RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
BonettLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 100 of 100

Thread: What are your bug out guns

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    24
    doesn't matter what people can do, the dog packs and cats will lead the people to where the game and lifestock are, chase them until people shoot them, then run down the wounded critters. There's 300 million people and not enough game to feed even 1% that many. If you 'think" that 1% dont have at least as much ability as you have, you're deluded. Nobody's carrying the 30+ lbs of needed survival gear, water, food, etc, and TWO longarms, along with enough ammo to make them both worth having. this is especially true of 12 ga ammo. Birds stop flying and animals stop running, cause they can't afford to waste the calories. You can't afford the noise, bulk, weight of 12 ga on small stuff, either. It takes too many of them to feed you. Under stress like ****, you'll need 3000-5000 calories per day. Lean meat offers only 800 calories per lb, ready to eat, and only half of a fish or animal's live weight is edible flesh. Google what average birds or animals weigh and you'll see how ludicrous it is to envision using a 12 ga on such stuff. You want a silenced .22lr conversion unit for an M4, in 223, traps, snares, netting, trotlines. Nobody practices enough with $1 per shot shotgun slugs to be worth a hoot with them. All it takes, then, is a couple of guys using .22lr autorifles and cover, at 50m, and you'll get shot. Make so much noise that everyone within a mile knows that you're fool enough to have nothing more than a shotgun and then only have a double barrel? Forget that!

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    24
    45 gr federal subsonic .22lr's are 120 to the lb. 12 ga shells are 10 to the lb. carry HOW much each of slugs, buck, birdshot? Not gonna be worth a hoot, I can assure you of that. The shotgun is just too limited in range, penetration and mag capacity. Every looter is gong to be wearing armor within a month of ****. If they dont', they'll be dead, and 12 ga wont pierce it. Buckshot wont pierce both sidewalls of a tire, nor a new belted radial's tread, nor even a windshield beyond about 10m of range, or if not at 90 degree angle of impact. Dont believe the **, the shotgun is not worth having if ****.

  3. #83
    Boolit Grand Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    7,346
    I find these discussions interesting.

    I live at my BOL. Have more guns, ammunition, and components than I will need if the ****...but I will be supplying my neighbors their needs. Only have food for a few months. But it will not last that long as I will share with neighbors.

    I was a more rabid prepper until I became a believer. Planned on hoarding food and not sharing....thinking differently now. Not at the point I would share with “outsiders” and I hope Jesus will forgive for that.

    So, if citiots invade, they will not be welcomed....they can leave in peace....or die trying to take from our community. Many will die if they choose that path. Have never killed a person....I can rationalize it...not sure how it will affect me. May need to kill kids...I think about that scene in American Sniper....but in this case, they will be starving....and I will be being greedy protecting our “stuff”....harder to deal with...at least for me. The American Sniper thing comes to mind because that is the role I would be taking.

    Not sure I want to live long in a world like that.

    Hopefully, if the ****, it occurs early in the winter. More people will die and at a faster rate from cold and starvation. Travel will be difficult in this region. I keep two sleds and 200+ gallons of fuel on hand.

    IMHO, no matter where someone lives, bugging out is a dumb plan. Doing it alone is even dumber. Doing it with kids and/or old people the dumbest.

    Hope we never need to find out
    Don Verna


  4. #84
    Boolit Grand Master Bazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Cecilia, Kentucky
    Posts
    5,549
    Fact is I plan to share also. The book I mentioned talks about having a cupboard with meager rations and inviting those that come to share a meal as they look for a better local, while having your stockpile hidden from view. That way they don't get any ideas that you're hoarding food, and you helped them all you could. Realistically it is all you can if you consider your own well being.

    I too hope it doesn't come to that. If it does though, faith will become more important. The history channel show apocalypse , or surviving the apocalypse is a real interesting thing. You can find it on YouTube although I don't remember the exact name.

  5. #85
    Boolit Master
    JBinMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Goodhue County, SE Minnesota
    Posts
    3,080
    Why does **** get censored? TEOTWAWKI, is not?

    And I am not going anywhere if ****, until it is absolutely necessary. Doing so reluctantly if I have to do so, & I'll likely blow the place up, or burn it as I leave, if I do leave. ( "We", is just as applicable as "I" for the above, if the missus, or if other family is here.)

    As far as the citiots coming out into the country and taking the rural folks stuff , food, etc.. I don't know all about the rest of the country, but around here, the citiots will likely become dog food, or hog food.
    Folks can call , **, but unless you live around here & know folks, you are not gonna get many hunting opportunities for anything but maybe small game, even before ****. The deer hunting around here is locked up tighter than dicks hatband. Meaning THEY are hunting their land & YOU are not likely to be welcomed on it, particularly if ****.
    Try stealing their livestock & it may be the last thing one does.

    Most of these folks are NOT going anywhere & they are NOT going to welcome any strangers easily.

    Yes, you have folks who are Christians, and may be likely to lend a hand , but I would not count on it happening if word gets out that those they help are not good folks. Folks help out their neighbors out here in the rural areas & if someone heard gunfire, they would likely make it a point to go check on their neighbors, although possibly in a stealthy manner. Plus, the folks know the land & the citiots will not.

    Now , there may be some who disagree with me. I am not planning to respond here after this post. I was just trying to let folks know that unless they are "from around here", & know folks, they will likely not be welcomed without suspicion, if they are welcomed at all. It is bad enough for a feller like me to live here in this rural town for 21 years & although I have friends/acquaintances from here, I am still a "foreigner" to most local folks I meet here for the first time in the area, and am not treated more like a "local", until I am vouched for by someone who "Is from around here", and is "local".

    Check it out yourselves, anywhere. Go drive out in the sticks & just pull into a drive, get out of your vehicle(if ya can without a dog biting ya), and simply go up to the door & ask to deer hunt when season rolls around. See what you get for a response.

    If ya do something like that, imagine what the response would be if ****. I'm betting it would not be as easy, whether they say it is OK or not, even before a **** situation.
    When it comes to food & survival, not many are going to let someone with a "weapon"( bow, firearm, etc.) simply come along & take what they want for game, or anything else. Particularly, if they have more than one mouth to feed. I assure ya, they will not take it kindly, permission before **** or not.

    G'Luck to any & all if something bad happens, but just remember that there is gonna be a whole lot more folks wanting what you have, whether you like it or not, & most will be willing to make you give things up & they don't plan on giving you anything for it, except maybe a difficult situation to deal with, IF you survive the encounters without injury or death. Particularly more difficult, if you are solo & only yourself to depend on. While it may be easier for a solo person to feed & take care of themselves when not ill or injured... Ponder on how you are gonna do all by yourself when You have been shot & survived the shooting or accident, but still need to be able to do what ya need to do to survive. Consider the climate & what sort of shelter you have, if any at the time & how are you going to deal with that for the time it takes to heal...All by yourself...

    Yes, it is an interesting subject, but I am of the impression that it may be easier for folks to "bug in", if they can , with those around them to stay working as a community, than it is for those who try to go out & "survive off, "Other Peoples Land".

    I will stop with that... Anyway, just some things to think on.
    Last edited by JBinMN; 03-23-2019 at 08:32 PM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

    ~~ WWG1WGA ~~

    Restore the Republic!!!

    For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

    President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

    Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

  6. #86
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Decatur county, TN
    Posts
    413
    Way to go, JB. You probably just got another harmless, non-offensive acronym censored. Lol

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

  7. #87
    Boolit Master
    JBinMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Goodhue County, SE Minnesota
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by sureYnot View Post
    Way to go, JB. You probably just got another harmless, non-offensive acronym censored. Lol
    Hahaha Could be...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

    ~~ WWG1WGA ~~

    Restore the Republic!!!

    For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

    President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

    Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

  8. #88
    Boolit Bub
    jakemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Florida
    Posts
    32
    Bugging in myself; had hoped to be further out in the country but that didn't happen. Good to go here with AR-47, G23 and multiple loaded mags for both. Also have Marlin Mod 60 with lots of 22 LR.

  9. #89
    Boolit Master



    BrassMagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Why does **** get censored? TEOTWAWKI, is not?

    And I am not going anywhere if ****, until it is absolutely necessary. Doing so reluctantly if I have to do so, & I'll likely blow the place up, or burn it as I leave, if I do leave. ( "We", is just as applicable as "I" for the above, if the missus, or if other family is here.)

    As far as the citiots coming out into the country and taking the rural folks stuff , food, etc.. I don't know all about the rest of the country, but around here, the citiots will likely become dog food, or hog food.
    Folks can call , **, but unless you live around here & know folks, you are not gonna get many hunting opportunities for anything but maybe small game, even before ****. The deer hunting around here is locked up tighter than dicks hatband. Meaning THEY are hunting their land & YOU are not likely to be welcomed on it, particularly if ****.
    Try stealing their livestock & it may be the last thing one does.

    Most of these folks are NOT going anywhere & they are NOT going to welcome any strangers easily.

    Yes, you have folks who are Christians, and may be likely to lend a hand , but I would not count on it happening if word gets out that those they help are not good folks. Folks help out their neighbors out here in the rural areas & if someone heard gunfire, they would likely make it a point to go check on their neighbors, although possibly in a stealthy manner. Plus, the folks know the land & the citiots will not.

    Now , there may be some who disagree with me. I am not planning to respond here after this post. I was just trying to let folks know that unless they are "from around here", & know folks, they will likely not be welcomed without suspicion, if they are welcomed at all. It is bad enough for a feller like me to live here in this rural town for 21 years & although I have friends/acquaintances from here, I am still a "foreigner" to most local folks I meet here for the first time in the area, and am not treated more like a "local", until I am vouched for by someone who "Is from around here", and is "local".

    Check it out yourselves, anywhere. Go drive out in the sticks & just pull into a drive, get out of your vehicle(if ya can without a dog biting ya), and simply go up to the door & ask to deer hunt when season rolls around. See what you get for a response.

    If ya do something like that, imagine what the response would be if ****. I'm betting it would not be as easy, whether they say it is OK or not, even before a **** situation.
    When it comes to food & survival, not many are going to let someone with a "weapon"( bow, firearm, etc.) simply come along & take what they want for game, or anything else. Particularly, if they have more than one mouth to feed. I assure ya, they will not take it kindly, permission before **** or not.

    G'Luck to any & all if something bad happens, but just remember that there is gonna be a whole lot more folks wanting what you have, whether you like it or not, & most will be willing to make you give things up & they don't plan on giving you anything for it, except maybe a difficult situation to deal with, IF you survive the encounters without injury or death. Particularly more difficult, if you are solo & only yourself to depend on. While it may be easier for a solo person to feed & take care of themselves when not ill or injured... Ponder on how you are gonna do all by yourself when You have been shot & survived the shooting or accident, but still need to be able to do what ya need to do to survive. Consider the climate & what sort of shelter you have, if any at the time & how are you going to deal with that for the time it takes to heal...All by yourself...

    Yes, it is an interesting subject, but I am of the impression that it may be easier for folks to "bug in", if they can , with those around them to stay working as a community, than it is for those who try to go out & "survive off, "Other Peoples Land".

    I will stop with that... Anyway, just some things to think on.

    I live near a lot of National Forest and in the past I have been a very successful big game hunter for a lot of years.
    Now for some bad news. A statistic I heard many years ago was elk hunters harvested an elk on average every seven years. So with about 1% of the state population hunting for one week a year and only one out of seven harvesting an elk that is serious pressure on the elk herd.
    I have heard a mountain lion harvests a deer or elk every week of the year, or maybe even more frequently. So fifty-two deer per year per mountain lion. How many per bear? Per coyote? Per Wolf?
    Elk migrate. Most deer are local and never travel more than a few miles from their birthplace. Other deer travel far and wide.
    Now consider hunters hunting for survival vice sport. At least ten percent of the local population? At least one big game animal per hunter per week? Big game animals could go to endangered status in mere weeks and could even go extinct in areas where they are plentiful now.
    With those thoughts in mind, why would a farmer in the country let you hunt his land?
    Now assume times are tough!

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9
    of course nobody wants to have to bugout, but only 3% of the population lives on working farms and ranches. When the lights got out and stay out, the towns and cities will have no water. So they will be forced to leave why would they bother to go back? You can't overcome people who randomly roam and strike, mostly at night. You have no resources that can adequately prevent them from doing so. You're outnumbered 30 to one and it'll probably be your neighbors who hit you first.Nobody knows everyone who lives within one night's hike of them. That's 20 miles and if they have bicycles, it can be 100 miles, quite easily. If they have motorcycles, it can be 500 miles, only burning 12 gallons of gas. There's 8 million motorcycles in the US and all of them can have four of the 5 gallon jerrycans (full of gas) lashed to them. In that 1000 miles of travel, they'll find combines, tractors, shot up vehicles and get more gas. No matter how remote you "thinks' you are, nobody in the lower 48 states is more than a night's motorcycle ride and a night's hike from millions of people. Scores, if not hundreds of people know about your place, or will, when people see the need for resources and start asking questions.

