Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Pellet size chart

Pellet size chart

I found this site . Which is not the one I was looking for . It is in mm but that can be converted . Still looking for another one I had .Marvin
    http://www.photosbykev.com/wordpress...llet-database/
    Found a beeman chart .
    http://www.beemans.net/pellet%20specs.htm
    I notice that PA does list pellets by head diameter on the left side of the site when you select a pellet caliber . But after what I saw today with accuracy with my Disco {and I have been wrong before } at 35 yards and the WC grouping well and the RN not . When it should be the other way around . And the difference being in the skirt diameter being .004 larger with the WC I think that the skirt diameter plays a big part in accuracy . The contact area of most of these pellet heads are so narrow that I would think that if the skirt is not tight at take off that the pellet would have a good chance of cocking to a side while it is starting to move . JMO Marvin
    Last edited by melloairman; 06-07-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Boolit Master
    Thank you for that link, that is very helpful.I am having a hard time trying to find the b.c. of a few pellets.
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by melloairman View Post
    ..... The contact area of most of these pellet heads are so narrow that I would think that if the skirt is not tight at take off that the pellet would have a good chance of cocking to a side while it is starting to move . JMO Marvin
    Very true consideration but head dia. means a great deal too. Think of shooting a bore-ride boolit that the nose is too small, it will wobble all over the place as it goes down the barrel, & if it's cocked to a random side @ muzzle exit....you get patterns instead of groups. Fit at both ends of the pellet are very important for top accuracy.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."