Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Raging Swaging???

Question Raging Swaging???

Any experiences to date with this company?

http://www.ragingswaging.com/index.html
    Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projecitles

Boolit Buddy
    I think that is upnorth's new company. He has an interesting history here at cast boolits but I still want to give an adjustable mold a try

Boolit Buddy

Yeah, I'm just waiting for him to get his cart up and running for an adjustable coremold.
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Frosted Boolits

Tim does a nice job on the adjustable core molds.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Bub
    Tim does a stellar job with his .22 bullet dies also. His core swage moulds are very consistent when locked in.

I'm off to the NRA Whittington Center this weekend for the Cowboy Lever Silhouette Nationals with 10,000 seated cores to finish up. Can't wait to actually get to shoot some of them.

Boolit Master
    I have a jacket trimming die Tim made for me. Good quality work and a nice guy to deal with. If you want something before his cart is up, just call him. I think his number is on the site.

Boolit Mold
    I have his 22 cal package which included the following, Derimming die,Core mold,Trim die,Core swage die,Core seat die, and Point form die. I put in a order for a point tipping die and punch for another project, he was honest and told me up front it will be a while. He does excellent work !!!!

Boolit Mold
    Just got back from visiting Raging Swaging custom tools. Talk about a busy person Tim is, he had three machines running at one time. He was working on some past orders trying to finish them up by the end of next week he said. He was also building up on quite a inventory of presses, custom longer adjustable core molds with steel sprue plates and steel cam levers, his design on the sprue plate I thought was a very good idea which know longer uses the cam lever and sprue handle which means no more broken pieces, showed me his smaller prototype swage press, and had a two to three foot wide by eight foot long bench of dies he was busy polishing on. I would say pretty quick his shopping cart should be up and running, as he must have quite a amount of money tied up in materials alone. He also had a bunch of auto ejectors made up and on the shelf that I seen. He was going to give me a tour of his finishing building and final assembly building that was going thru a internal remodel but he got tied up in a phone call . I did put in a order for some things and should have them in a while after he said he got caught up fulfilling some things. I am sure glad I got a chance to meet him and stop by his facility, what a stand up person and very talented. I am glad I waited to get his swage tooling, as I had another chance to buy a Corbin set up but I figured time to support the new generation of die builders. A note to the people that have been waiting he does top notch work and you will be happy guaranteed. I am excited for him and I think you all should help in supporting his business. LJM

Boolit Master

Just talked to him earlier this week, said the board in his CNC needed rebuilt, capacitor problems. I got one of his core molds, waiting for a second and an er40 holder.
    Bill

Boolit Buddy

I keep saying, I have his full sized press and it is a masterpiece. LJM, glad to hear he's up and running. Tim needs some good luck and hard work is the way to go. Bet his dies are top notch.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Frosted Boolits

Is he making er40 collet chucks too?

the BB knows

Boolit Mold
    Just called Tim this afternoon and his lathe is back up and running. I did see a computer board on one of his work desks and that was the broken down board for his lathe. Illinois Coyote Hunter I can't answer if he is making the er thing I have no idea. Rph I got to try a set of 45 cal dies on the big press and also the prototype smaller press. The big press is a night and day difference in effort making it much easier to do. I derimmed some 22 rim fires on it also and it was zero effort. I also tried the derimming die on the rock Chucker and lee classic cast press and his die has a definite advantage over some of the competitions as I have it also. I have a friend who has several of the different manufacturers die and it is light years ahead. He had a few sets of quite a few different caliber dies made up and sitting on his shelves. I know for a fact he was completing some .500 stuff and had some extras of them. I do have his 22 cal package and showed it to a friend who is spoiled on corbin stuff. He was very impressed with the workmanship and even when he tried them he said they were as good as corbins. He also said the derimming dies is much better in the less effort thing and makes jackets he thought as good as the others in quality. Gotta get going give him a shout if you need something. LJM

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=IllinoisCoyoteHunter;3343995]Is he making er40 collet chucks too?[/QUOTE

I sent him a concept drawing for an er 40. Don't know when it is going to be done. I hope this year, I need it for some die work. May have to get a 3 jaw till then. All I have is a 4 jaw, set up time and lack of experience slow me down terribly.
    Bill

Frosted Boolits

Bill if you get on YouTube there are several videos on setting up a 4 jaw in no time. The trick with 4 jaws is using 2 chuck keys at the same time. Does your lathe have a threaded spindle?

the BB knows

Boolit Master

ICH I have a Logan with a 1 1/2 8 or 10 spindle. Can't remember. I'm not near the lathe right now.
    Bill

Frosted Boolits

Bill, there is a great instructional Web page that gives step by step instructions on making your own er 40 collet chuck...and with you machining it on your spindle it should have very very little to no runout. Here is a link.

http://www.projectsinmetal.com/two-h...chuck-adapter/

The specs are for the Grizzly 10x22 lathe but the only difference will be your spindle threads. A collet nut and wrench can be purchased from Shars on the cheap. Just FYI

I used 12L14 and had about $13 in steel, $15 in the collet nut, and $10 in the wrench...plus collets of course at about $10/each. Basic tooling is all that is needed...plus you get to practice internal threading, metric threading, and turning precise tapers. I am a beginner and found it to be a great project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150815_170814.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	146735
    Last edited by IllinoisCoyoteHunter; 08-15-2015 at 06:27 PM.

the BB knows

In Remembrance

And I quote:
    "Our Bullet Swaging Dies are made from top quality steel and are heat treated and polished to a mirror finish. "

HUH??? Mirror finish???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-23.jpg  

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Frosted Boolits

That is the bottom and outside of the die. No need to polish that to a mirror finish. What's inside is what counts.

the BB knows

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=IllinoisCoyoteHunter;3347960]That is the bottom and outside of the die. No need to polish that to a mirror finish. What's inside is what counts.[/QUOTE

You beat me to the punch. You know as well as I do that there are icons in every sections of life and if you do things a little different someone is going to nit pick every step of the way. BT is a pretty good machinist there is no denying it, however he has a hook that grabbed attention, converting used brass casings into fairly accurate projectiles, and we know Duke is one of his best customers.

Boolit Man
    Buyer beware on this one. My story below.

In November of 2013 (21 months ago) I ordered a press and a die from Tim. I paid up front over $1400 which included shipping for the press and the first die. I was quoted 1 1/2 to 2 months turn around time. Shortly after I decided that I wanted a second die and a core mold so I paid in full for the die as well as the service of cutting the mold and I sent him a blank mold.

In September of 2014 (10 months later) after several people on this site posted in his thread that they were in the same situation and some of them had been waiting longer than myself I decided that I would give him 6 weeks to produce the goods or I was going to report him for fraud. In short order he contacted me and produced the first die and sent it to me with the promise that he would produce the rest shortly after. I have yet to see the rest of what I paid for. Six weeks ago or so I told him if he can get me the press I'll forget about the second die. Still nothing. He is always saying he is working on them and working on back ordered stuff but then you always hear about new stuff he is making or according to this thread "building up on quite a inventory of presses".

The times I have spoken with Tim on the phone he seems like a nice enough guy and I really do wish him the best, but when your quoted 1 1/2 to 2 months and 21 months later your fighting to get your stuff something is wrong.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast