Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Wideners
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are your bug out guns

Boolit Bub

What are your bug out guns

Just like the post says what guns are you bringing with you if you're on foot and how much ammo?
    I have a Daniel defense v5 with an eotech with about 200rnds and a Springfield xd compact 40 with 5 full mags.

I also have a .22 conversion bolt for any small game.

Thoughts?

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Fixation on firearms before getting your other preps in order is a distraction.

twenty 110 conibears, 100 treble hooks, 500 yards of fishing line, 100 Thomson snares, 1000 ft. spool of demo wire, a Ruger Charger with can and 1000 rounds of subsonic HP and 500 Mini Mags.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Bub
    Not a fixation jay a conversation. I do have my other preps although they're never done. My thoughts were just on foot. I think 1000 rounds would be a little heavy

Boolit Master
    my 44 mag,22 target auto. 300 rounds for each and a good 1 piece knife...matches and a mess kit ...and first aid kit.... crank flashlight.
    about it.

toilet paper!

if this is to be "on foot"
    Last edited by mozeppa; 09-06-2015 at 03:29 PM. Reason: added....

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Don't forget the dried fruit and veggies. Lite and keep you alive.

Boolit Master

I'm not leaving this my ranch alive, if I can't make it here after the shtf I ain't going to make it anywhere else. probably get over run by zombies before I run out of anything.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Yep. I'm buggin' in, if anything.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

I'm not bugging out unless I get plenty of notice. In that case I'm packing as much as possible before driving away. The freeway 3 blocks away runs from Escondido to Sweet Grass and it'll be a parking lot for most of its length within a few hours of problems becoming obvious.

I'll have to bug in and a disabled wife means we're stuck until the crisis passes or ...

Whatever, we're prepared to maintain a non-obtrusive, in the home existence for quite some time. Unless a battle breaks out in the street in front of our house, our other preparations will be more important to our survival than the guns & ammo.
    Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
    RAH

In Remembrance
    The real question, is where in the heck would I be going on foot. I suspect if I took off on foot, it would be because I would have gotten Altimers or sometimers or something of the sort, and wouldn't even remember to bring a gun. lol

First off there is no where to go that I could walk to that you wouldn't freeze to death before you got far enough south. Yes I live in Fargo North Dakota.

Second, in the face of massive problems people around here get together, roll up thier sleeves, and get to work.

Third, short of a semi, nothing is going to haul all my stash of guns, lead, powder, primers and tools.

Much easier to board the doors up, make it look stripped and unlived in.
    Then hunker down in the basement till the silly stuff is over.

After that surviving long term is going to be a matter of hard work, skills, and community.

You try to get out and any group that wants to can grab you, steal your stuff, rape you, leave you naked and fraid, or a slave. But no one can take your skills, and knowledge.

So yes I will be bugging in, gathering food and fuel at night when all seems quiet.
    My wife and I are not preppers, but we have enough common sense to have enough food and water to survive for at least a month, probably more.

The bigger issue is no more perscription meds.

In Remembrance
    I may be all wrong, but I do not understand the concept of trying to gear up to carry the gear you need to survive long term on foot, deciding which gun to carry would be the least of my worrys.

Banned
    When it comes to bug out gear I tend to lean towards a 750ml bottle of Bushmills Irish Whiskey (nice square cross section and flat sides) with a credit card, a fully charged smart phone and a one hundred dollar bill held on to the sides of the bottle with a good stout rubber band. Should get me through just about any emergency.
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 09-08-2015 at 10:42 PM.

Banned

Vendor Sponsor

got what I need right here .. not running .. holdout till I can't any more ..
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Only purpose for keeping a bugout bag in the car is to insure I can get home. Food, water, 5 out of 7 near neighbors are well armed. Other two I don't know for sure. But community means we can look out for each other.

But yes in direct response to OP more than 300 rounds is probably excessive. Zombie apocalypse is an exception, then it's all the ammo you can haul. 22 LR if you think you want to carry a long term supply. Save the 300 rounds of stouter ammo for serious shooting.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy

Definitely staying put unless circumstances prevent me from doing so. Have everything i need to sustain for quite some time and all my neighbors in my small community have freezers stocked with meat and fish like i do so i think we could hold off the zombie invasion for quite sometime.

Boolit Master
    My house would have to collapse or burn before I leave and traveling by foot would be for the sole purpose of finding a vehicle asap.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

I'm with smoke. Inside the house its shotguns, close range it is the SKS or the new HiPoint .40sw carbine. Long range I'd likely reach for my .357 mag single shot handi rifle.

Soon as things settle a bit get together with anyone left near and start working together to get food, fuel, essentials stockpiled.

Boolit Bub
    CZ858 and an old soviet bandolier loaded with stripper clips of 7.62

Barring some sort of apocalyptic event, I'll be staying where I am. If need be I have enough resources to get me and mine home.
    NRA Benefactor

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast