WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: See the Funny LIttle Clown

Boolit Grand Master
    Prayers up for you and your wife both

Boolit Buddy

Prayers sent for your wife's speedy recovery. My Brother in Law is going through radiation and chemo for throat cancer at the present and my brother did 2 years ago. I know how sick it makes people so prayers sent for her strength as well.
    "The Constitution should be taken like mountain whiskey -- undiluted and untaxed." - Sam Ervin

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    The wife had here last radiation treatment this AM

I learn somethings I needed to know and some things, well let’s say it’s just tragic and sad.

She has changed and has been a bit touchy.

We have so much to be thankful for but she seems to lose that. She is a strong women that went through hell with all of the meds she took, it’s no wonder she is different.

I find that the only thing I can control is myself and that is far from perfect. She almost died and I was the only one there nearly 100 % of the time.

For myself I no longer understand prayer. It was my one hope that may have been wasted.
    Maybe just maybe GOD has hurt my love one.
    He gave us so much but then fixes so little.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

I hope and pray that peace and comfort are given to you. Our crosses are so different at times and it does not make sense, but I gain my hope and faith reading Job whom did not understand either. I can relate with the change in the person, albeit our situation are 180 degrees different, but the similarity is that we are both experiencing the love of our life changing and there is nothing we can do but control ourselves. I have been seeking the "silver lining" which is the blessing of this, but at this juncture it is too new for me to see. With you I can only imagine it is the same. God bless you and grant you peace and clarity.
    BullFrog

The Lord is my rock and my salvation

Joel 2:28-32

DCP.... I nearly lost my mother to BC thrice, and nearly my wife to depression and anxiety. We've had some tough years...but through blind faith, love and power that I will never understand, we're all still standing. Yeah...relationships have changed, we as people have all changed, and things will never be the same as they were before, but through faith and love, we've all found acceptance with that. We are blessed to have one another, and time has allowed us all to understand what we cannot control, and to focus on what we can. It has made us all stronger....with scars, but with more resolve in our faith, family and selves. I pray that God will allow you and your wife the same.

God Speed! Trails.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update, DCP. Prayers for all of you and your family. Tough times tell us what we're made of, and prompt us to firm up any weak spots. In that way at least, they're our friends, but they sure do come at a price! Prayers continue.

Boolit Master

The wife has been taking anti depressant for about 10 days now,things are much better.

He gave us so much but then fixes so little.

With the cancer God had his hand on us and bless us.

ALL the prayers to fix this family have gone unanswered. Even when she was facing death, family could not find it in their hearts to forgive. That speaks volumes.

Now comes the Irony, I or we must forgive 70x7. I find that easy our door will always be open to them. Even more serious is their souls are in danger and they haven’t a clue. We will take this burden to our grave for there is no hope.

I only say the Lord’s Prayer now, anything else is a waste of time.
    Last edited by DCP; 02-07-2016 at 10:07 AM.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Mold
    You have my prayers.

Dan

Moderator Emeritus

Just remember, DCP, like Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over 'till it's over." And it's NEVER over for any of us until the day we finally die, which of course comes to all of us. Between now and then, no matter what we're facing, things can take a turn for either the better or the worse, and if it's for the better, it's not necessarily a "reward" from God for doing good, and if it's not for the better, then it's not necessarily a "punishment" for doing bad. We walk this realm without any promise of reward HERE if we do good, nor a promise of punishment HERE if we do bad. "It will rain on the just and the unjust alike." If we got rewarded strictly on the basis of the good we do, it'd be like working for a paycheck, and there'd be no love involved, or even the desire to show our reverence and benefolence. And if we only got punished if we did bad, then those who do good would never be tested, really, for how deep their trust and faith are. It's a paradox, but I think we can all see the Truth in this.

Our sufferings are our real test, just as it was for Job. Even in our deepest trials, though, God and faith will ALWAYS see us through anything that might befall us. Look at what the martyrs for Christianity have been exposed to, as well as what our Savior suffered through to save all our souls.

We naturally have wants and desires, and when they're not fulfilled, it saddens us, often greatly. But a cup can't hold any more until it's hollowed out deeper, and I suspect that sometimes, these difficult and sad times are what prepares u for greater happiness than we'd ever expected in this life. It doesn't always work that way, but God really DOES have a plan for each of us, and He knows a LOT more about what we really NEED than even we do ourselves.

Just hang on to your Faith, and keep doing what you know you need to and ought to do, and something good WILL come out of it at the end. Of that, we've been given a guarantee. Whether it comes on this side or the far side of the veil is the only thing we can't know fully. It's our trials that keep us humble, and clearly show us how little we really have in control over our fate. We "moderns" don't like realizing that, but it's true, nevertheless.