    It's not going to mean a damned thing what you like or what you'll do, you can't defend your livestock, your buildings or your grain/produce, much less work with any of that. You'll just get sniped, burned out at night, etc. People can shoot all of your large animals from 300m away in the dark, and there's nothing you can do about it. All that anyone can do is bury long term food, then get underground themselves and wait it out. In a year, nearly everyone will be dead and you can then grow root veggies, in hidden plots. The looters who last thru the first couple of weeks are going to know a lot more about taking you down than you know about preventing it. Most ex-vets dont live on farms and ranches. Lots of hunters live in the cities, too. If you 'think" that you know more about this sort of thing than they do, you're quite full of it.

    The game is going to be all gone in a month or 2, along with all of the livestock and the stored grain, etc. Nobody can carry enough stuff to last more than a month. If you put the stuff on a bicycle and walk alongside of it, especially on back roads, you can carry enough food to last a couple of months. If you've got an inflatable boat, you can be pretty safely drifting down rivers at night, maybe get to an island in a big lake, where you'll be much less at risk, and where you can net enough fish to get by. You can bluster all you want about being Joe tough guy, but we all know the reality of the situation. Either you have lots of food buried, or you get it buried within a few days of shtf, at night, showing no light, leaving no sign, or you'll starve to death in a few months and probably within a few weeks.

    Virtually nothing on this thread has any input about what guns to take if you do bugout. I want a .22lr autoloading rifle with a suppressor, subsonic ammo, and a 9mm pistol with 90 gr jhp's at 1500 fps. That's about all anyone can carry, along with all the other stuff you'll need, including night vision, passive IR scanner, armor, biolite stove, solar charger, rechargable batteries. You can't be foot-slogging along with your head up your butt. 40 lbs is a lot for anyone to lug around and still be alert, able to run, etc.
    Last edited by tryingalot; 06-07-2020 at 09:16 PM.

  11. #91
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    North Central
    Posts
    2,375
    For a classic bugout one of my AR's and my glock 34. Once in a longterm safer place a suppressed. 22 rimfire would be useful. I have no cans but i do have accurate .22's and plenty of ammo. I have heard with the new electronic forms approval for cans only takes 90 days instead of up to a year.

  12. #92
    Boolit Master
    Outer Rondacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NY in the Adirondacks
    Posts
    1,513
    Sorry I am not bugging out I am bugging in.

    I do run a SHTF bag, and it goes with me everyplace I go. Sometimes its a fanny pack sometimes it's a backpack. In this backpack I have ammo, loaded mags, paracord, first aid kit, knife, micro radio, flashlight, matches with a lighter, TP, socks, (Gloves hat depending on the time of year), 2 bottles of water and purifier tabs, 4 power bars, compass, nylon grocery bag, two flares, whistle, and much more. Since I already have a cellphone on my person along with my Glock 26 and extra mag, Leatherman my mission is to get back to the bag and return home.

    So I guess my answer is GLOCK 26. I live in NYS and am only allowed max 10 rounds in a firearm. Why not max it in the small package. If I lived in a free state, I would have a Sig P320.

    Oh I guess I am in the 3%. I am not looking for any confrontation on the way home as that would be my primary objective. Once home I do not need to leave ever if I do not want to. We are called mountain men for reason.

    Im just sharing, if I didnt share to your liking I am sorry you feel that way. Remember folks we are here to help one another, well until the end of the world anyway.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

  13. #93
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Rochester, NY area
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    Yep. I'm buggin' in, if anything.
    Same here. My location is not good to bug out from if it's a civil unrest eruption.

  14. #94
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    247
    Sub-machine guns are used by many armies. A full-size 9mm is a lot like a sub-machine gun.

    I would like to have a full-size 9mm in a survival situation. Hopefully, one that's zeroed-in to minute of rabbit.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ural Driver View Post
    Barring some sort of apocalyptic event, I'll be staying where I am. If need be I have enough resources to get me and mine home.
    Makes sense. I have the handgun to carry with me. Who was it that said "The best use of a pistol is fighting your way to a battle rifle"

  16. #96
    Boolit Master
    Eddie Southgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Posts
    922
    Not going anywhere. I live in the sticks and know all of the land around me well enough to prevail over any strangers roaming in from the cities.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

  17. #97
    Boolit Master elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    For a classic bugout one of my AR's and my glock 34. Once in a longterm safer place a suppressed. 22 rimfire would be useful. I have no cans but i do have accurate .22's and plenty of ammo. I have heard with the new electronic forms approval for cans only takes 90 days instead of up to a year.
    90 days is the goal but at present is more like 120 to 150 days per Silencer Central.
    I bought one late Feb. and it didn't get submitted until April 6th and I haven't heard anything yet.
    So, the clock doesn't start ticking when you buy it. There are a bunch of hoops to jump through buy the seller then an online meeting has to be set up after all the forms are filled out.
    This adds at least another month to your wait time.
    If I had it to do over, I probably wouldn't.

  18. #98
    Boolit Buddy

    Electrod47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    331
    This whole thread is just to depressing. I would imagine my wife and I would link up with our immediate neighbors here in our mostly rural community in a back area with only one 2-Lane road running through it. All the family's are related by marriage and birth here. I am sure we would set up something at the little church here, some type of command and control. Inventory our combined supply's including armament. Secure both ends of that said 2-Lane Road mentioned and monitor approved traffic and if need be give directions to leave, with a show of force.
    Beyond that, seek advise from our local Sheriff, local state officials and any National Guard involvement. Neighbors from further out could be allowed to join us if they willing to share at the task at hand. How, that would happen would have to come through the before mentioned chain of command set up early on. For guys like me at 75 yrs. healthy, capable and ex-military I would want to be put in positions of most risk. Not because I'm brave but, cause I'm expendable. I have a step son and biologic son nearby who will seek shelter here. But, I will be consumed with worry for another son and his family located in a large metropolitan area 3 state lines away who surely will be cut off. When this WTSHF event is over this will be, for better or worse, the end of everything we currently know and love. Frankly, I will want to go down quick.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

    He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

    Louis L’Amour

    The Californios

  19. #99
    Boolit Master
    Eddie Southgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    I live near a lot of National Forest and in the past I have been a very successful big game hunter for a lot of years.
    Now for some bad news. A statistic I heard many years ago was elk hunters harvested an elk on average every seven years. So with about 1% of the state population hunting for one week a year and only one out of seven harvesting an elk that is serious pressure on the elk herd.
    I have heard a mountain lion harvests a deer or elk every week of the year, or maybe even more frequently. So fifty-two deer per year per mountain lion. How many per bear? Per coyote? Per Wolf?
    Elk migrate. Most deer are local and never travel more than a few miles from their birthplace. Other deer travel far and wide.
    Now consider hunters hunting for survival vice sport. At least ten percent of the local population? At least one big game animal per hunter per week? Big game animals could go to endangered status in mere weeks and could even go extinct in areas where they are plentiful now.
    With those thoughts in mind, why would a farmer in the country let you hunt his land?
    Now assume times are tough!
    Mountain Lion, Coyotes and bears all eat good enough , eat them first and save the Elk for later .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

  20. #100
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    UPSTATE new york
    Posts
    1,287
    I am not leaving. It makes no sense for me. I am rural, dairies around, fishing, gardening. Where can I go that has more or better known resources? I do have a get home bag. It's 25 miles to work. I have several relatives along the way and it's mostly farm land. So, a 12 ga pump with 00 buck, maybe some slugs. Otherwise, a good down bag, snacks, fire stuff in a backpack. Extra wool socks. One night camp out in the snowbank or rain situation. I work from 5 AM until 3:30 PM so some daylight will be available. Once home, it's a whole different game. Heavy armed defense of the cow herds would be top priority. I think one should focus on a couple weapons. Something heavy like 30-06 and something light like 22LR with silencer. Pistol should include 9mm as there are lot of them around. A 1911 would be nice also. Night vision scope a must. Shotguns ? For quail, Pheasant OK but for ducks, geese, turkey, squirrel, woodchuck, beaver, muskrat. etc. a 22 will do just fine at a longer range, easier if you catch them on the ground feeding or swimming around. '06 hardball works too, ah I was told once. Remember your talking about a complete loss of law enforcement situation. A friend was in Bosnia years ago when our military was there. He was an officer and as such got to see more of the country. He claims there was not one sign of any wildlife in the forests at all.; nothing, no tracks, no signs of any kind of any game animals. You don't need much of a gun to get worms.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check