RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Libby's Corned Beef Hash Eggs Benedict ROCKS!

Vendor Sponsor

Libby's Corned Beef Hash Eggs Benedict ROCKS!

Breakfast this am ROCKED!! I have always loved the flavor of Libby's Corned Beef Hash, especially when you chill the can and then open both ends, push it out and slice it into 3/4" thick slices and let it brown to a totally near burnt crisp in the skillet. This is a flavor to behold, all on it's own.. Then you have all these "Pumpkin Spice" things trending now, donuts, Starbucks coffee, cereal.. Cereal?? Well, who knows, Pumpkin Spice is all the rage now, so Cary got me some Pumpkin Spice English Muffins, and the brain started churning..

Eggs Benedict is one of my all time fav breakfasts, so it became irresistible and I caved BADLY to the urge, for Libby's Corned Beef Hash eggs benedict on split, buttered and toasted Pumpkin Spice English Muffins... With a tbsp of Dijon Mustard added to the Hollandaise, and topped with sliced black olives. Mucho flavors to hit the tongue, a great taste combination...

Recipe:

Chill a can of Libby's Corned Beef Hash in the fridge overnight. Or in the freezer for 15mins before use.
    Split, butter, and toast your particular flavor or variety of English Muffin. Keep warm.
    Make some Hollandaise sauce and add a good sized spoon of Dijon Mustard to it, set aside and keep warm.

Open both ends of Libby's Corned Beef Hash, push out 3/4" of the product and slice off using the can as a guide, allow to fall into non stick skillet, turn heat on medium high, allow to fully brown to an almost burnt crisp before turning, cook other side the same way.

In a small skillet put 1" of water and 1 tbsp vinegar and bring to near boil. Crack an egg into a cup, gently lower the cup into the water and allow the egg to roll out. After about a minute, use a spatula to loosen the egg from the bottom and spoon water over the egg until it is poached. Lift out each egg with slotted spoon allowing water to run off.

To assemble, put muffin halves on plate, top with browned corned beef hash slices, place poached egg on top of each slice of hash, top with hollandaise sauce, garnish with sliced black olives..

Bon Appetit!

Sorry MaryB if you cannot find any Libby's brand corned beef hash in MN, I couldn't either, Mary Kitchen is a MN brand, they are unionized, and you will not see Libby's on the shelves anywhere in the southern half of the state.. I tried using Mary Kitchen for this once and it was a disaster. Libby's will stay together and it has a unique flavor that other brands just do not have..
    Last edited by DougGuy; 10-22-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy

My wife and I both enjoy Corned Beef Hash, and just celebrated our 25th anniversary. She is Chicago born and raised, and for many years, declared Mary Kitchen to be the only hash allowed on our pantry shelves.

A couple of weeks ago, our local "discount" grocer, was having a case lot sale, and listed Libby's CBH at a phenomenal price. I bought a single can and produced breakfast the next morning with the Libbys. An hour or so later, I asked if the Hash was OK, because she usually fries it, to her liking. She allowed as how it was very good, even if I did cook it! I showed her the empty can, and she shrugged and turned away. We now have 2 cases of it sitting on the shelf in the basement.

Can't speak to the "holding together" thing, yet, but it does have an awesome flavor!

Doug, if you have any left, try a slice of fresh Tomato, between the hash and the poached egg.---don't change anything else--
    Last edited by rush1886; 10-23-2015 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added comment
    Faster Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey, More Money! Tom T. Hall.

Boolit Buddy
    Around here the breakfast diners call that 'Irish Eggs Benedict'. lol

Wow!! I'm going to try that. Looks like ir will beat the heck out of oatmeal,

Boolit Master
    YOW! Says my cholesterol and blood pressure. I'd have to eat oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 2 weeks to flush out all that cholesterol.

I get up nearly every morning at about 3:30 so I can make a hot breakfast for my kids and Mrs. smokeywolf. About once every couple of weeks I do Mary Kitchen CBH and eggs. We typically buy the 6 packs of cans. I'll look for the Libby's next time.

This morning was Belgian waffles with blueberry pie filling and cool whip on top.

Usually its something like left-over rice, a diced onion and Spam scrambled into 4 eggs, plus a half small carton of egg whites.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Moderator Emeritus

Gee whiz, guys! Y'all got me HUNGRY! Breakfast is my favorite meal, too! Thanks!

Banned
    Love corned beef hash with about 4 sunny side eggs from the chickens that run the yard on top with a little tobasco. Squirrel gravy with baking powder biscuits is right up there

Boolit Grand Master
    For us MN guys DougGuy, we have this stuff up here called SPAM. Made right her in at the Austin MN facility.
    I've had some pretty goods eats with that as well. Not particularly low fat, low sodium, or healthy, but geez, some great eats.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Moderator Emeritus

Spam single slices are handy. I keep them in the pantry. A can is to much for me and I don't like having to eat spam a couple days in a row. The slice is about the size of a slice of Kraft cheese and about 1/4 inch thick. I slice it again into 1/8 inch thick slices, fry it up until crispy and plop it on bread with cheese melted all over it.

Boolit Master

I always loved corned beef hash, until I tried the ROAST BEEF HASH! Now I know what love really is.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

In Remembrance

You really had me yearning about eggs Benedict`s, then you went and put black olives on it! :^(Robert

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Great looking (and bet tasty) MEAL DougGuy !

Lookin Good

Vendor Sponsor

I made this the other morning, and forgot about this 6yr old thread. LOL I have to update it to make the Po Boy's version!

Instead of taking the time and effort to make hollandaise sauce, I heat 4tbsp of Tostitos Queso Blanco Dip in the microwave and use that instead of hollandaise, and well, I don't always have an English Muffin to toast so the Corned Beef Hash goes right on the plate, and the eggs are soft fried instead of poached, I guess this pandemic has caused a lot of things to get tightened up on, this breakfast is as I said, the Po Boy's edition...
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

There must be some Cajun DNA in your blood line and it shows through in your cooking !
    That ability to scrounge around in the pantry , come up with a few seemingly unlikely ingredients and pull it all together into a utterly scrumptious meal !
    And the ability to make it look good in a photo ... I wanted to lick the screen .
    ATTABOY DougGuy ... add this one to the Cook Book !

Let me add canned roast beef hash , sliced or formed into a patty and fried ...makes a dang good sandwich too .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"