examples of what happens when courts give OR (Own Recognizance) to those with criminal histories or probation to the same.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Should have run the bastard through a wood chipper.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

I just hope we get to hear what happens to him in the joint.

Boolit Master
    Yes the wood chiper slowly feet first , save the tax payers money . No just chunk him in not worth the trouble. Ok I don't care how as long as it's the wood chiper.

Boolit Grand Master
    terrible for the vet, it's very good that he was a strong man
    those scum bags got theirs its to bad we couldn't use them for
    trading fodder to the taliban
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Yea . . . but can't you just hear it . . . "Oh, but he has always been such a good boy!"

That's one judge who got it right for sure. I hope the seconds just tick by ever so slowly for the perps and they serve their time and perhaps they will get even "more justice" by their fellow inmates . . . .

Boolit Grand Master

I wonder if that Judge would run for President? Might make a good one. I hope the old Sailor recovers completely. Yeah, we are going to spend millions of dollars to house those dirtbags when a quarters worth of electricity would have been solved the problem, quickly and cheaply.

One thing the French get right, guillotine. Fast, reliable and cheap.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Yea . . . but can't you just hear it . . . "Oh, but he has always been such a good boy!"

That is the universal response when a policeman is forced to shoot a young perp. I hear it almost every night on the late news. It is then picked up by the liberal bleeding hearts.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

And my wife and kids say they don't understand why I don't even take a shower without my gun being close by.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

IIRC France no longer has capital punishment.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    I pray the balance of his deserved justice be meted out while in prison.

Your prayers may be answered. Vets are everywhere, even in prison. Nobody likes a bully who beats up old people.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by w5pv View Post
    And my wife and kids say they don't understand why I don't even take a shower without my gun being close by.
    We live in a small quiet hood here, people know everybody, walk their dogs, vehicles don't even need to be locked, we have it better than most for sure, but right across the tracks is the "other side of the tracks" hood which often rings with the sounds of hip hop and rap, and the sounds of gunfire and police sirens become more and more frequent as grade schoolers grow into middle schoolers and then gang bangers in age.

I carry outside my home 100% but in my home I found it advantageous to place arms in places I inhabit the most. Nightstand I leave my edc while we sleep, and I don't go to the door empty handed even if it's the mailman, in the back of the house is the office and the 'puters and a 1911 stays next to my mouse 24x7 with a few extra magazines under the monitor. There are more strategically placed in the house in case the shtf and I am separated from my gf she has access to arms as well.

Paranoid? Those who do not own nor carry would be quick to cry paranoid or gun nut, let them say whatever they will. No we are not paranoid, we are prepared.

I bet the old salt might have a carry gun by now, I certainly would hope so. His is not the first instance of thugs striking the weak and elderly, I have read of several heartbreaking accounts of WWII vets being assaulted. I wish I had read several accounts of thugs getting the surprise of their life during such an assault but it hasn't been the case. Complacency can get you killed.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    That is a sad truth Complacency get you killed but only the law abiding citizen. Not the criminal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast