Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun shops closing in kommiefornia

Boolit Master

Gun shops closing in kommiefornia

I don't know if you people in other states heard about the law coming into effect on Jan 1st but it is about as stupid as it can be. The law requires that all semi auto pistols have an ID# on the tip of the firing pin. Their stupid reasoning being that they can trace the empty cases by the number. I know what you are thinking. Why all the bad guy has to do is file off the number with a finger nail file. The problem is the anti gun dingbats who run this state want to close gun shops and it is doing just that. The gun MFG said they will not even try to comply with the new law. If you want an auto pistol and you live in this state you best buy it now. The LGS that I usually go to is closing at the end of December. I heard on the news two days ago that Grant Boys in Costa Mesa was closing also. They have been in business for 67 years. They are one of the biggest gun shops in the state. If a gun shop can't sell auto pistols you have lost a big part of your business. Who would have thought you would ever see the day when such a collection of nuts could take over a state this big?
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Banned

I thought they got rid of this as the technology is not there to make it work

Boolit Master
    tommie boy, you are applying common sense to this law and common sense plays no part in the thinking of politicians in this state. Hand gun MFG told the idiots that they couldn't or wouldn't do it and the idiots said, Ok then you can't sell your pistols here. I don't know what law enforcement will do for pistols. Maybe they will be exempt.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Vendor Sponsor

I hope every weapons MFG refuses to sell/repair ect anything to the CA government, police, ect till they get their laws straight
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

I know it sucks. But the residents of CA allowed this to happen. Of course the urban vote outnumbers the rural. But only the residents can fix the mess.

If folks wanting to advocate a law to solve a problem had to post a bond to be forfeit if the proposed law did not perform as advertised or caused unintended harm that might be better than all the campaign and lobbying expenses that yield FTF laws. Money where your mouth is approach. Pretty sure the folks that opposed shall issue would have forfeited their bond to the supporters of shall issue.

One thing to say that doing xyz will reduce homicides or suicides or gang violence. Another thing altogether to say we are putting up 5 million dollars bond that this micro stamping requirement will allow police to solve 10% more homicides over the next 3 years. Less than that increase in solved homicides and the NRA gets the money and the law sunsets off the books unless reapproved.

Or this more restrictive law will yield a 10% greater reduction in homicides than current trends would have produced in the next 4 years. Make the positive outcome promised that is used to get support for the law or regulation part of the bill. Don't measure up then out it goes. Don't think businesses are forced to continue to use suppliers or services that don't live up to the promised quality or amounts. I get to fire and not pay or even collect damages from someone that fails to live up to an agreement. Why not sunset laws if they don't do what was promised?

Oh yes I too think no sales or parts to anyone or organization would cause some grief but might also in effect provide just what the anti folks want. I say bring back the 12 shot revolvers and comfortable double holster rigs for same. 24 shots should be enough to piss off an anti-gun advocate. Or give pause to a criminal shooter.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Banned

Liberals do not deserve firearms. If you choose to live in California you suffer the consequences. Just wait until kamla harris becomes governor. There is a courts case or two pending on this, so who knows it may be an unreasonable restraint on the Second Amendment.

If everyone in cali put that much energy into anything other than pure hatred of freedom, just imagine what could be accomplished.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

In Remembrance
    I tried a SHORT stint in Kommiefornia back in the 70's. The nuts had control of it then, I'm sure it hasn't got any better.

Boolit Master

B cheaper to give every law abiding citizen a brand new 1911 and 3 boxes of ammo. Watch the crime rate drop.

Boolit Master

I think all the manufacturers should get together and not sell to police or government there unless they can sell to the general population.

Yes, but then the state would just get it's guns from other places...maybe Leland Yee's vault.
    It's only hubris if I'm wrong.

First off the folks in CA. did not vote this law in. It was written up and passed by a liberal Democrat majority of our state law makers in Sacramento. The idiot governor that signed it into law was Our Republican Gov. Arnold the Terminator who was a RINO in sheep's clothing. Also Kamla Harris is not running for Governor after "MoonBeam Brown" steps down. She is running for U.S. Senator to replace Nancy Pelosi in Congress so she can apply her anti gun beliefs nation wide. Gavin Newson is running for governor and he is a rabid anti gunner of the worst kind.
    Most of CA. in the North and Central valley area is conservative, but we are controlled by the liberals that populate the coastal area from San Francisco to L.A. and San Diego. I am in the northern mountain area of CA. and I have a pistol range on my 2-1/2 acre property and most everyone in my area are dedicated hunters. Do not ever tell any of us that we deserve the stupid laws passed by our liberal Democrat law makers from the larger cities, as we may drop kick you for insulting our conservative pro gun views.

Banned

"Do not ever tell any of us that we deserve the stupid laws passed by our liberal Democrat law makers"

No, for sure people who choose to live in California deserve the "stupid laws" that are duly enacted in California. Enjoy.

In Remembrance
    You are going to have a long reaching foot, cuz I hope to never set foot in Cali again. lol

The way I took it is the people of Cali keep electing the most liberal of the leftist they can come up with, is what he meant. I know there are some righter leaning folks there, but not near enough of them to counter any legislations at all.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by knifemaker View Post
    First off the folks in CA. did not vote this law in. It was written up and passed by a liberal Democrat majority of our state law makers in Sacramento. The idiot governor that signed it into law was Our Republican Gov. .
    Sorry, when your state population voted these people into office you did vote the law in.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    it is the whole countries fault. it started when the carb laws went into effect. and all the auto manufacturers kissed their butts. when they should have made 49 state cars and let California go afoot. now there is one more chance don't sell guns or ammo to any ca. state agency.

Boolit Grand Master
    I see the Californian Hater Cadre is alive and well here. It is this sort of drivel and hatred that has largely driven me off of this site. Go on--continue antagonizing an embattled and oppressed population of freedom-loving members--it's the same thing NRA does. Follow NRA's example.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    it is the whole countries fault. it started when the carb laws went into effect. and all the auto manufacturers kissed their butts. when they should have made 49 state cars and let California go afoot. now there is one more chance don't sell guns or ammo to any ca. state agency.
    Actually the auto manufacturers did at one time make 49 state cars and Cali cars, but what starts in Cali has a tendency to spread across the rest of the nation, some things just faster than others.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by knifemaker View Post
    First off the folks in CA. did not vote this law in. It was written up and passed by a liberal Democrat majority of our state law makers in Sacramento.
    While they may not represent you. This happened because the lawmakers were voted in by California residents. So Californians brought this on themselves. I'm not hating on California. But there is nothing that nonresidents can do to help you.

I have the same urban versus rural divide in my state. Thankfully the republicans are still in power. The only way for California to fix the situation is to vote in the right people. I honestly feel bad for you guys. But there isn't a thing I can do.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast