WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataPBcastcoRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: 62 years ago today

Boolit Grand Master

62 years ago today

Was a long time ago, this evening.

My Father was training with another pilot in a B-47 bomber. Father had been flying a good part of the day, doing aerial refueling practice. Switched off with the other guy and the other fellow was doing touch-n-goes under the eyes of an I.P. Third TNG, the aircraft turned wide going from crosswind to downwind and descended to the ground. Hit and came apart.

I never really knew him, but still felt his absence.

Mom remarried and that was "Dad", whom I thought the world of and still miss him even though he has been gone awhile and was proud that he thought of me as his Son.

I was lucky , to have a Father, and a Dad.

One day, on Fathers Day, it would be nice to be at Fathers grave, in New York, to honor him and catch a flight to California, to visit Dads grave, to also honor him.

Boolit Master

Thanks for sharing and praying you are able to arrange the trip very soon!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy

Did he happen to work at griffis afb in ny? My grandfather recently passed and he worked there for some time. I hope your trip is possible for you at some point.