Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Spoke w/ Magma today

Boolit Bub

Spoke w/ Magma today

Ordered .452 die, punch,and conversion said it wouldn't be fab untill tue. And will ship soon after, hope that's the case. Glad biz is booming but hope she's on time. What's been your exp. w/ Magma

ADMIN

1st rate
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

I bought a star sizer, the heated base for the star, the bullet feeder and the air system to feed the lube. I have also bought a Master Caster from them. After experiencing the quickness of bullet casting with the Master Caster I bought the bullet collator from Magma. That is a lot of money spent with one company and I don't regret it. They are very good people to deal with. I've never had to wait more than 2 weeks for my stuff either. Usually within 1 week.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a Star sizer earlier this year with the heated base and air system and received it in little over a week. What I like is if you have a problem, real people answer the phone and will help you. The people at Magma are very nice to deal with. Definite thumbs up.

I bought a Star sizer from Magma and struggled with it for a full year to make it work right. I would get so frustrated that I would stop using it, buy cast bullets, then try again in a month or two. I spent HOURS on the phoine with tme, posted here, called my buddies that had a Star, and nothing worked.
    Finally i shipped it back to magma. I finally had enough. They rebuilt the thing and said there was a broken part that they could only see when it was totally disassembled. They fixed it, returned it to me and even paid the return freight.
    That thing is now slicker than owl snot.
    They get my vote!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Should have shipped it back sooner.

Boolit Bub
    Glad to hear they are prompt, I work 28 days on and 14 off and I like to have something to play with when I get home haha. Now I have to order some lube from White Label to be set. Thanks for the replies learned a lot from this forum while standing by on this tugboat tons of info here

Boolit Master

I now have a couple of Stars. Cast for .223/5.56, .243, 30-06, 9mm, .38 Spl., .357 Mag, .45 Colt and .45 ACP. Having a pair allows me to set one aside for a while for one of the calibers until I get finished and move on to the next project with the other. Keeping good records of how far down in the boolit sizer the base of the boolit is to be placed to lube is a good idea (leaving a boolit in the sizing die helps there, too). I keep a little notepad for that purpose alone. However beneficial dial calipers are for that purpose with the large calibers, my stainless steel set does not work with .223 because the stem of the caliper won't fit into the .223 die ... stem is too large. That is a trial and error proposition only, though I'll figure out some way around that one of these days. Big Boomer

Boolit Buddy
    I also got to add how nice they are to deal with. I called it in, it was shipped the next day!
    Swaging. Keeping the 40's running for the price of .22's
    and .223 bullets for a fraction of a cent!

Boolit Master
    Magma have been great to deal with for me too. I emailed them an order, it was shipped the same day. Nothing was too much trouble.

Glad to see i'm not the only one that has had great service from them, and i'd sure that will continue. The shooing community is a pretty small one, the worst thing a supplier can do is to alienate their customers, especially when their market is only small.

Boolit Bub
    Got my order from Magma today, .452 die punch and cal.conversion. Just like they promised but sooner, well pleased. Just like all the replies 1st class service another happy customer!

Quote Originally Posted by VHoward View Post
    Should have shipped it back sooner.
    I have said that to myself many times. You are, of course, correct. But I wanted to make this damn thing work by myself. I talked on the phone, they told me what to do, I did it, it didn't work, and we would start all over with the next phone call. I would get frustrated and walk away for a month or so, and try again.
    They fixed it right, and now all is well.
    If nothing else, I was persistent.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by temac View Post
    Got my order from Magma today, .452 die punch and cal.conversion. Just like they promised but sooner, well pleased. Just like all the replies 1st class service another happy customer!
    I have found that when they give me a time period, that is when I will get it, not when they will ship it. So when they said one week, you will get it in one week, not it will be one week before they ship.

Boolit Bub
    every thing i have ever ordered showed up early and some have been next day. I am not far from the though.