Lots of prayers are being rendered for you, your wife and the family, so .... just keep the faith and ride this out to the end with your Faith breaking the waves for you. There's something in all this that you need. It'll probably reveal itself before to long.

Boolit Master

The wife had chemo on 22 April She will have chemo every three weeks until June 24. Then there be a pet scan and a survivors meeting of some sort. Then she will have surgery to remove the port.Its not been easy for her.

We are truly blessed as bad as this was. Her personality has changed and then again probably so has mine. It's been a really long year.

We are truly blessed regardless of what the year was like. I sometimes think that I live with two or three different women. I do appreciate her so much more and the things she does. Soon with Gods help this will be over with.

Maybe someday will be able to help someone going through the same things we did.

I was sure this is a test for our children turns out it was a test for us. We have learned how cold,heartless and Uncaring Family can be. We have truly learned how must forgive them.

Vaya con Dios
    DCP

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Moderator Emeritus

Like many of us here, I'm still thinking and praying for you and your family.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    DCP,
    I admire your wife and yourself, for not only keeping up the fight, but for sharing what is going on and letting us pray for you both.

Prayers continue.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Moderator Emeritus

DCP, I want to thank you for providing the rest of us an example of how to bear huge burdens and tough times. We all need to see others show us the way, and you've done that, despite all the forces that were waging against you. This, more than anything, shows the real value of our faith and conviction. Many cut and run when times get tough. You didn't, and hung in there even in the toughest times. That's real COURAGE, sir, combined with real belief and true faith. Nothing else I know of can withstand times like you've had now.

G. K. Chesterton called the kind of times you've gone through, moments "when there is nothing but God." You've both been tested and you passed the test with great honor. I salute you, and we'll all keep praying for both of you. This is yet another of those situations where it's not a "one and done" situation, and we'll try to be as faithful as you've demonstrated yourself to be with your wife and the situation you were both in. So keep the faith, brother. It matters. A lot.

Boolit Master

Update

Next week the wife will have he last Chemo and then her port removed about a week later.
    Its been quite a journey. Over a year now. God blessed us the cancer is gone.

Thanks to all for the prayers and support
    Last edited by DCP; 06-18-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    DCP,
    Normally I would post the "little guy running back and forth, shouting woo-hoo", but due to the fight and anguish that you both have gone though, it just doesn't seem to be appropriate.
    I am truly heartened and happy that your wife's cancer is gone, and wish you both the Lord's blessing for your health and happiness. Cherish every day.
    Thank you for letting us pray with you.

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

AWESOME
    Thank you for the report
    God is Good!!
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Dcp thank God for your report and His blessing on your wife. Needed to read this today.

Moderator Emeritus

Wow! What a great report!!! I'm SO glad for both of you! We pray, but never have any real assurance that God will answer every prayer the way we ask of Him. We just do our due diligence and then hope. Without hope, all would be lost here in this realm.

Thank you greatly for this great report. We burried my cousin a few months back, who fought another form of cancer for over 16 years, and he was stalwart and valiant, and a real inspiration to many. What he did, and what he meant to us, and so many friends and acquaintences, was truly a boon to us all. And when he finally passed, God was merciful, and let him pass without pain or struggle. It was as if he'd simply gone to sleep.

And as to the family situation, don't be discouraged. That's just another challenge to your faith. Return their standoffishness with love, and even if they aren't changed, you will be. Life isn't about getting what we want. It's about dealing with whatever God lets be put before us, and sometimes, maybe there's some folks watching that need to SEE how a real Christian deals with loss, even when it's the greatest loss we can suffer in this realm. People marvel when they see what real faith is, and how it works, and what it can really do here in this realm.

And thanks again for a shining example of real faith under terrible duress. All of us benefit from your example, and your honesty. Some time, when you get in the mood, check out C. S. Lewis' story of how he had to watch her, truly the light of his life at the time, succumb to cancer, back when there was little to do for it. I think it'll likely bring a tear to your eye and some joy to your heart to realize you're not the only one, by far, to meet this in life, and be challenged by it, and his story is even more brutally honest and forthright than you've been here. That will make it hard for you to read, I know, so wait until you're in the right mood for it. It'll also let you know why "bad things happen to good people" when you realize what an example you've been. You'll probably never know how your example has benefited many who you just simply didn't really notice through this, what with your attention being focused on your wife, and a little on your self and family. But you've done more and better than you now realize, and it matters more than you'll probably ever really know or appreciate, until the veil is lifted for us all. What you've done, and what all you've written here, MEANS something, and it ain't small. So thanks again. As humans, we follow examples FAR more than we do words. It's just the way we work, and you have given us a great example. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    God bless you .

Boolit Master

That is awesome news!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast