Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: .250 Condor back in service

.250 Condor back in service

Rifle is about 8 years old and been stored for about a year and a half . Started out as a .177 and still has the .177 valve spring in the valve . I pulled it a part and repaired the air leak . Cleaned it up and lubed everything . Removed the heavy spring I had in it and put the talon tune heavy hammer in it . I have a TT tank adapter on it to lower the tank .Which allows me to tether and regulate it . It pick up a little energy the second time of running strings . 48 grain 10 bhn .2495 bullets were used . First string was not tethered or regulated but the rest were . Not the most powerful . But it will work for me and should yield a lot of shoots per tank . Might replace the frame it has a lot of wear from the chocking handle . Asked AF for a price will see what they say . Marvin

Boolit Master
    Marvin,Is the .250 barrel stock AF or is it a custom?I would love to know what all is required to get your results , the 2800 psi straight fill numbers look like something I would be very interested in.Thank you
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

Quote Originally Posted by alrighty View Post
    Marvin,Is the .250 barrel stock AF or is it a custom?I would love to know what all is required to get your results , the 2800 psi straight fill numbers look like something I would be very interested in.Thank you
    The barrel is a 24 inch stock AF LW choked barrel . And because it is choked I have to use 8-10 bhn lead when shooting conical bullets . Or it will lead the muzzle end of the barrel after a hand full of shots . Some cut the choke off the barrel to shoot conical bullets . Other than the TT heavy hammer the internals are stock . You will have to go through trial and error with TH and PW adjustments . But you should be able to get at least this out of your rifle . Marvin

Boolit Master
    A 48-grain pill @850 or so is pretty potent medicine, especially if you are getting good accuracy. Nice work!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by melloairman View Post
    The barrel is a 24 inch stock AF LW choked barrel . And because it is choked I have to use 8-10 bhn lead when shooting conical bullets . Or it will lead the muzzle end of the barrel after a hand full of shots . Some cut the choke off the barrel to shoot conical bullets . Other than the TT heavy hammer the internals are stock . You will have to go through trial and error with TH and PW adjustments . But you should be able to get at least this out of your rifle . Marvin
    Thank you ,80 fpe in a .25 looks great.
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

Tuners are getting more out of them but this will work . I have a 201 with a .250 TJ liner for a barrel that I use when I need more energy in a 25 . It has a 28 inch barrel on it . This is the rifle that retired the Condor for a while .Marvin

Boolit Master
    Marvin , your other thread is what got me interested in a .25 caliber.Of course I had no idea what a 201 was at the time.After Google led me to the Shin Sung fire 201 I started looking into the Sumatra 2500.I am still undecided over the Sumatra or the Condor.I know the Sumatra is a repeater but I can live without that for what I am wanting from this rifle.
    I know you also made mention of the Sumatra maybe having an issue with a O ring that could be prone to early failure.I would love to hear your thoughts on these rifles.Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by alrighty View Post
    Marvin , your other thread is what got me interested in a .25 caliber.Of course I had no idea what a 201 was at the time.After Google led me to the Shin Sung fire 201 I started looking into the Sumatra 2500.I am still undecided over the Sumatra or the Condor.I know the Sumatra is a repeater but I can live without that for what I am wanting from this rifle.
    I know you also made mention of the Sumatra maybe having an issue with a O ring that could be prone to early failure.I would love to hear your thoughts on these rifles.Thank you
    What concerns me about the Sumatra is the breech o ring is placed in the barrel not on the probe . Any barrel cleaning will be done on it as well as the barrel . The o ring was not made to have this done to it . 2000 -3000 psi is a lot of pressure to seal . I do not want to have to replace the o ring every time I clean the barrel . That is why I pulled the condor out and took a look at it . Marvin