Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Affordable way to get a good pcp.

Boolit Master

Affordable way to get a good pcp.

I recently got into air guns. I use mine for shooting an invasive species of bird. They're good eating.

I'm not sure if these are known here, but I thought I'd post a thread about them.

I bought a gen 1.5 flying dragon pcp in .177 last year after getting frustrated with the idiosyncrasies of Springers.

Cost was under $300 for a pcp and high pressure pump to fill the reservoir. I caught a sale, they're more like $300 now for pump and rifle.

It shoots standard. 177 pellets at 900 Fps on a conservative tune, and is very accurate out to 35 yard, which is the longest I've had occasion to shoot it.

The man selling them is great, when you order one, he calls to ask how you want it tuned before shipping it out. He then tunes, test fires and chronos the gun.

I've enjoyed it, and the pump is a quality piece.

Here's the link.
    http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/ind...&product_id=56
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Quote Originally Posted by thx997303 View Post
    I recently got into air guns. I use mine for shooting an invasive species of bird. They're good eating.

I'm not sure if these are known here, but I thought I'd post a thread about them.

I bought a gen 1.5 flying dragon pcp in .177 last year after getting frustrated with the idiosyncrasies of Springers.

Cost was under $300 for a pcp and high pressure pump to fill the reservoir. I caught a sale, they're more like $300 now for pump and rifle.

It shoots standard. 177 pellets at 900 Fps on a conservative tune, and is very accurate out to 35 yard, which is the longest I've had occasion to shoot it.

The man selling them is great, when you order one, he calls to ask how you want it tuned before shipping it out. He then tunes, test fires and chronos the gun.

Here's the link.
    I have never dealt with him personally . But he is well liked and highly recommended on all the forums I have been a member of .Marvin

Boolit Master

Well, here's my experience. Ordered the air gun by sending an email to Mike, he called me and asked how I wanted it tuned, for accuracy, and decent shoot count. He tuned it and sent it out. I Recieved it, and charged the tube.

Everything was great, shot well, but after a bit, it started leaking from the tube. Using water, I found a pin hole in the tube.

Told Mike about it and took a picture. He shipped me out a new tube and I sent the old one back to him.

Was a smooth transaction. I've been satisfied.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

A little off topic . But I use soapy water sprayed on my rifles and if I can not find it with that or a balloon taped on to the barrel . The muzzle end goes into a bucket of water next . And if I have to the whole rifle goes in . It is going to get torn apart more than likely and a blowing off with air and some WD 40 which was made to disperse water will stop any rusting .Marvin

Good read. I have thought to buy one of these Chinese guns but that old saying of "you get what you pay for" still scares me along with fine print about the warrantee. Having owned an Air Arms Pro Sport for almost 20 years now, it still shoots same as new and nary an issue, nada, not one. Of course mine cost a lot more and is not a PCP rifle; what I now am wanting.

GC45

So now that a good price on a rifle has been found what is a good way (priced)to keep this type of rifle up and charged

Boolit Man
    I bought one of the 1st generation Flying Dragon .22 pcp's a few years ago as well.
    I liked it so much that i sold several other pcp's as this one does it all and has features i prefer..i absolutely love the stock which is designed like the old infinity line of higher end pcp's, its very accurate with jsb 18gr. pellets and is tuned for power, only gives me 7 or 8 shots but they're right under 30ftlbs of energy and will drop a coop raiding possum or coon quick with a good headshot. I like too that the 1st gen guns were all metal and yet are still lightweight. Only takes me about 30 pumps with an FX handpump to bring it back up to 1500psi and full power. After 2 or 3 years i've had no leaks or issues. As the pumping isn't best for target practice i picked up the co2 version too, the XS60C (.22). It is the identical rifle but uses 2 cartridges to charge. Its equally accurate but only launches 14gr. pellets at about 600fps or less.
    These are fantastic airguns and are incredible bargains.
    Last edited by JonnyReb; 09-13-2015 at 06:43 PM.

thx, how is the trigger on your Dragon? I sure understand the idiosyncrasies of Springers! I have a Hatsan 1000 and am waiting for the Brown tuck and new scope. The cheap one that came with the gun is junk.

Quote Originally Posted by thx997303 View Post

Here's the link.

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

--- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona